Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 2 Demo

The single-player demo for Call of Duty 2 is now available, offering a one mission sample of Infinity Ward's World War II shooter sequel. The 656 MB download is available on 3D Gamers, AusGamers, 4players.de (Germany), ActionTrip, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), Filecloud, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Filerush (torrent), FileShack, Fragland, Gameguru Mania, Gaming Horizon, GDHardware, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Strategy Informer, PC Gameworld, VGPro, and Worthplaying.

View
105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

45. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 21:01 sponge

Yes, this one is also a modified q3 based game.
no it isnt

From what I heard at E3, it's still technically based off of Quake3, though it's been ripped to shreds now. Think Half-Life's Quake roots. (Sorry for the double post, reading through comments from #1 first!)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Prefect timing Sep 26, 2005, 20:59 sponge

Currently d/l'ing from 3DGamers at 360/Kbs.
250 k a sec= wOOOt

I mock you and your sad download speeds. I downloaded it at 4MB/s from 3D Gamers' registered users server minutes after it came out. The game was done downloading in 2.5 minutes or so.

43. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:33 Krovven

What game wouldn't?

3.4 p4
2 gig ram
6800 GT
Audigy 2

Appearently CoD2 for this guy. His machine is comparable to mine and he says he only get 20fps...that doesnt seem wrong to you?

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games - Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com - 206.191.170.168:27410

42. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:23 ReverendTed

BiA:EiB, DoD:S, CoD2 - Man, if the WWII genre wasn't burned out before...

41. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:19 Squirmer

AMD FX-53
BFG 6800 Ultra OC 256mb
1gig ram
Audigy 2 ZS
77.72 nvidia drivers

Ran perfectly smooth for me.

What game wouldn't?

40. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:05 Krovven

AMD FX-53
BFG 6800 Ultra OC 256mb
1gig ram
Audigy 2 ZS
77.72 nvidia drivers

Ran perfectly smooth for me. What is the command to bring up FPS?

39. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 20:02 Hump

maybe something running in the background that causing it?

FWIW I've looked in at several forums and its the same story. No rhyne or reason for the disparity in performance.

EDIT: Forget the ATi theory, ppl with ATi are getting crap performance while some Nvidia are doing fine. its gotta be something else (obviously)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
This comment was edited on Sep 26, 20:04.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

38. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:58 shpankey

i tried that Xero... it still ran at 20 fps (sometimes 30).

the only thing i might think of is i just installed the new XTreme-G 78.03-HDv2 drivers. but that wouldn't explain why DOD:S runs so butter smooth with all settings maxed out.

i have a feeling this game runs a lot better on ATI cards, especially considering the X360 version and all.

i'm gonna try the new nvidia 78.05 drivers and see if it'll run better. i'll report back.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 20:00.

37. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:55 Xero

shpankey, I have a 3.2ghz P4, 1.5gb ram, and 6800 GT and it didn't run nearly that bad. Try putting it at, 1024 by 768 with 2x anti on, and anitrophic filtering. Ran great that way with no lack of details missing.

Face your Fears, Live your Dreams, No Fear -Manny Pacquiao

Currently playing: Skyrim

36. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:54 Hump

ran at 20 fps on my rig...

3.4 p4
2 gig ram
6800 GT
Audigy 2

...it ran like shit... and this is with settings on average.

60+ FPS with 2x AA and ansio set at 1024 X 768

2.8 P4
2 gig RAM
X800 Pro
Audigy Gamer

Ran smooth and slick as 18 yr old labia on a Friday night.....

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

35. No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:53 Xero

Very quick demo. Has very nice graphics(Xbox 360? thought it would be more advanced than this though). The lack of physics is odd considering nowadays the trend physics has been. The enviroments seriously lack any interaction though I guess you don't have time to shoot much since it's nonstop triggers and scripts pulling you through it all. Not a bad game, brought back memories of the first.

Face your Fears, Live your Dreams, No Fear -Manny Pacquiao

Currently playing: Skyrim

34. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:52 shpankey

ran at 20 fps on my rig...

3.4 p4
2 gig ram
6800 GT
Audigy 2

...it ran like shit... and this is with settings on average.

As a comparison DOD:S runs extremely smooth with all settings maxed and looks 10x better.

33. My 2 bits Sep 26, 2005, 19:49 Hump

They didn't mess with the original formula which is good. Even the menu's are pulled from the original games. Not as much environmental interactivity as you'd expect (in 2005 if I shoot at a clay vase I expect the friggin' thing to shatter) and no extensive physics either (I suppose the smooth performance comes at a price). As others have mentioned the game runs smooth and is gorgeous. No suprises but no major disappointments either.

would've been nice to include some MP DM though....

- Jim Goad

32. Re: First impressions... Sep 26, 2005, 19:47 random.thought

Tough call, pay 19.95 for an ancient game with new graphics, or download a free demo that will probably provide more entertainment and certainly better graphics for free..... hmmmm. Will have to ponder on this for hours.

Ponder this: we really, really wish god would pull some matrix shit on you and make it so you can't ever open your mouth again. Your comments are so fucking old that the world breaks orbit from everybody simultaneously rolling their eyes at them. Why are you so eager to see Valve fall, Tumbler? Do you get off on hundreds of people losing their jobs? What the fuck did they ever do to you for you to desire the complete and utter destruction of a company for whose existence is probably the only way their employees feed their children? Did they dump toxic waste in your backyard? Drown your puppies? Seriously dude, it's time to shut the fuck up and move on. Seriously.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 19:48.

31. Re: wow Sep 26, 2005, 19:46 Pedle Zelnip

You can also get it from http://videogames.yahoo.com/predownload?eid=398695

Sweet, thanks for that link. I'm downloading it from there while at school and currently getting around 630 KBps!!!

PZ
------------
Reading: Jim Starlin's "Among Madmen"

PZ
------------

30. Re: wow Sep 26, 2005, 19:45 Rosco

"Its like xmas! Did anyone expect this?"

Not me, this one came right out of the blue, great timing! I didn't expect to see this until next year. Downloading now at over 300K from nZone. Too bad DoD:S doesn't come with some single player action, or I'd jump on that too, that'd give me my WWII fix for quite some time then!

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_cod2_downloads.html

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 19:50.

Consoles are schwag.

29. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:43 Reikon

I found the demo much easier than the original game. I took a bunch of hits yet I never died.

28. Re: First impressions... Sep 26, 2005, 19:41 Krovven

Good demo, but as already pointed out, it has the same problems as the first...overly scripted and it plays on rails.

Graphics are excellent and they play smooth as butter, only thing I turned down was Dynamic Light to Normal.

I enjoyed playing the first game and the expansion...even though the expansion had some extremely annoying bullshit battles where if you didnt cross the imaginary line the enemies just kept coming non-stop (that farm house with the bridge out front you had to cross, was the worst).

I will definitely play single player for this, but never really liked MP of Call of Duty...I'll get my WW2 MP fix from DoDs.

27. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 19:39 Elf Shot The Food

Pretty good, but it's not brilliant. Then again, I'm one of those people who think the original game was over-hyped.

It seems like the original game in terms of feel, only now there is a lot more chatter from your squadmates, which is good. The AI on them and the enemies seems good also. They put in a grenade indicator, indicating where thrown grenades have landed, giving you an opportunity to get out of the way. Quite handy.

There's no health bar, so it's hard to tell how much health you have left; the game tells you to find cover when you've taken a bunch of hits.

There's no in-game save, but the game auto-saves at regular intervals.

They talked a lot about how COD2 wouldn't be as linear as the first game, but this level wasn't a really great indicator of that. It's pretty straightforward.

As with the first game, there's lots of scripted stuff going on; planes flying overhead, stuff blowing up, etc. Most of it is done fairly well.

Performance-wise, it ran well for me at 1024x768 with AF on and high detail settings; a little bit of chop here and there, but nothing major. Then again, I only have a 1.8GHGZ processor.

Not mind-blowing, but it's good. Pretty much what you'd expect a COD sequel to be like.

26. Re: wow Sep 26, 2005, 19:38 Ant

Hump: It's Yahoo! The guys are rich.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

105 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo