Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, everybody is fed and dressed and ready to start their day here. We had a minor babysitting victory with the Smurfs this morning, when we managed a break from routine to have breakfast that did not include my world-famous pancakes. The French Toast I whipped up turned out to be equally successful, so we now have another option to offer in the future. This is actually simply because they are just as good a vehicle for syrup as the pancakes, so I'm not getting too puffed up over my cooking skills. I'm guessing stale bread would go over fine too, were it dipped in enough syrup.

Syrupy Links: Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Stories: Dutch authorities investigate "Big Brother" baby.
Farmer May Have Caught Legendary 'Chupacabra'. Like the FBI "caught" Dillinger.
Chupacabra Captured In Texas!? Instant follow-up. Thanks Jim.
Science! Mich. County Uses Black Boxes for Drivers.
A Master of Making Old Tunes New Again (registration required).
Auction: Infocom Zork Classic. Thanks Meatman.
Follow-ups: Rules to Warm Detroit's Heart (registration required).

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. UUUUMMMMM.... Aug 28, 2005, 12:18 Killer Kane

Dont you mean "freedom toast"

"Women....you can't live with em......hey , pass the beer nuts"

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Update on Movie thingie... Aug 28, 2005, 04:26 Pugio

Thanks for the credit, Batman

I was wondering if you were still reading that thread or not, luckily you were. I'm usually about 6 hours off on the updates, living in the Netherlands and all.

Anyway, glad to be of service.

"Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?"

www.cthulhu.org

--------------------

"Pulvis es et in pulverem reverteris"

24. Re: Chupacabra Aug 28, 2005, 02:12 Apathy Curve

I got a pretty good idea what the animal is in that photo - it looks a lot like a feral dog with an advanced case of Sarna (scabies)

Precisely.

23. coming soon Aug 27, 2005, 22:18 space captain

Oblivion.

Go forth, and kill!

22. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2005, 20:12 JoeCool

I own GW and played it for a bit but I really didn't get into it very much. I kinda liked WoW and EQ2 more.

21. Re: No subject Aug 27, 2005, 19:52 Prez

I think it's just the customary lull. With Fear, Civ 4, and B&W2(fingers crossed), I think some big games will be here soon.

And don't forget STALKER and Duke Nukem Forever!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. No subject Aug 27, 2005, 19:19 Hump

I agree, 2005 has been kinda crappy so far. We are coming off of one of the best years though (2004) so can't complain too much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

19. Re: 2005 the year of crappy games Aug 27, 2005, 19:16 MeatForce

Anyone else agree with me and think that 2005 so far at least has been the worst year for gaming in a while? The only thing that people really wanted was BF2. It reminds me of hollywoods' stinker summer this year.

Guild Wars.

Was just gonna say! I've gotten a year's worth of gaming out of that one title and then some

-----
GW: Tashen Boke [R/Me]; Rosti The Ninja [Mo/R]

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

18. Re: Syrup? Aug 27, 2005, 18:49 Sarcasmo

3 words Blue: Chocolate Chip Pancakes.

They'll sing your name in the streets.

17. Re: 2005 the year of crappy games Aug 27, 2005, 18:07 Bucky

Anyone else agree with me and think that 2005 so far at least has been the worst year for gaming in a while? The only thing that people really wanted was BF2. It reminds me of hollywoods' stinker summer this year.

Guild Wars. Darwinia. Guild Wars.

I hear Space Rangers 2 is really, really good, it should be here Tuesday.

Edit: tpyo
---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Alia Arjel Mo/N
This comment was edited on Aug 27, 18:07.

16. Update on Movie thingie... Aug 27, 2005, 17:36 xXBatmanXx

Balrog is the man.
The movie is, "Ordinary Decent Criminal".

I just wanted to make sure everyone knew he is the movie man.

Batman... Batman... Can somebody tell me what kind of a world we live in, where a man dressed up as a BAT gets all of my press?

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

15. Re: 2005 the year of crappy games Aug 27, 2005, 17:19 TorTorden

Yea it's been rather slow, but here's to hoping something might popup during the fall. I'm hoping F.E.A.R can provide some entertainment. I'm also heavily thinking about picking up guild wars, but with money being amazingly thight for me at the moment, I'm still holding on it. Besides RPG's have a nasty tendency to become incredibly addictive to me.
Even E3 was rather slow this year imo.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar for a profession.
This comment was edited on Aug 27, 17:20.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

14. Re: 2005 the year of crappy games Aug 27, 2005, 17:11 Xenos Overdrive

Anyone else agree with me and think that 2005 so far at least has been the worst year for gaming in a while?

Yeah...the year's not over yet though. Quake 4 and CoD 2 are coming out this year....well, CoD2 is slated for this year anyway. Those two will make it all up for me!

13. 2005 the year of crappy games Aug 27, 2005, 16:35 JoeCool

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 16:36.

12. Re: Syrup? Aug 27, 2005, 15:17 Halsy

Did you mix cinnamon AND nutmeg into the egg batter, Blue? It's very important that you do.

If the kids are getting out of hand, just slip them a few goofballs. Works for me!

Did you ever see the new Ladykillers?

Waffle Hut Waitress: Have you all decided?

Professor G.H. Dorr: Madam, we must have waffles! We must all have waffles forthwith! We must all think, and we must all have waffles, and think each and every one of us to the very best of his ability...

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer
This comment was edited on Aug 27, 15:19.

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

11. Chupacabra Aug 27, 2005, 14:52 sauron

What he found in his trap was a mix between a hairless dog, a rat and a kangaroo.

I got a pretty good idea what the animal is in that photo - it looks a lot like a feral dog with an advanced case of Sarna (scabies). Pretty common to see cases like that down in areas where you get a lot of dogs running wild, I've seen several that looked very similar.

If you ever see a hairless dog that scratches an awful lot, just walk away - the disease is fully transmissible to humans (although easily curable, thank goodness).

This comment was edited on Aug 27, 14:52.

Kittens!

10. Re: Refined Sugar Aug 27, 2005, 14:39 Awesome Spume

(Arnold Schwarzenegger referred to white sugar as "white death" back in his competititive days).

So did Atkins in his book. Quite possibly one was quoting the other. I know who my money's on.

Anyway:

What he found in his trap was a mix between a hairless dog, a rat and a kangaroo.

Wonder if they were filming a new series of The Simple Life in the area...

Now THAT'S funny.

9. Refined Sugar Aug 27, 2005, 14:11 Hump

refined sugar (and especially high fructose syrup) is not nearly as healthy as the natural sugars found in plants and fruits

Theres a physically addictive aspect to refined suggar as well. I started grabbing a candy bar, milk duds etc after work for my evening snack on a nightly basis. I started gaining weight but when I tried to knock off the sweets it became a monumental effort to stop. The craving would literally wake me up at night if i didn't take in enough sugar before bedtime. Worse than trying to quite coffee but somewhat less than nicotine it took me a LONG time to wean myself down. I ate (as Space Captain said) fruits, unsweetened juices etc. and eventually got myself back to normal. Since then I've talk to others who have had similar experiences (mostly all middle aged like myself). Nasty stuff if not used in moderation (Arnold Schwarzenegger referred to white sugar as "white death" back in his competititive days).

-H

Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Chupacabra?? Aug 27, 2005, 14:00 Ihya

A Texas farmer may have found what some would call a "chupacabra," a legendary animal known for sucking the blood out of goats.

Wonder if they were filming a new series of The Simple Life in the area...

7. No subject Aug 27, 2005, 13:28 space captain

sugar is essential for proper brain function - thats why it tastes so good... however, refined sugar (and especially high fructose syrup) is not nearly as healthy as the natural sugars found in plants and fruits

Go forth, and kill!

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo