Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Stats Server Glitch

The Battlefield 2 Website (thanks Frans) has word on a problem with the ranked stats server, along with the current outlook:

Please be advised that the stats processing server is currently offline and that we are looking into the issue and anticipate having it resolved by 2PM PT today.

Stats earned on WinOS servers will update correctly after the stats processing server comes back online. We are hearing reports that Linux servers are having additional problems and may be crashing after round end. We are looking into this issue.

[EA]Mike and the rest of the Battlefield team

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 12, 2005, 14:20 Shots

I use the registered version of Fraps (www.fraps.com). I think the freeware version lets you capture videos also, but only at half-size.  

56. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 12, 2005, 04:43 mOOzilla

Just shoot the tank once, when the driver gets out to save his own life, jump in and run him over.

Meep Meep

More fun things to do in BF2. Sit in the plane on the runway where u get ammo and repaird automatically and keep bombing. when on the ground They lurv it.

Taxi up and down the runway in the plane without takingoff While bombing at the same time on the ground.

"Stats earned on WinOS servers will update correctly after the stats processing server comes back online. We are hearing reports that Linux servers are having additional problems and may be crashing after round end. We are looking into this issue."

But isnt Linux more stable *G*

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 05:32.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 12, 2005, 00:04 xXBatmanXx

Shots, what pogram do you use to cap video?
I can't find the one I used in HL: Day of Defeat.

Hello.....my name is Batman.....and I use RMB as Forward

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

54. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 23:46 xXBatmanXx

I've just finished playing around with the AT class trying to destroy a tank with 2 rockets or less. Not possible.

Assuming the tank is full health:

Hitting the tank in the rear or from above will catch it on fire with 2 rockets but not destroy it. The small pause for fire before exploding gives the driver more than enough time to escape. If a third rocket hit it before the fire destroyed it it would certainly explode then.

HAHAHAHAHAHA HSO IT TAKES 2 TO DESTROY THE TANK!

OMFG I TOLD YOUUUUUU!

So what if they guy jumps out! Switch to gun and shoot his ass you lazy bastard! The point of AT is not to get kill with your rockets, it is to get rid of the FARKING TANK!

/edit: And better yet, he runs away, get someone to fix the damn tank and use it! Cue: Teamplay!

Hello.....my name is Batman.....and I use RMB as Forward
This comment was edited on Aug 11, 23:50.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

53. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2005, 23:42 Zathrus

the ROCKET LAUNCHERS are used like grenade launchers, the Grenade launchers are used like shotguns, the shotguns are barley used ITS A MESS

The RL are used that way because the AT guys have no other explosive weapons and their gun isn't all that great at all. Grenade launchers are one-shot kill and used that way -- it's really the Assault class's main strength. The shotguns get used rarely because they suck -- at more than about 10 yards you do jack for damage. I'm pretty good with the upgraded engineer one, but if someone sees me at a distance I'm dead -- there is absolutely nothing I can do against them.

our piddly mp5 or whatever really doesn't stand up against an m4

Uh, no, and it shouldn't. The MP5 isn't all that bad in single-shot mode though. It is one of the weaker guns, no doubt.

AT does need some help -- more missiles in base load out and adding grenades would help. The missiles should not do more damage though. I don't know where you get this wacky idea that man-portable AT missiles in real life kill tanks in one shot -- they don't unless you're insanely lucky. Not to mention that most of them require two people to move (one carries the launcher, one carries the ammo). Hit a modern tank (e.g. - M1A2 or M1A3) on the front and you're likely to just annoy it slightly, but not do any real damage.

Note that the AT class is deadly against transports and APCs. And they're pretty much the only portable anti-air -- although I think that needs to be fixed too.

As for taking out choppers -- the guns on the transports are insanely effective. But you have to do it from a distance or the gunners will take you out fast. I took out a Blackhawk using nothing but a buggy cannon on Songhua tonight; had to reposition several times (crappy firing angle on those), but it worked. Much easier using a HMMV or "van" gun though.

52. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 23:00 Jow

The worst thing is inflicting two hits on a tank and actually managing to survive, only to have the dude who was inside (and an assault kit, for example) get out and take you out instantly. You do all that work and you basically got a death and nothing else out of it.

Moral of the story is that if you're a scoremonger, you generally don't want to play AT for extended periods of time.

51. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 22:24 Tumbler

Hmm that does it all right. Dought anyone can do that in combat though.

Still say average to take down takes is 3-5 missles in combat.

Unpaid Employee and Fanboy of DICE and anything BF2.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

50. ? Aug 11, 2005, 22:21 saturnine

Servers still down? WTF?

49. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 21:33 Shots

Here, check it out on www.putfile.com

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=TankIn2

48. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 21:17 Shots

Did you try the tracks from front or rear? I did it about 10 times and I'll send a small vid if you want proof. Heck, I'll even jump in the tank to ensure full health, jump out and hit it in the tracks twice for an explosion.

Let me know, I'll Fraps it and send it to you if you need proof.

47. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 21:06 ExcessDan

how do you know that the tank was at full health to begin with?

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"

ExcessDan

46. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 20:34 mOOzilla

Which type of tank, there are a few no?

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQaj31Wtko

45. Re: Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 20:21 Hump

There is a spot on a tank in the rear that will destroy it in one shot. Not exactly sure where but I've seen it done and have done it myself twice (lucky shots). Same with an APC except its "spot" is somewhere around the seam of the swiveling turret area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
This comment was edited on Aug 11, 20:22.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

44. Update on AT Missle issue Aug 11, 2005, 20:12 Tumbler

I've just finished playing around with the AT class trying to destroy a tank with 2 rockets or less. Not possible.

Assuming the tank is full health:

Hitting the tank in the rear or from above will catch it on fire with 2 rockets but not destroy it. The small pause for fire before exploding gives the driver more than enough time to escape. If a third rocket hit it before the fire destroyed it it would certainly explode then.

Hitting it directly from the front takes 4-5 rockets depending on where your shots land. And even then it's only one fire.

Hitting it from the sides takes 3 rockets to get it to catch fire.

I'll post the video's if anyone wants but after taking the time to test my theory out I'm ready to just play some BF2 online.

Enjoy.

Unpaid Employee and Fanboy of DICE and anything BF2.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

43. Re: No subject Aug 11, 2005, 20:05 Xenos Overdrive

Either it has to kill him in one shot, or it has to have a LOT MORE AMMO

No, then because there would be no point in even using the tanks. But a hell of a lot more ammo would be nice.

42. No subject Aug 11, 2005, 19:43 Vek

I still say they should take 5 minutes to put some code in that prevented people from spawning in front of enemies.

There are like 20 spawn points around each flag - behind buildings, around corners, inside houses... why can't it choose a point that isn't in direct line of sight of an enemy, before spawning you there.

As for the anti-tank comments... please remember that in order to be anti tank kit you have essentially given up anti-troop capability. Your piddly mp5 or whatever really doesn't stand up against an m4, its more for peace of mind than actual offense. On top of that, you only get a very small number of shots.

If it takes 3 missiles to kill a tank (ie, ONE ENEMY PERSON) for two kills, it should not use 70% of your main weapon's ammo to do so.

Either it has to kill him in one shot, or it has to have a LOT MORE AMMO.

Its ridiculous that the other classes can kill, I dunno, ten or more enemies with their ammunition supply but the anti tank guy can't kill more than 1 tank (as it usualy takes 3 missiles, which is more than half their ammo). And on top of that, usualy, the enemy jumps OUT of the tank bfore it dies, and kills you (because they have a much better anti-infantry kit than you do...)... And for this great honor... he gave up just about any ability to kill other troops. He doesnt even have grenades.

All I'm saying is they need to make it so that the anti-tank class really IS anti-tank, due to how much he gives up to be able to fire those rockets.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 19:49.

41. Re: LOL Aug 11, 2005, 19:13 MeatForce

No ships because players were driving them off the map causing teams to lose their last spawn point for no reason. They said that in an interview.

!:o! I hadn't heard that.

The idea that they took something out of this series because players were using it to be assholes is too funny!

-----
I actually get paid for this..

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

40. Re: Yeah right Aug 11, 2005, 19:03 Skookum

xXBatmanXx:
And I still don't understand people's complaints about the Blackhawk 'exploit'. Apparently you don't know how to shoot at them with the turrets on the buggy and humvee. Also, if you get right under it (they can't shoot you) and have C4, IT STICKS TO THE UNDERSIDE!!! You can throw it straight up and it will clip on. - Yes, they do have to get low enough for this to work.

I only wish this worked well. Good luck running up to a Blackhawk with two gunners. And if you're smart enough to camp the IGLA or the Tow, you gotta know the Blackhawk gunners are looking for you. I refuse to play on Songhua Stalemate for this reason, it's like the map has one huge ass exploit that everyone knows about but ignores.

39. Re: Sigh... Aug 11, 2005, 18:48 Shots

Ok, some final results. HIT THE TRACKS! I had it explode continously from 2 shots tot the front OR back when I hit the tracks. From the side it took 3 shots to the tracks.

Edit to say 2 shots to front or back tracks.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 18:49.

38. Re: Sigh... Aug 11, 2005, 18:41 Shots

I just started a local and was able to destroy tanks from the rear using 2 ATs every time like he said. Front takes 3 I think (let me recheck). I'll also check the sides. Oh, and from the rear and hitting the turret takes 3 (but it's smoking pretty bad at 2).

Edit: More results...

Ok, from the rear straight at the tank it takes 2 but it has to explode from fire damage. BUT from the rear and hitting the tracks it takes 2 and explodes on the second! Go for the tracks! It really smokes bad after the first one.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 18:44.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo