Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Screenshots

• Battlefield 2: Special Forces on GBASE. Cover art.
  • Supreme Commander on Gamebiz.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 23:42 xXBatmanXx

SMA you should check out Hidden & Dangerous 2 and its expansion, im sure they can be had for about 5 sterling a piece and you can to control a squad of British SAS.
The coop is good fun.

I put a lot of time into that series, and I must say - probably the hardest FPS I have ever played.

My wants: GTA DC (politicians) and GTA FL (crazy nut job lawyers)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 22:34 Tim

SMA you should check out Hidden & Dangerous 2 and its expansion, im sure they can be had for about 5 sterling a piece and you can to control a squad of British SAS.
The coop is good fun.

9. No subject Jul 31, 2005, 17:46 xXBatmanXx

hay. None of those BF2 screens are new.
Last weeks news.

My wants: GTA DC (politicians) and GTA FL (crazy nut job lawyers)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

8. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 14:59 Scottish Martial Arts

Scotty that Americas Army FPS.

Well that's true they did do a pretty good job of that. The one Operation: Flashpoint expansion came pretty close too.

It's just that when you count up the number of Special Forces themed games that have been made, only two of them actually had anything remotely to do with the reality of special operations.

7. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 13:55 Tim

Scotty that Americas Army FPS.

The Battlefield Universe is a queer one.

6. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 13:44 Scottish Martial Arts

the whole basis of the expansion is on special forces gadgets

Further proof that EA/DICE knows fuck all about special operations. Wake me up if someone ever makes a game that portrays an actual special forces mission.

Unconventional warfare, what's that? Oh nothing important, doesn't need to go in an SF game, after all it's only the primary fucking mission of Special Forces.

5. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 11:21 ExcessDan

Here's an idea: since the whole basis of the expansion is on special forces gadgets and such and you don't like that, no one is forcing you to buy it.

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"

ExcessDan

4. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 02:04 Scottish Martial Arts

I'm sorry but whoever came up with the zipline and grappling hook bullshit needs to be shot.

3. Re: !!!!! Jul 31, 2005, 00:22 John

Hmm, I've seen all those SC screens already.

This space is available for rent

2. Re: !!!!! Jul 30, 2005, 19:40 Tim

I hope the stick with the same general BF2 formula; fun. On the other hand Special Forces is inherently different from the regular 'battlefield warfare' experience. Special Forces usually have objectives other then shoot the enemy and it should be interesting to see how they implement them.

Ii would be nice if they stressed teamwork even more in this expansion, perhaps make joining a squad mandatory.

And how about a option in which a team is allowed 1 or 2 minutes before each round so they are able to converse by way of headset or keyboard about what their strategies are so when the game begins every one isnít running towards the middle of the map looking for something to kill.

1. !!!!! Jul 30, 2005, 19:05 Tumbler

My 2 most anticipated games in one posting area!!!

Supreme Commander looks REALLY nice. Can't wait.

BF2 SF seems confusing to me. Screenshots feel very rainbow 6 and America's army ish. Hope they aren't trying to build a sub game into this to try and tap into the gamers form those style games.

Unpaid Employee and Fanboy of DICE and anything BF2.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo