Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hitman & Tomb Raider Sequels Delayed

Kikizo Games (thanks Mike Martinez) has word on delays to both Hitman: Blood Money and Tomb Raider: Legend, saying both of the Eidos properties are now slated for release in early 2006. The story quotes Eidos as saying the extra development time for both games is to "maximise their hit potential."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2005, 00:23 Dildoguy

I have caught Hitman too late to play H1 (later I read reviews, which mentioned some bugs and gameplay slowdowns and I didn´t want to spoil great H2 experience). I played H2 and it was one of the best games of the year. You're right with sneak-in problems with snipers in getting-to-the-Japanese-castle level. Maybe you acted in inapropriate way, got off the road, maybe they had an order to shoot anyone approaching the castle, I don't know. And to be honest, I simply shot them and hadn't let them to destroy the great feeling. But it wasn't general problem of the game, most of the levels (eg. just the next one in the castle) were playable with no shot, or only a one or two shots fired...
I'm playing Contracts now and to me, it seems that the gameplay hasn't changed much from H2. But not sure, it is a long time ;-)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 06:55 Timbob

Anorexic/Pneumatic perhaps, fat? No.

33. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 20:03 Prez

You haven't seen the screenshots in the gaming mags then. She's gotten trimmer

Thank goodness - she was a real fat ass before

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

32. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 14:09 PHJF

Freedom Fighters was dying for Coop.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

31. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 13:08 Beamer

Also worth noting that Hitman 1 and 3 combined sold less than 2. I never played any, but that might influence development.

Freedom Fighters sold just under a million units.

http://www.ioi.dk/corporate/AnnualReport2004.pdf

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

30. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 13:04 Beamer

Freedom Fighters was underrated. Quality squad AI.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

29. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 10:46 Sty

It sucks that I think EA owns Freedom Fighters though. I'd love to see another one, but if there is one, it likely won't be done by io Interactive.

Io began production on Freedom Fighters 2 a while back. It was slated for a H2 FY2005 to early 2006 release (PC/PS2/Xbox). Now whether it's been canned/dropped is yet to be seen, but it was in production by Io (late 2003-2004).

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 10:47.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

28. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2005, 10:19 Rob

Exactly. I'm sure Lara will have 54 DD's this time out.

You haven't seen the screenshots in the gaming mags then. She's gotten trimmer

27. Re: Maximizing hit potential Jul 17, 2005, 06:06 Jarek Forhanon

They didn't force you to shoot people while disguised. You just couldn't stand around next to the same guard for a minute straight without him noticing something was up.

Actually, in many of the levels, enemies would attack you regardless of disguise. The Japan level with the snipers, for example. Even if you managed to get underground, the moment a guard saw you he would run up, then a few seconds later attack you. I seem to recall a few Afghanistan and Russia levels that forced you into firefights as well, not to mention the final level. Overall, the level design in Hitman 2 was largely forgettable because there were often very few paths to success, many of which required firefights.

26. No subject Jul 17, 2005, 04:39  SmartFood 

Gotta agree

I try to pretend HM2 never happened.

Contracts and HM1 were genius imho, because there was more focus on profesionalism, no bullets, just killing the target type gameplay. Silent Professional rewards, etc.

HM2 felt like it didn't know what it was, a sequel to HM1 or a James Bondesque Action Game. It plays more like Freedom Fighters with so much 3rd person combat then the sneak and assasinate play of HM1 & 3. I'm hoping 4 plays like 1 & 3. Lots of attention to detail in the levels, multiple paths, and no forced fights.

25. Re: Maximizing hit potential Jul 17, 2005, 01:32 PHJF

They didn't force you to shoot people while disguised. You just couldn't stand around next to the same guard for a minute straight without him noticing something was up.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

24. Re: Maximizing hit potential Jul 17, 2005, 00:35 Prez

Calm down dude.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

23. Maximizing hit potential Jul 16, 2005, 23:20 Riker

The story quotes Eidos as saying the extra development time for both games is to "maximise their hit potential."

Oh for fucking fuck's sakes, why does everything always have to be spin spin spin?!? If they're shipping after Christmas, it's for no reason other than it won't be done by Christmas. Goddamn motherfucking scumsucking spinster assholes.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 23:22.

22. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 22:24 anon@24.76

thats exactly what im talking about.
and in contracts if you got tired of that you could go all rambo on them and kill every single living person on the map.
They should have had an extra ranking for that.

21. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 21:35 Jarek Forhanon

If you could just walk to your objective with no chance of hostility it wouldn't make for a very good game.

Just another case of sacrificing reality for gameplay.

Of course there should be potential hostility, but it shouldn't be forced. As a Hitman, you are paid to kill specific targets, not everyone in sight. If there is one target, you should only have to use one bullet, if even that. Contracts allowed for this, which I appreciated a lot more than the forced gunfights in Hitman 2.

20. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 21:16 anon@24.76

well, yah it would make a good game, and thats what they did for alot of the missions.
the only thing is to do it with no hostitility is really slow and tricky, so they also give you the option of more killing.

19. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 18:51 PHJF

If you could just walk to your objective with no chance of hostility it wouldn't make for a very good game.

Just another case of sacrificing reality for gameplay.

------

18. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 18:48 Halo

Hitman 1 was awesome it was an entirely different game that played great and would definitely have a huge cult background to it. Hitman 2 was a great sequel as well the only problem I had was some of the "reality" of the game, some of it was arguable. Such as the Japan levels; you may say "well how come if I'm in a full snow suit how can that sniper know I am an enemy?" I figured since you were off path and moving towards the castle you were considered hostile? I felt they were all equally good. H1 gets bonus points for bullet holes in the bodies though.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 18:49.

17. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 17:33 Parallax Abstraction

Not that this isn't a good thing, but what I think they mean by more development time is "We're waiting for the funding from our new bosses at SCi to kick in." I look forward to these though. It sucks that I think EA owns Freedom Fighters though. I'd love to see another one, but if there is one, it likely won't be done by io Interactive.

Parallax Abstraction
Founder of StateOfGaming.org - Coming Soon
Commentary & Discussion About the Video Game Industry and Its Future

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

16. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 16:58 Halsy

With TR, they probably want to maximize the 'tit potential' by using the extra time to put in more polygons.

Exactly. I'm sure Lara will have 54 DD's this time out. Nothing sadder than a Tomb Raider geek.

"Well...here's to feelin' good all the time!"
- Kramer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo