Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Worms 4 Ships, New MP Demo

The Codemasters Website announces shipments of Worms 4 Mayhem, the latest installment in Team 17's squirmy strategy game, saying: "Let the worm-on-worm violence commence! Everyone’s favourite invertebrates are back in Worms 4: Mayhem and it’s out today for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC!" tio celebrate, a second playable multiplayer demo for the game is now available on the Codemasters Website (registration required). Mirrors of the download can be found on 3D Gamers, FileFront, FilePlanet, FileShack, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Happy Puppy, VGPro, and Worthplaying.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2005, 00:54 Prez

I dunno- I think it would be a fresh take if they perfected the clunky 3D engine from the last one. Kind of excited, myself.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2005, 23:17 Evenrute

The release is for Europe only. Follow this thread to get information on the US release.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54648

Even

8. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 19:29 MacD

"the same old Worms we all know"

Which is why I'm bored with the whole franchise since the second worms game came out. I think it's sad that team 17 (who have made some cool, interesting games back in the day) are reduced to a worms-sequel factory. And quite frankly, I don't get it: rehashing the same old concept must bore them, too, no?

7. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2005, 18:07 Bucky

Bonus points to anyone who can deliver me a working link to any place where I can buy the game, except for EB.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Erol Shalor E/Mo

6. Re: No subject Jul 29, 2005, 16:11 mittens

Once you get used to the relatively complicated gameplay (at least, more complicated than the old 2D Worms), I think you guys will find that you quite like the game.

It has a fairly steep learning curve, but this is (or, at least, Worms 3D was) the same old Worms we all know and love in a completely different looking package.

5. No subject Jul 29, 2005, 15:54 Nachoman

I agree pedle, I was a pretty avid worms player back in the days of worms: armageddon and worms in 3D just doesn't seem right to me. Things like aiming a shotgun just dont require the same skill that the 2D version did.

Worms 4 does seem like a halfway decent game this time though, after the travesty that the earlier games were, it's just a shame that team17 insist on following the kiddie route with the worms series. Worms is just that little bit too cutesy now, even more so than Mario and chums.

This comment was edited on Jul 29, 15:56.

4. Re: No gamecube? Jul 29, 2005, 14:19 xXBatmanXx

Anyone else try the demo of this that was released a little while ago and felt dissapointed? I still just cannot get used to the 3D world, I miss the 2D days of Worms Armageddon....

I actually thought it was better than previous 3d attempts. It was one I actually enjoyed. Probably going to get this one.

My wants: GTA DC (politicians) and GTA FL (crazy nut job lawyers)

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

3. Re: No gamecube? Jul 29, 2005, 14:05 Pedle Zelnip

Anyone else try the demo of this that was released a little while ago and felt dissapointed? I still just cannot get used to the 3D world, I miss the 2D days of Worms Armageddon....

PZ
------------
Reading: Naomi Klein's "No Logo"

PZ
------------

2. No gamecube? Jul 29, 2005, 13:19 Ahnteis

This seems like just the kind of game that gamecubers would enjoy. (Yes, I'm one. GC for "everyone" games. PC for everything else.)

1. I wonder... Jul 29, 2005, 12:44 Unknown Source

... if there's any hot, naked worm sex that can be unlocked?  
I'm not even really here.

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo