Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

RF Online Announced

This Codemasters Press Release offers the official announcement of RF Online, the recently revealed (story) upcoming MMORPG that Codemasters plans to bring to western audiences early next year:

RF Online, one of the most successful massively multiplayer online games in the Far East, is crossing over to the west as Codemasters announces it has secured the exclusive US and UK rights to the hugely successful title.

RF Online (Rising Force Online) was created by and licensed from MMO publishers CCR, Inc. of South Korea. RF Online delivers a supremely rich gaming experience that has already attracted over 1 million players in the Far East since its launch last year.

With stunning in-game visuals and jaw-dropping character and environment detail, RF Online is an incredible next generation MMO game. It features a unique blend of magical fantasy mixed with futuristic science-fiction action and sees players engaging in the most epic battles ever seen in a MMO role-playing game.

RF Online will launch in Q1 2006 and will be published and operated in the US and the UK by Codemasters Online Gaming, the company’s recently formed online entertainment division.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 19:39 SizzleChest

Did anyone find any screenshots of this game?
The only ones I could find are here:
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=197&search_site_idx=14

This might be "stunning in-game visuals" if this was 1996.
http://www.inven.co.kr/board/upload/jukz_screenshot_cartoon/0805_3572.jpg

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 17:10 dubfanatic

Most asian games just won't fly here. I hate their cutesy, anime MOGs. The games may have the greatest depth of any game ever, but I simply can't stand looking at them.

agreed, the typical Korean game art style is just too anime-ish to gain critical acceptance in North America. it instantly brands the product as Korean. not to mention a lot of those developers don't even have real translators... anime nerds might like them but thankfully there aren't too many of them.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 17:10.

7. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 16:41 Halsy

Most asian games just won't fly here. I hate their cutesy, anime MOGs. The games may have the greatest depth of any game ever, but I simply can't stand looking at them.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

6. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 13:58 Parallax Abstraction

Codemasters cancelled Dragon Empires.

Yep, just before they appointed two of the guys instrumental in destroying Acclaim to their board of directors. And now they're doing this. Codemasters is next.

Parallax Abstraction
Founder of StateOfGaming.org - Coming Soon
Commentary & Discussion About the Video Game Industry and Its Future

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

5. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 13:19 Grounded

Hopefully I can play this one just as much and starve to death and flop over dead at the keyboard.

4. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 13:00 MMORPGHoD

Codemasters cancelled Dragon Empires.

3. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 12:18 Plink

"With stunning in-game visuals and jaw-dropping character and environment detail"

Because that's what's important!!

What ever happened to Dragon Empires?

2. Re: Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 11:59 Tumbler

Hmm, anything Sci-fi i'm willing to try. So nice to see something other than fantasy themed stuff.

Unpaid Employee and Fanboy of DICE and anything BF2.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

1. Just what we need! Aug 23, 2005, 11:54 Darsint

We're still all playing Lineage, now we'll have to find time to fit another wonderful Korean MMO into our game schedules!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo