Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mac DOOM 3 Demo

Mac Game Files now offers downloads of a playable demo for DOOM 3 on the Macintosh. Word is: "Download the DOOM 3 demo to begin your assignment at the UAC Mars research facility. Explore and battle through the first chapter. Includes 3 levels." The download is mirrored on 3D Gamers and FileFront.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. DungeonDoom Sep 22, 2005, 21:39 Cheese

A little mod called DungeonDoom almost restored my faith in this completley, I really am impressed with the proffesional quality that went into this mod, Not only is it just as tense as Doom but its better in every way cause it has its own feel to it and its a FPS RPG which are my two fav game types.

Its one thing mowing down monsters repeatedly but a whole new game when you develop your character traits and get to use magic which is also upgradable. And the dungeon layout can be 20 to 100 levels deep.

I used to play Nethack and a game called Rouge and I must tip my hat to the developers on this one. Only thing I find at fault here are the dungeons need more texture variations and the keys take a little getting use to. but otherwise get my vote right up there with some of the best Unreal mods or Halflife mods to date.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 19:38 Cochonou

They rank next to Derek Smart PhD jokes as worst jokes ever.

9. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 19:04 Zadillo

Are one-button mouse jokes STILL considered funny? Or were they never funny? I can't tell......

8. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 18:16 Warhawk

Seeing as how the mice only have one button, you have to cut out some of the less essential stuff, like shooting. In fact, they removed the monsters to make it playable on Macs. You just wander around in the dark peeing yourself because you think the monsters are going to get you and you know you can't shoot back.

*** Warhawk ***

What's the plan?

Rescue the damsel in distress, kill the bad guy, save the world.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

7. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 17:49 zincthallinide

I'm surprised that you're surprised. But thanks for letting me know.

6. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 16:47  famished 

Doom 3 and Macintosh in one story. I'm surpised there isn't more bashing.

Yet.

5. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 15:33 MMORPGHoD

I didn't even have to use the flashlight that much. I just used the suggested gamma tweaks.

4. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 15:10 nin

I liked having to switch back and forth, made the game more tense. I didn't particualry like the game, but that wasn't one of the things that bugged me.

I hated it...it was like the entire game was based on two gimmicks: A, the flashlight swap, and B, the monster closet.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 15:05 Cabezone

I liked having to switch back and forth, made the game more tense. I didn't particualry like the game, but that wasn't one of the things that bugged me.

"We're not the same, I'm an American, you're a sick a--hole." - William 'D-Fens' Foster
This comment was edited on Sep 22, 15:06.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

2. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2005, 12:50 nin

Steve Jobs will play this on his GeForce 3!

See, in the Mac version of Doom3, the flashlight comes attached to the gun, since it's a lot simpler than fumbling back and forth between the two, like PC users have to.

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. No subject Sep 22, 2005, 12:47 Elf Shot The Food

Steve Jobs will play this on his GeForce 3!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo