Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No DNF This December

A post to the 3D Realms Forums (thanks BicycleRepairMan) by 3DR's Joe Siegler confirms the obvious: That the December release date for Duke Nukem Forever that recently appeared on the Amazon website (story) is indeed bogus. Contact The Inquirer for legal advice about who to sue. Word is:

This issue is covered there. Nothing's new. If there was a new development along these lines, you wouldn't have to "find out" about it from an article at "The Inquirer" or at Amazon's UK site.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 18:32 Billy Bob

My cousin's neighbor's brother's uncle, knows a guy who scrubs the toilets at 3dRealms, and he swears they are working hard to get this released by Summer '06.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. I took the Blue Pill! Oct 6, 2005, 17:38 Yosemite_SLAM

There is no DNF! You see! You see!

Thats right! Yosemite_SLAM! The roughest, toughest hombre that ever locked horns with a rabbit!

42. No subject Oct 6, 2005, 16:14 Optimaximal

I dunno where everyone is getting the idea that Amazon are just out to make money through pre-orders... They don't actually take the money until the product ships!

41. Suckers! We got press time. Har Har Oct 6, 2005, 15:19 Kxmode

LEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOOYYYYYY

-----
latest track: http://www.kxmode.com/media/music/kxmode_-_driftwood.mp3
more free music: http://music.download.com/kxmode

40. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 11:11 Zathrus

Is it common that I hit ESC : wq when i decided to post this?

No.

And I say this using vim/gvim exclusively for all text editing.

Edit: Besides, :x is much more efficient!
This comment was edited on Oct 6, 11:11.

39. No subject Oct 6, 2005, 07:26 Ledge

i'd just like to know how a game company survives for this long without getting a game out the door. I estimate 6 months for something to happen, either some sorta DNF announcement or they are closin their doors.

38. Re: No subject Oct 6, 2005, 05:32 TorTorden

what colour is surprised? is it more sepia or raw sienna? i dunno.

I have'nt got a clue but I suggest #FF2F74. Would take a couple of weeks to find the right one thoug it all depends on wether the persons face looses blood or gains blood (INO blushes)

In other news it seems that Hell is starting to freeze over in Norway as it has every other year before. (I'm just glad I don't have to spend it in the forrest this time, clutching my 7.62 automatic rifle for warmth.)

The year will be 2039. Little Susie will be busy outside grooming the rat. Johnny boy will be busy fishing tadpoles out from the nearby radioactive river bank. And grandpa Joe will be digging thru the attic trying to find his amd64 X2 4800 with 7800 sli because DNF just hit.

I took the liberty of adjusting it.
Thinking this media cirkus IS Duke Nukem Forever, cause we sure have been talking about it forever (yes I only have shor term memory)

Is it common that I hit ESC : wq when i decided to post this?

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 05:36.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

37. No subject Oct 6, 2005, 02:45 Tanto Edge

This is too funny...
This game has been in development for so long that I have to remind myself it's still in development.
That said, when it's released, it's going to be good. It's 3D Realms. Tell yourself it's another Daikatana, if you like. But take my word on this... it will be good...
when it's released...
eventually...
yeah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

36. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2005, 23:08 Ray Singh

I actually kinda feel sorry for 3drealms. How could they actually release DNF without it getting completely ridiculed.

They sort of dug their own hole, but anything they release will be bashed by every reviewer and every forum poster. The game has no chance.

The problem is that Duke Nukem 3D was a lot of fun, it has some wit, guns, some silly sexual stuff and an easy editor. It was fun while I was in college, had a blast playing DM

35. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2005, 23:01 WiillyWonka

I think we'd be better off spending our time working on predicting when the earth will be decimated by a giant comet

I thought I told you all already...
The year will be 2019. Little Susie will be busy outside grooming the cat. Johnny boy will be busy fishing tadpoles out from the nearby river bank. And grandpa Joe will be trying to remember where he placed his dentures. Then it hits.

Well, color me surprised!

what colour is surprised? is it more sepia or raw sienna? i dunno.

34. No subject Oct 5, 2005, 22:29 CrimsonPaw

I think we'd be better off spending our time working on predicting when the earth will be decimated by a giant comet instead of figuring out when this will come out. BTW, we'll get hit before DNF goes gold, so expect another "delay" announcement.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 22:30.

~~Crim~~

33. Re: I heard Oct 5, 2005, 22:27 Masa

Please this game to me is nothing more then hype and as far as I’m concerned it can go way forever.

Has to be an actual game to hype first.

edit- couldn't resist

They'd never get another dime of my money.

And when was the last you time you honestly bought a 3d Realms product?

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 22:28.

32. DNF Oct 5, 2005, 22:27 Sully

I was going to say "who cares" but I decided that I should say something more constructive:

If and when DNF is ever released, it had better be unbelievable or 3D Realms is DOOMED. They'd never get another dime of my money.

31. Re: There is no game... Oct 5, 2005, 22:15 _SE_

...I think 3DRealms is just a tax shelter that makes a pretense of development to stay legal.
Well, obviously- do you think it was just a coincidence that it was named Duke Nukem "Forever"?

30. Re: in the end , this WILL be a FUn game Oct 5, 2005, 21:58 Prez

I try to be agreeable with everyone - I just want us all to get along.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

29. Re: in the end , this WILL be a FUn game Oct 5, 2005, 21:55 BoringHotPants

Hello Prez/ John
you have been very agreeable with me here as I begin my long quest to post 1,342 messages by years end,
GOd bless you and here is an At'a boy
/me nudges you in the face in a playful manner

28. Re: I heard Oct 5, 2005, 21:44 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Besides are new releases about DNF being done...REALLY necessary.

Think about it , when it does get released everyone will know.

Why?

BECAUSE HELL WILL HAVE FROZEN OVER!!!!

I rest my case.

27. Re: I heard Oct 5, 2005, 21:14 Fion

They should give up on posting this crap. If there was ever vaporware.. DNF is it!

Prey became vaporware but indeed was resurected. I saw the E3 video for it and it looks very cool. Sposed to be out 1Q 2006

26. Re: I heard Oct 5, 2005, 21:01 Avrus

Hell, Prey was started long after DNF, then cancelled and has since been resurrected.

Chances are you'll see that before you see DNF.

25. Re: I heard Oct 5, 2005, 20:58 Darks

I personally wish that you all would just stop posting anything at all about DNF its really getting really annoying to hear oh it coming out in Dec, oh wait it got cancelled. Oh wait that was just a rumor. Please this game to me is nothing more then hype and as far as I’m concerned it can go way forever. Give it a rest already George You blew it and nothing you do will change the fact that this game has been in production longer then it takes to build a Naval Cruiser in a shipyard. What a waste of time and effort you all could have release 3 version of Duke by now but instead you changed you mind more then a women does trying on dresses in a shop. Duke Nukem Forever was defiantly named properly. “Forever” I guess they took the word literally when the development started on this game.

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 20:59.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo