Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Total Overdose

Eidos' Total Overdose A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico Rolls into a North American Town Near You (thanks Frans) is the press release announcing that Total Overdose has shipped, and that Deadline's new action game is now available in North America. Here's an excerpt:

Total Overdose puts you in the shoes of Ram Cruz and his twin brother Tommy as they infiltrate the shady drug world of Mexico, as undercover DEA agents, to uncover the truth behind their father's supposed "overdose." This third person shooter arms players with tons of weapons, drivable vehicles, and hysterical one-liners. Players get the freedom to create their own action sequences with Loco Moves such as the "Mariachi Move" and the "Toro Move." Players can experiment using Loco Moves in sequences to create personalized Combo Moves that take out enemies by the dozen. To further their success, players have an optional Rewind feature that allows their character to try a new sequence of moves for more successful results.

In addition to action-packed gameplay, Total Overdose packs an adrenaline pumping soundtrack, featuring some of today's greatest Latin hip-hop artists such as Delinquent Habits, Molotov, and Control Machete, all adding their musical talents to the art style and frenzy that is Total Overdose.

Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico, accompanied with the "First Look" bonus disc of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend for the console versions, is available in stores as of September 28th, 2005 in North America for the PlayStation®2, Xbox®, and PC, retailing for $49.99.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: ˇcaramba! Sep 30, 2005, 06:53 Speckled Jim

the 'obvious fact' being that GTA really is just an average game at best and the 'majority of observers' knows it B U T because the game pisses the hell out of the Moral Majority censorship gestapo, and because reviewers and gamers love to see that happen, they wet their collective pants fawning all over the game giving it glowing 5-star reviews when they know it's 'absurd' to do so.

Marvellous, there are other people that can't stand the GTA series. I thought it was just me.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 06:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. No subject Sep 30, 2005, 05:30 Optimaximal

If anything, the combat is 5-6 times better than anything Rockstar can pull out of it's GTA ass... Shame it's woefully easy because of that stupid rewind feature...

22. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 30, 2005, 02:15 Prez

Hey, the oompa loompa song was good!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 30, 2005, 01:24 Duc

No, I bought it from play.com, not that me saying I did over a week ago really proves anything.

*EDIT*

Although I can see how "bought it on budget in the UK" does sound a bit like a euphemism for piracy. Damn you Guy Richie, your crappy gangster movies have type cast us all as thieves

Hump - If I promise I don't speak with a mockney accent will you believe me?

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 01:43.

20. Re: ˇcaramba! Sep 29, 2005, 22:16 FourPak

Although it's fun and easy to bash the GTA series
well there ya go - Fun!, Easy!, Bash! - that's a game in itself!

that series is a lot more polished than this garbage.
hey! quit disrespecting the Polish!

I bash GTA because imo it's an example of "The Emperor's New Clothes".
Emperor's New Clothes - a Metaphor for a situation wherein the overwhelming majority of observers willingly share in a collective ignorance of an obvious fact, despite individually recognising the absurdity.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor%27s_New_Clothes

the 'obvious fact' being that GTA really is just an average game at best and the 'majority of observers' knows it B U T because the game pisses the hell out of the Moral Majority censorship gestapo, and because reviewers and gamers love to see that happen, they wet their collective pants fawning all over the game giving it glowing 5-star reviews when they know it's 'absurd' to do so.
---
Death to the Games Industry! Long Live Games!

19. Re: ˇcaramba! Sep 29, 2005, 20:41 Ray Singh

I'm confused with all the GTA references.

I just consider this a budget shooter that allows you to get into vehicles.

It was a fun, not serious mindless shooter. It didn't seem like it was trying to be something, nothing good...or bad.

Although it's fun and easy to bash the GTA series, that series is a lot more polished than this garbage.

Here's hoping for Mafia 2 (in which you can actually go over 35 mph without getting a ticket)

18. Re: ˇcaramba! Sep 29, 2005, 20:04 FourPak

i guess since you play as DEA agents the government will overlook the fact that this is just Mexican GTA.

17. I love you,Sam,and I hope you know that Sep 29, 2005, 19:53 WiillyWonka

Oompa Loompa doompadee doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompadah dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when a game stars E. Wood?
I can surely say that it isn't any good
What do you think 'bout another GTA clone?

Shooting 'n shooting all--day--long

The way a child does after he plays evil games like GTA, True Crimes, Doom, Max Payne, Half-Life, and FEAR

edit: who let John Thompson edit my post? I hope he eats some gum and blows up purple so I can roll him away... TO HIS DOOM! muhahahaha!! OK, less laughing and more plotting world domination.

16. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 29, 2005, 19:36 Hump

Incidentally I picked this up on budget in the uk

bullshit, you downloaded it off bit-torrent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

15. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2005, 19:00 jm0ris0n

This sounds like quality entertainment...:|

14. Re: No subject Sep 29, 2005, 18:57 WiillyWonka

Can someone please link the site after that stupid age checker?

click on the British flag.

13. No subject Sep 29, 2005, 18:50 Acleacius

Can someone please link the site after that stupid age checker?
It automaticly sets it for today then once I select to something more approate than under 24 hours old, there is no enter button I can see.

Thanks.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: ˇcaramba! Sep 29, 2005, 18:11 House

The demo was actually kind of fun, though the main character's one-liners were beyond terrible (Something like "Hey, man, where did you get your clothes? Khakis 'R' Us?" kept playing after I killed enemies). Also, they could have made up a better title that fit the game's theme. Still, having never heard of the game beforehand I thought the demo was pretty good. Better than Serious Sam 2's demo, though that's not saying much.

11. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 29, 2005, 17:44 zincthallinide

Hilarious one-liners! Those alien bastards shot up my ride! HA HA HA HAH. HILARIOUS ONE-LINERS REALLY MAKE A GAME FUN

10. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 29, 2005, 17:28 Elf Shot The Food

The demo was fun; definitely more fun than the GTA games.

9. Re: Way to go, SCi Sep 29, 2005, 16:52 Duc

Incidentally I picked this up on budget in the uk, repeated crashes with this (doom 3, hl2, dod source, fable tlc run stable) 0 tech support so far from eidos and its been over a week. I would recomend avoiding it.

8. cool! Sep 29, 2005, 16:52 Fausticle

Best mexican based game since Frogger!

7. Way to go, SCi Sep 29, 2005, 16:17 IAmWeasel

"Total Overdose: A Gunslinger's Tale in Mexico, accompanied with the "First Look" bonus disc of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend for the console versions..."

A nice way to sell a shitty game.

6. No subject Sep 29, 2005, 15:55 Optimaximal

This game is a lot of fun, even if it is ultimately shallower than Paris Hilton...

5. Re: Cool but... Sep 29, 2005, 15:48 kyleb

I don't see any resemblance to Elija Wood at all, the main guy acutally looks rather Asian to me.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo