Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

RF Online Revealed

Codemasters reveals plans to launch a new MMOG named RF Online "a visually breathtaking, exciting game that has a stunning mix of fantasy and science fiction." The Codemasters forum for the project is already online, revealing that the RF stands for "Rising force," and that an RF Website is online, though that's obviously not for the game's western audience. Here's a bit from the announcement:

You can play as one of three races - the Cora, a mystical, magical elf-like race, or as the Bellato, a race that have mastered engineering and as a result have built and can drive mechs! You can also play as the deadly Accretians, a race of robots that have incredible technology, futuristic weapons and driven by their desire for destruction and power.

Whatever race you choose know that war is never too far away and daily you can support your chosen faction in huge realm versus realm battles in order to win control over the precious resource mines on the planet.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: ... Aug 23, 2005, 04:10  Miker 

noob? an ingenious post if I do say so myself. A whole 3 secs of thought must have gone into that well thought out and well executed reply....kids eh?

I'm resisting stooping down to your level pgoeleven. Yes that was me resisting

All I'll say is, the game looks fantastic from first hand experience, and I base my comments on first hand facts. Oh and the fact that I work on the project adds an element of bias to my comment :p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. English! Aug 21, 2005, 12:30 Manga Mang

Site is slow, but you can read it.
Has Screenshots (53 of them), and a couple of movies.
Something about an open beta in oct too.
Check it --> http://www.levelupgames.ph/rf/downloads.php

11. Re: ... Aug 20, 2005, 21:30 Hellbinder

The screenshots on this page look pretty awesome.

http://rfonline.x2game.com/AboutRF/AboutRF/R3Engine.asp

Although what i really want is a full Blown PS online game world. With surface and dungeon crawls. Like PSO only on a much bigger more MMORPG scope.

The Whales name is Bob.

10. ... Aug 20, 2005, 20:21 pgoeleven

*dismisses Miker as a noob*

9. Re: stunning Aug 20, 2005, 18:20 asrof

I guess all Korean games have to have Lineage 2 models, not surprising really given the mass popularity of the game there.

The cinematics in these games are always top notch because theres a lot of cheap but high quality animation talent in Korea, many many shows you see in America (and I'm sure elsewhere) are animated in Korea.

If the games any good you can look forward to reports of people dying/killing because of it I guess. Personally I can't stand Lineage 2 and knowing most of these games are going to mimic it is not good.

8. Re: stunning Aug 20, 2005, 17:30 Yakumo

"RF online" is a korean game, lush cinematics, few bits of game footage i've seen have been pretty nice to (at least ffxi level if not better).

i guess they've bought this for english distribution and didn't care to mention it's heritage?

http://rfonline.x2game.com/

7. Re: Whoa Aug 20, 2005, 17:28  Miker 

Those are in-game screens

/shakes head with disappointment @ 5

6. Re: Whoa Aug 20, 2005, 16:50 Jaenos

That's probably because the graphics will look like pre-Diablo 1, hehehe.

5. Whoa Aug 20, 2005, 16:01 pgoeleven

Is this even intented for a western release? Seems to me like Codemasters wants in on the asian MMO action.

Typical though, all renders, no actual ingame screens to be found.

4. Re: No subject Aug 20, 2005, 15:56 waxthirteen

looks very much indeed like a PS rip off. i was about ready to say "oh boy, another MMORPG", but seeing that it's korean, well... maybe their market isn't as flooded? heh.

oh well, could be fun. i have yet to play a futuristic mmorpg that i actually enjoyed. not holding my breath, though.

3. No subject Aug 20, 2005, 15:46 space captain

sounds like a phantasy star rip-off

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: stunning Aug 20, 2005, 15:24 Ave

Hello Dragon Empires mkII

1. stunning Aug 20, 2005, 14:53 dubfanatic

a stunning mix of fantasy and science fiction.

Sounds like a stunning mix of every F/SF cliche the literary world has ever known! it's just like taking the books by every hack author in the world and turning it into a game! and it's an MMORPG! stunning!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo