Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

B&W2 Demo & Retail Release Dates

Computer and Video Games comes away from a recent EA press event with word from Lionhead's Peter Molyneux on plans for the release date for Black & White 2, along with word to expect a one or two level playable demo of Lionhead's upcoming god game sequel either simultaneous with, or even prior to, the game's launch on either September 27 or October 14. They also say press builds of the beta version will be going out soon, so you can expect a preview or ten before too long. Here's a bit more on those "alternate" release dates, which are referred to as "concrete," in spite of the numerous delays to the original B&W:

Molyneux also went on to reveal two concrete release dates for B&W2 with 27 Sept or 14 October now apparently the two alternatives inked in for firm release. Molyneux said that producing the game for the September date would be "quite tight, but possible", although October 14 would seem more likely.

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Well Jul 19, 2005, 09:44 Creston

And Creston, if you purchase B&W2 over X3, I will personally father a red headed step child, hunt you down and beat you severly with it. You got your priorities straight with your first choice of games dammit!

Easy there slugger, don't make me hurt you.
What I said was that B&W2 would NOT get purchased if X3 was out at the same time.
X2 was one of the coolest games I ever played, whereas the original B&W was quite a disappointment. Guess who gets the nod on the sequel?

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. No subject Jul 19, 2005, 07:30 Tehol

one and half hour,that much time i spent on B&W and it was enough.i was tired of all the micro managment,stupid camera controll,remeber where u have find some sheep(?)on mountain?

the idea of B&W cool enough but whenever i tried to play this game i felt i was working.

i am also not sure about game called movie.i think the game is one step away from called movie tycoon.that 's the idea of movie right?u make movie, u get more money, u get bigger studio and cycle goes on.

46. Re: My nick is mag... Jul 19, 2005, 01:29 Prez

Same here. It stayed pretty fresh for a while.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: My nick is mag... Jul 18, 2005, 23:28 PHJF

Black and White was fun while it lasted. Once you got by the sandbox factor there was really no game presented.

Fortunately for me the sandbox fun lasted for quite some time...

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

44. My nick is mag... Jul 18, 2005, 22:57 mag

...and I enjoyed Black & White.

43. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 21:43 Mad Max RW

Err, I remember Populous quite clearly. What I remember most about it was the clunky bumblefuck interface. I liked Syndicate, but the 3d sequel sucked.

42. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 21:08 MacD

Nah...Mad Max is just too young to remember the awesomeness that was Populous, Syndicate and Dungeon Keeper

41. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 21:01 Mad Max RW

Yes, it was absolutely necessary. Molyneux is the master of the bait and switch.

40. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 19:34 Pr()ZaC

Mad Max, was that comment of yours (back on page #1) really necessary?

Just watch and follow the previews of B&W2; everybody is saying that Lionhead is on the right track. I still think both games I mentioned will kick ass, especially in a world of consolified PC games.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 19:35.

39. Re: Well Jul 18, 2005, 19:28 The Half Elf

In fact grab all the Origin Stuff, and the Maxis stuff, and anything else that looks undernourished, frightend, beaten, broken as well.

Speaking of Splinter Cell, picked up 1 and 2 in a double pack for 30 bucks today, along with RCT3 Soaked addon (YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH PEEP ABUSE!).

And Creston, if you purchase B&W2 over X3, I will personally father a red headed step child, hunt you down and beat you severly with it. You got your priorities straight with your first choice of games dammit!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

38. Re: Well Jul 18, 2005, 19:09 Chris

Without question it was the most overhyped, over-rated piece of shit I have ever played. It wasn't even a game. I don't know what it was. That review was the sole reason I dumped 'PC Gamer' forever and I haven't looked back.

Sounds like something I would've said up until Doom 3 (PC Gamer: 94%, PC gamer score for B&W: 94% ) came out. In fact, look at the disgraceful list:

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/914356.asp

Two-thirds or so of 67 reviews give this piece of crap 90% or better. There is no more depraved and useless industry than gaming reviews.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 19:10.

37. Re: Multiplayer Jul 18, 2005, 17:07 MindTrigger

Im intersted to tru this one because I read stories about people getting the AI in BW to exhibit some trippy self-learned behaviors. The rest of the game seems gay to me, but the AI sounds fun.

---
Blue Sky Mine

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

36. Re: Multiplayer Jul 18, 2005, 16:53 Beamer

Reviewers always give overhyped games great reviews. Every major FPS in the past year has gotten 90%+ yet had flaws that should have knocked it down.

Syndicate was great. I thought the first was fairly easy, though. Once you got a huge army you were unstoppable, but that was so damn great. You just had a huge mass of people armed with shotguns following your every move.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

35. Multiplayer Jul 18, 2005, 16:48 Ping

The originla Black & White had a multiplayer mode. Did anyone try it? I didn't know anyone who enjoyed the game back then so I played only the single player game.

Any one with better multi player experience?

34. Re: Well Jul 18, 2005, 16:30 Awesome Spume

I can't have a dog in my apartment

Nintendogs!...

33. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 16:22 Halsy

Molyneaux is always long on promise and short on delivery. He is most definitely the boy who cried wolf. Who can believe any of his bullshit anymore? I'll certainly nevre give that shyster another penny for his garbage.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

32. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 16:17 verybad

I played B&W for a while, it had it's moments, but few of them. I trained my frickin tiger to eat and shit only, and that was rather entertaining for a while, he devoured absolutely EVERYONE. But it wasn't much of a game. Picking villagers up and theowing them against things was also rather fun. I got a good 20-30 hours of play out of it before it just became to repetitive/not enough to do.

I think the idea behind B&W is great, it's just got to be fleshed out, and with less of the gimick interface (moving the mouse just so to cast a spell is BS. That's why we have a keyboard. If it has a way of telling how your'e doing, a reward/punishment system so you can actually enjoy the game, not just have you training a damned animal to play it for you.

Having the ability to alter your animal with godly "gifts" based on sacrificing/pleasing (fear/worship points?) your villagers would be good also, so you can give it demon wings or something.

*shrugs* The game (original) had a lot of promise, it just didn't seem complete.

31. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 16:08 PHJF

Maybe some developers actually want to try making *new* games? Not everybody in the industry enjoys producing WWII shooters. B&W was a fantastic but ultimately flawed creation, and odds are this time around he will get it right.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

30. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 15:56 Overon

I played the first B&W and after about 10 hours of gameplay it became boring, tedious, and frustrating to play. The I uninstalled it.

29. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 14:51 Parallax Abstraction

I hate Halo with a passion. I believe I once called it a "poor man's Unreal".

That's a pretty good comparison actually. I dunno, I bought B&W 1 and did enjoy it for a while, but then the chore of having to coddle your idiotic townspeople while making sure your creature didn't eat any of them turned me right off of it. I've watched a lot of video interviews with Molyneux in which he talks about what he wants to do with the new one and it looks like he's largely taking it into a different, more combat-oriented direction. It will be nice to have a demo though to see how well he executes that before I give him my money again. The Movies has me much more interested.

Parallax Abstraction
Founder of StateOfGaming.org - Coming Soon
Commentary & Discussion About the Video Game Industry and Its Future

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo