Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue and I have discovered another great new show in the vast wasteland of television. The show is an FX original called It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, a sitcom about a group of twenty-somethings running a bar in Philly. Topics have included taboos like underage drinking, racism, and even someone pretending they had cancer to score with a girl. If it all sounds politically correct, then I have failed to convey things properly, because it's about as irreverent as anything I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

R.I.P.: Actor Brock Peters dies at 78.

Sunny Links: Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.
Play Time: Storm The House.
Stories: Shoplifters focus of Riverdale hunt. Thanks Hump. Archie? Jughead?
For sale: Trailer w-ocean vu, $1 million obo. Thanks Maimas.
U.S. proposes improving gas mileage for SUVs.
Science! A Bauble for Bobbling Ballplayers.
Antarctic ozone hole grows from last year-WMO.
The struggle over science.
Media: The worlds smallest man.
Kid Falls Into A Fountain. ImaybetotallywrongbutI'ma...
Auctions: eBay Lifesaver Gummi Shaped like USA predicts the Future.
Follow-ups: Scientist Quits Global Warming Panel.
Teh Funny: Dr. Fun.

View
78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

78. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 04:30 Gen. Hospital

If you who cut off my kitten's mustache happen to read this:

You better start practicing running, 'cause if I catch you, you'll get a good kicking.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 04:52.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

77. Re: No subject Aug 25, 2005, 03:31 Tango

Yeah, you are right.

On the movie quote, that is.
Heh.

76. 4 Sale: Trailer w/ocean vu, $1 million Aug 24, 2005, 21:41 FourPak

that article's just depressing.

paid $1.05 million.
For that, they got a trailer, built in 1971, without any land.
plus they pay space rent, which for comparable areas runs $800-$2500/month

i swear, a life of crime rippin off these people with too much money looks better every day.

75. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 19:21 Ray Marden

This was the high end for sure, but I spotted my first $3.00/gallon rate when driving back Monday.
Watching CNBC is always depressing...
Exactly what I wanted to see before a three and a half-hour drive.

Noting it is primarily all about $$$,
Ray

-----
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

74. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 18:09 Bucky

(I guess I'm not hardcore enough that i'd choose GW over beer and beef)

If you had we would have had to have a chat about the finer points of Beer and beef, with most of the chatting involving me looking at you like you'd just lost your mind.

Though my time playing the game says otherwise, I don't consider myself hardcore. I prefer video games to TV, and I'm all out of good books at the moment.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Alia Arjel Mo/N

73. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 17:57 jrbatche

Thanks Bucky, but I won't be on much if at all tonight, I'm going off to bbq at a friends house in a matter of minutes (I guess I'm not hardcore enough that i'd choose GW over beer and beef). I hope to be on for an extended session tomorrow night, I'll probably fly solo for a while to get the hang of the game. i'll throw my GW name in the OOTB tommorrow.

72. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:56 Gen. Hospital

Or better yet.... they could actually exercise!

Yeah... The ten pounds or so I'm dragging around that I really shouldn't are proving hard to lose, but when you're like 150+ pounds over your ideal weight, it takes active maintanence to _stay_ that way...

71. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:43 Warhawk

I'm sure I'm way behind the times here

Yeah, you are right.

On the movie quote, that is.

*** Warhawk ***

I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't feel bad.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

70. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:41 The Half Elf

THIS IS WHY YOU NEVER TELL A WOMEN THEY LOOK FAT! As my lady friend from COH once said 'Yeah that's one of those questions my husband avoids cause it's a Time bomb waiting to happen'. And her husband works for FEMA, he knows a disaster when he see's one!
It's like the fat kids sueing McDonalds. Cause ya know that Crazy Clown of theirs, broke into their homes and fore fed the girls happy meals against their wills! I mean fer christ sake look at Jerrad. The man ate crappy subways and lost the weight, and there is better tasting food out there that can produce the same affects. Or better yet.... they could actually exercise!
And Ray dont fall for nin's and Crestons brainwashing... it's an evil jedi mind trick... be strong, resist!
Maybe we need to get Ray a Mac so he can only play a few select games like.... um.... Marathon?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

69. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:22 Tango

I'm sure I'm way behind the times here, but SWST:Sin City??

68. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:21 Warhawk

How is this for funny:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,166658,00.html

Obese Woman Angry That Doctor Advised Weight Loss

What is this world coming to?

*** Warhawk ***

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

67. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:20 Quboid

Anyone that doesn't buy petrol in a supermarket in the UK is an idiot. Gotta love them pricewars...

You wouldn't be saying that if you lived where I live, in Northern Ireland right beside the border. We can drive about 2 miles and fill up in the Republic for about 20p/litre less than in the North, even at the nearest Tesco pump. It's legal too, as long as it's only your vehicle's tank and you're not syphoning it off and reselling it.

When the petrol taxes changed about 5 years ago and the Republic became cheaper than the UK, there was a migration of about 6 different petrols stations at each of the main roads across the border closing down their border (UK side) operation and opening a new shop on the RoI side just a few hundred yards away. I'd say there's now about 1/10 of the number of petrol stations in Derry than there was 10 years ago, and they only get business from people so in need of fuel that they can't reach the border so they get a fiver's worth, or a few die-hard Unionists (read: morons) that feel it's their duty to buy in the North.

Quboid
This comment was edited on Aug 24, 17:22.

- Quboid

66. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 17:19 Warhawk

Gas prices in New Jersey are below average (thankfully).

Regular unleaded by me is $2.60 per gallon

Here in northern CA that is about the lowest you could find. Most places are running a higher than that....

*** Warhawk ***

65. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 17:07 nin

Or half the warriors (or just nin) are intoxicated.

Well, yeah...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

64. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 17:05 xXBatmanXx

(nin's aggro tactics aside )

Hey, it's not a good raid unless half the party or more dies...

Or half the warriors (or just nin) are intoxicated.

Hello.....my name is Batman.....and I use RMB as Forward

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

63. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 17:03 nin

(nin's aggro tactics aside )

Hey, it's not a good raid unless half the party or more dies...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

Don't look at me that way. It was An Honest Mistake. http://www.thebravery.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

62. Re: Guild Wars Aug 24, 2005, 16:59 Bucky

How do the guilds work in this game? As a longtime lurker (and very infrequent poster), it'd be pretty good to latch onto the Blue's guild once I get out of the newb zone, as everyone seems to have the right attitude about the whole deal and it's a great community (as we all know). See y'all online...

Basically the guild exists to help people out and make it easier to find good players. We tend to help each other out on hard quests, pass good loot on that we don't need and of course it's nice to have a list of people that you know don't act like total asshats. (nin's aggro tactics aside ;P)

I've got a character in the newb zone right now, don't know if he'll be there or not after tonight (depends on if I play him or my primary). As always, send a whisper if you want a hand.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Alia Arjel Mo/N

61. Re: No subject Aug 24, 2005, 16:55 kanniballl

how much are you euro people paying for gas (do you still call it petrol?) these days?

Gas prices in New Jersey are below average (thankfully).

Regular unleaded by me is $2.60 per gallon

That translates to 2.13 EUR per gallon
or
0.56 EUR per liter

Face it, compared to Europe we're practically giving the stuff away.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

60. Re: gas mileage Aug 24, 2005, 16:50 kanniballl

Kanniballl ... The Mini Cooper...

I don't mind the look...

But unfortunately, it's not the height that's the problem

I'm big. I accept that. It's just a pain finding a car I can fit.

-Fry, Futurmama
This comment was edited on Aug 24, 16:51.

-Fry, Futurama

59. Re: Improving Gas Mileage for SUV's Aug 24, 2005, 16:43 Warhawk

Heh anyone here watch Top Gear (UK)? The F-150 was named their worst "car" ever. I forget what the main problems were, apparently the Mitsubishi L200 is among the best of the pickups.

I needed a full-size truck for work, don't like the GM truck offerings, and got a better deal on the Ford than the Dodge. Not many other affordable options for full-size trucks in 2002.

Actually, I love the thing. I have 73,500 miles on it (all by me) and average about 17.5 mpg (4.6 l V8, supercab, longbed, 2 WD with the tow package) with the cruise control set at 70 mph. Never have/had any problems with it (except for an oxygen sensor replaced under warranty) and drives like a champ. Still on the original tires!

Diesel is more expensive than regular here in CA (about $3.00/gal, IIRC).

I have a friend who is 6'6" (probably >310 lb) and fits well into his wife's New Beetle, for what it is worth.

Edit - and, since the company I work for gives me a vehicle allowance for having a truck (that covers the monthly truck payment) and I get a mileage reimbursement for business miles, it isn't hurting me all that much financially to own a "low" mileage vehicle right now.

*** Warhawk ***

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 16:51.

78 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo