Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Something the recent hurricane Katrina-related disasters has brought into focus for us is how ill-prepared we were to deal with even the smallest disruption in the normal flow of support and services around here. Realizing there is some sort of middle-ground between full-out survivalism and complete apathy, I have picked us up some freeze-dried food and similar essentials to make us a bit-more temporarily self-reliant should the need arise. Hopefully it will never be necessary... besides, it could also come in handy should we ever decide to scale Mount Everest.

Freeze-Dried Links: Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play Time: SUPER MARYO WORLD. Holy schmoly!
Links: Beedogs. Thanks Hump.
Stories: U.S. forces in Afghanistan remember September 11.
In Storm's Ruins, a Rush to Rebuild and Reopen for Business (registration required).
Gimme another shot of this beer...
Science: Bats may have been source of SARS: study.
Scientist disproves town's strange luck.
An Experiment in A New Kind of Music.
Follow-up: Hubble Future Is Cloudier After Katrina.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Enahs Sep 12, 2005, 09:11 Enahs

(Enahs, I think you've hurt Mr. Wrasslin' feelings...)

No, he is right. I know I am so damn fine and sexy…such an amazing piece of ass, if I was to flirt with this girl there is absolutely no way she could resist my wicked ways. It is not at all possible that she would have had a system of some kind of signal to her friends to “come rescue her” from something that happens all the time.

No, I must be lying or else I would be banging her right now! Thank your Mr.Potato Head. Knowing you have so much confidence in my raw animal magnetism truly inspires me.

That's not a toy! “ –Frylock, “You say that about everything you own. You should own toys. They're fun.” –MasterShake.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Enahs Sep 12, 2005, 08:55 nin

You clearly don't know Enahs...from his post history, he's a health nut.

(Enahs, I think you've hurt Mr. Wrasslin' feelings...)

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Enahs Sep 12, 2005, 05:22 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

Enahs, you're one of the biggest little lying sacks of shit I've ever seen on the net, hilarious.
Wake up and get a real life already, really.
Sometimes it's almost amusing watching some pimply faced little net nerd like Enahs, but this wasn't one of those times. We knew you were full of shit right off, as soon as you said you were at a gym.

ps: flirting with with stacey in a wwf video game don't count as reality.
(yes, wwf, I don't give a damn if they renamed it to wwe, it's still wwf)

30. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 20:57 Zathrus

But it sure beats learning German

Bah. I took 3 years of German in HS.

Of course, I remember virtually none of it... I can read some, but not much. And my most vivid memory is debating with the teacher over the pointlessness of knowing how to say "Do you speak English?" in German.

29. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 16:07 Enahs

I was busy avoiding you.

You little punk!

That's just weird!

Yeah, it seemed odd to me. But it sure beats learning German. All I need to know in German is how to pronounce my favorite sausages and I am good.

That's not a toy! “ –Frylock, “You say that about everything you own. You should own toys. They're fun.” –MasterShake.

- W. C. Fields

28. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 13:16 Tango

My vote is for "girls responding favorably to confidence"
Ditto. And the ability to fake said confidence.

27. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 12:05 Gen. Hospital

my vote is for the "humoring a fan" explanation - unless you have some kind of secret mojo goin on

My vote is for "girls responding favorably to confidence"

26. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 11:58 xXBatmanXx

Halsy, you in WI?

I am in MN, and I think Favre is a tool, but good luck this year anyway. I am sure the vikes will fare no better than 8-8.

Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a BAT gets all of my press?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 09:50 Zathrus

I did not see you around

I was busy avoiding you.

t is an odd satisfaction producing nice code

Yes it is. Enjoy it while in class -- nice code nearly never occurs in the real world (or, rather, it starts off nice and then goes to hell as you patch bugs, fix performance problems, and add features that were never anticipated in the first place and deeply break underlying concepts).

they apparently teach a 3D programming class here

Yeah, my school had an entire Graphics specialization (of course, we also have GVU, which is a fairly sizeable graphics research center). I took the first course which was more than enough for me. It wasn't so much 3D Programming as it was the concepts and underlying algorithms behind 3D. How to determine if a line intersects a plane, how to implement a Z buffer, etc.

it just so happens to also satisfy my foreign language requirement

That's just weird!

so I can do nothing tomorrow

Always a solid plan!

24. Re: Beedawgs! Sep 11, 2005, 09:01 Ant

Cynips: Or bumble bees.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

23. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 03:18 Halsy

BUT PREPARE FOR FOOTBALL SUNDAY!!!!!

Fuckin A, bubba! I'm a happy camper now that football is back. Go packers and fuck all you clowns who don't love the pack.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

22. No subject Sep 11, 2005, 03:07 xXBatmanXx

BUT PREPARE FOR FOOTBALL SUNDAY!!!!!

I am going to go catch the Tram down to the metro-toilet, I mean Metrodome, and tailgate before the game today, and then head back home on the tram and watch the game at home.

Free beer and food from them schmucks going to the game, and it will save me $100.00!!!! hehehehe

Go VI-QUEENS.

"Yea, she goes once in a while"

Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a BAT gets all of my press?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

21. No subject Sep 11, 2005, 03:05 xXBatmanXx

really slow day then eh?

And thanks Boldoza....I got Ordinary Decent Criminal in the mail today from Blockbuster. Killer movie.

20. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 02:25 The Half Elf

Ugh nin, ugh.

I bet ya money if WW3 happens, The Artic is gonna be prime time land to buy.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 01:32 nin

Not to derail things, but holy shit!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/10/AR2005091001053_pf.html

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2005, 00:07 Enahs

And, ya know, there are some C++ coders here too

Yeah, I knew you are one, but I did not see you around. Mostly tonight I have been reading other peoples problems/solutions (@ www.cprogramming.com) and searching the internet like crazy for solutions to my own. I try and work out everything on my own before I ask for help, but it does help me seeing other people problems and solutions.

I must say, I do seem to be picking it up pretty well. Last semester my teacher asked me like 5 times in front of the class if I was sure I did not want to change to a CS major. I submitted my assignment a little over an hour ago, and my teacher has already responded saying “it looks beautiful”. I will also point out it works properly too!

It is an odd satisfaction producing nice code. Some fellow classmates where talking, and it was news to me, but they apparently teach a 3D programming class here. It is either OpenGL or Direct3D (depending on who is teaching) I think I will take it next semester for fun!

I am taking Programming I and II, because I always wanted to know how to program but never go around to doing it. I still would not have gotten around to doing it, but it just so happens to also satisfy my foreign language requirement.

Since I am on such a roll tonight, I am now off to finish my lab report so I can do nothing tomorrow!

- W. C. Fields

17. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 23:22 Zathrus

I have spent way more time tonight posting on a C++ message board than here.

What board?

And, ya know, there are some C++ coders here too

16. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 23:09 Enahs

I can tell... mostly by the way you're spending your Saturday night posting on Blue's News and all.

Well, I am a broke ass out of work college student living off savings, student loans and scholarship. Not exactly prime relationship material right now. It’s easy for me to get em….it is just hard to keep em! But it does not matter, at my age and status in life I am not looking for or even try to acquire an emotional relationship anyway, just something for ‘fun’.

Besides, I am still a total nerd who likes to play his video games, watch his sci-fi and study his school work so he gets good grades (so I can keep my scholarship mostly).

But mostly I am here at home working on this huge programming assignment I “forgot” to work on all week that is due Monday. I have spent way more time tonight posting on a C++ message board than here. Thank god for the real socially inept nerds that never have anything social to do...tonight is the prime night for me to get free help!Procrastinating will get you everywhere in life!!!! *cough*

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 23:12.

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 22:58 WarPig

Not to sound like I am bragging or full of my self or anything...but I do incredibly well with women…really hot women too no less.

I can tell... mostly by the way you're spending your Saturday night posting on Blue's News and all.

-------------------------------------------------------
WarPig (the other white meat)

GO SEAHAWKS!

14. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2005, 21:46 Enahs

my vote is for the "humoring a fan" explanation

I have no doubt it was the humoring a fan/being nice thing. As if she does not live around here I highly doubt she would even try and strike up a relationship with somebody living in Arkansas.

unless you have some kind of secret mojo goin on
Not to sound like I am bragging or full of my self or anything...but I do incredibly well with women…really hot women too no less.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 21:50.

- W. C. Fields

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo