Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Dawn of War: Winter Assault & GotY Ship

The 41st Millennium Forces Are at Your Command Dawn of War Winter Assault(TM) and Dawn of War Game of the Year Edition(TM) Ship Today Exclusively for Windows PC (thanks Frans) is the press release announcing the availability of both the Winter Assault expansion for Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War as well as the Game of the Year edition of Relic's RTS game:

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., Sept. 21 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI - News) today announced Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault(TM), the highly anticipated expansion pack to the real-time strategy game of the year, and Dawn of War: Game of the Year Edition(TM) have shipped to retail outlets in North America. Developed by THQ's Relic Entertainment, the Dawn of War series is available exclusively for Windows PC; both games retail for $29.99.

Dawn of War: Winter Assault features the Imperial Guard, an all-new race with which to dominate your opponents. In addition, new units are included for all four original races providing the ultimate combat experience. Players can choose to battle through an all-new, single-player campaign or wage war online against their friends with strategically enhanced multiplayer gameplay in 20 new maps.

Building on the momentum from 2004's RTS Game of the Year, the Dawn of War: Game of the Year edition features eight new multiplayer maps, a collectible concept art book detailing the new units in Dawn of War: Winter Assault and a $5 rebate off the purchase of the expansion pack.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 22, 2005, 15:53 Ray Marden

Suck it, Creston!

Fahrenheit is mine, 09-27-05 pre-order date listing be damned!
Neener, neener, neener! Nyah yah!
Off to install,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. No subject Sep 21, 2005, 23:19 StreetPreacher

Wish we had a more exciting race than IG, but looking forward to it just the same. Also too bad I think it'll break most mods (I know 1.4 does).

And Relic: How about some native widescreen resolutions, huh? The 90's are over. In fact, send that out to ALL devs.

Anyone know what the new SM units are? I think I saw a Chaplain in some screenshots...

26. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 18:51 Creston

Oklahoma?

This explains so much, Creston...

But...but...it's not my fault. Really it isn't... Please say you still like me?

Yeah it seems there is a definite distribution issue going on this week. I checked DoW's forums, and the devs themselves had been saying the 19th all along, and now it's the 22nd. I called four gamestores today, and they all said "We expected it today, but no go. Hopefully tomorrow."

BAH

Creston

25. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 18:04 DDI

I called Ebgames and they said shipping problem won't be out till Friday, Thursday if lucky

Oh yea I'm Wash DC area

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 18:05.

24. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 17:47 Ray Marden

Oklahoma?

This explains so much, Creston...

But anyway, WTF is going on this week? That is the third game that should have shipped out Tuesday and been in stores today that is being pushed back until Thursday/Friday.

AND DAMN YOU ALL FOR HAVING FAHRENHEITH/INDIGO PROPHECY BE ONE OF THEM!11111111
Woe is me! No polygonal pr0n!
Thinking even the (crapp) east cost is better than middle America ;P,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

23. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 16:43 Creston

This is 2005, Prez, get with the program already

Creston

22. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 16:31 Prez

FuckVille, Fucklahoma?

Maybe I'm getting old, but I miss the old days when a simple "fuck" would do.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 16:26 Creston

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

FuckVille, Fucklahoma STILL doesn't have the fucking game in stores.....

Creston

20. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 15:21 Creston

Spume, note that the GOTY edition does NOT have the expansion pack included, AFAIK. So if you're wanting to buy one of those 2 for 1 sets, you'll probably have to wait a bit.

Creston

19. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:57 Awesome Spume

Jesus, the positive energy is infectious. Makes a change on here. Gonna get the GOTY edition I think. I only had the original on loan.

-----------------------------
Northern Ireland 1 England 0

18. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:54 Creston

The number of levels is not always a good indicator of length, as the time to complete them can vary wildly.

Agreed, although I will say that most of the levels in the original were pretty lengthy (apart from the first two which were almost tutorials). And Relic says they increased the complexity of the levels, ie more to do, more objectives etc.

Oh well, this will tide me over nicely till B&W 2

Creston

17. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:38 Jow

I just called Gamestop, who apparently got it in today. Their last copy has my name on it and I'm out the door after typing this to check it out.

Woop, sayeth I.

16. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:27 Prez

Creston: Yeah, I was talking $30 as full-priced. For ten SP levels, I'll probably wait until it's $20.

The number of levels is not always a good indicator of length, as the time to complete them can vary wildly.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. DOH Sep 21, 2005, 14:18 Tumbler

Ebgames local store reports they won't get this until tommorrow. Hopying they are wrong and it shows up today... Fry's said they should have it on the shelves by 4pm but who knows.

BF2 Fanboy and Valve Hater.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

14. Re: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:11 Creston

I'm going to wait for a report on single player game length before I decide if I'm going to pay full price for the game

Two times five missions, with some maps being reused for some of the missions (annoying, since every preview had said two times SIX Missions. Might not seem like a big deal, but 12 or 10 missions in total is a pretty big difference in my book.)

And ofcourse, you get to play four different factions, each of whom have different objectives in certain missions, so it should definitely be replayable.

Also, it's not full price, it's 30 bucks. Which is hefty for an expansion pack, but not as brutal as Id's 35 bucks for their 9 hour Doom 3 expansion...

Creston

13. YES!!!!!!!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:08 Prez

I'm going to wait for a report on single player game length before I decide if I'm going to pay full price for the game. Definitely going to get it eventually, though. DoW was fantastic!

- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: YES FUCKDAMMIT!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 14:06 DDI

I did that too and it irked me to no end. I went to the local EBgames for the first time in years, I was embarressed to be there.. whole place is yellow nasty pre owned crap.

I usually buy PC games from Best Buy.

11. NOOO!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 13:32 Old Number 7

Where did I put all my moneys at!!!!

10. Re: YES FUCKDAMMIT!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 13:30 Creston

I get out of work at 2 and have tomorrow off

You don't deserve it!!!!

Creston

9. Re: YES FUCKDAMMIT!!!!! Sep 21, 2005, 13:27 Jow

I'm really hoping this shows up in my area today - I get out of work at 2 and have tomorrow off.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo