Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: PDZ Sep 27, 2005, 00:11 Fantaz

From the videos it looks like it's still in beta. And this game is supposed to be a launch title? I have a feeling that it's going to get delayed, maybe longer than Daikatana.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: PDZ Sep 26, 2005, 17:51 MeatForce

I guess the fact that Joanna Dark is on the cover of FHM is supposed to make me want the game more, or something?

Just meh.

Yeah, that sort of garbage always makes me want a game less than I ever thought possible.

It's like getting a personalized note from the marketing dept. that says, "HI! We think you're a brain-dead fucking idiot!! Look! Boobies!! Boobies that are SHPERES!!! WOOT!! WOOT! Our game has a **searches buzzwords.com** 'strong, independent female lead character' WITH AMAZING TITS!!!!! OMG **drool** **drool** Crazy nextgenhighpolyTITS. THEY'RE SO FUCKING BIG and ROUND!! Dude, JD is a seriously kick-ass female woman heroine gyrrl rolemodel who can suck a golf-ball through a garden hose when she's not too busty busy feasting on a hot cock sandwich! OH YEAH, Dude."

The only good thing about that system is that you can immediately tell that a game is going to be complete shit when you see it used.

So be it known and make no mistake: The game WILL suck.

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]; Gort Grimley [W/Ne]
This comment was edited on Sep 26, 17:52.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

11. PDZ Sep 26, 2005, 16:53 Creston

We suggest you to pay attention to Joanna’s animation, the size of the city and viewing distance.

Well, the animation of her climbing the ladder looked pretty damn awful to me. The size of the city, woohoo, we saw three different towers that she could travel to with some cable, and the viewing distance was kinda hard to make out on shakycam.

Coupled that with the incredibly slow turn rate, the slow reload on weapons, the very mediocre graphics, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is what I should buy a next gen console for?

I know that the early games never look all that great on new consoles, and it generally takes a few years for devs to fully start utilizing potential, but PDZ is being hyped as this shooter to end all shooters. From what I saw, I was pretty seriously underwhelmed.

I guess the fact that Joanna Dark is on the cover of FHM is supposed to make me want the game more, or something?

Just meh.

Creston

10. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 16:43 Engelwood

It is worth clarifying that in this debug build many physics were turned off as well as the enemy AI. We suggest you to pay attention to Joanna’s animation, the size of the city and viewing distance.
Learn how to read.

9. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 14:52 Ihya

When is Z not cranky???

That PDZ movie does show some terrible ragdoll effects.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 14:53.

8. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 14:38 MMORPGHoD

Z, you seem a bit cranky lately...

Eh, he's probably just tired of watching the inescapable flame the game fest. It's just the way the world works.

I just pre-ordered PDZ to pick up along with some other titles and my 360, because it's one of the few titles with coop support. Rag dolly parts flinging around everywhere? OK cool, but I want to see some side by side console action.

Edit: clarified quote being responded to after noticing someone had posted earlier, with their own clarification quotes as well......

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 14:39.

7. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 14:35 Geese

MR LOLICON - but it's hardly how a real body would react to getting shot.

Right. Most real bodies reaction to being shot is something like "F%^K this! I'm outta here!"

NITEX - It has some of the most retarded rag doll animations on any FPS game I have ever seen.
Ehh..the physics are over the top, but that's hardly unexpeced. People doing 3 backflips after getting kicked in a kung-fu movie isn't realistic either, but it's fun to watch. If that isn't your cup of tea, no worries. It's odd though, that you would use one aspect of a game you don't like as a measuring tool for whether or not you're going to buy the system. Sounds a little like you are reaching for reasons to pummel it.

EDIT - clarified who said what quotes

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 14:37.

Spread the O&A Virus on XM Radio Channel 202
http://www.opieandanthony.com
http://www.xmradio.com

6. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 13:52 nin

Z, you seem a bit cranky lately...

<ducks >

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Tolyl Nor, lvl 20 E/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 13 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 13:50 Masa

It has some of the most retarded rag doll animations on any FPS game I have ever seen.

Yeah, I never was quite sure why the whole ragdoll effect came about. I mean, it's a neat physics effect, but it's hardly how a real body would react to getting shot. I guess it's not suppose to be completely realistic in games, but sometimes it just gets plain silly. Chuck a body in Deus Ex IW and you can get some crazy stuff going on.

4. Re: Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 13:15 Zathrus

This game is just another good reason why I will not be buying a 360

Because, of course, if you buy a 360 you're not only forced to buy this game, but you're also forced to play it!

What an inane statement.

If you don't like the game, fine. That has no bearing on whether or not the underlying hardware is any good. Or are you going to refuse to buy any hardware unless all the software for it is top notch? Well, at least then you'll save a lot of money.

3. Perfect Dark Zero clips Sep 26, 2005, 13:05 NiteX

PDZ was very unimpressive. It has some of the most retarded rag doll animations on any FPS game I have ever seen. This game is just another good reason why I will not be buying a 360.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 13:05.

2. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2005, 12:25 Masa

lol...I got Top Spin as a bonus with my Xbox. It was dualed on one disc with NCAA Football 2004 (or some such title). Enjoyed it, but got kind of frustrated with the sudden "kicking ass kicking ass kicking ass kicking ass, suddenly getting my ass kicked." Then I just haven't went back.

edit - i need to learn to spell.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 12:25.

1. No subject Sep 26, 2005, 12:01 nightfend

The first topspin was okay, but that horrible elevator music they had in the first game has got to go! Yeesh. Spend some extra bucks and get good music. Also, the load times on the game were a killer. I hope this isn't the case with the new version.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo