Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Patch

This Battlefield 2 Community Update announces the availability of a new version 1.02 patch for BF2, along with the associated open server and ranked servers. The files are mirrored on 3D Gamers, Boomtown, FileFront, FileShack, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, VGPro, and Worthplaying. Here's word:

HOTFIX for BF2 v1.01 Now Available!
The hotfix for Battlefield 2 v1.01 is now available for download. This update replaces v1.01 and fixes the said memory leak. Along with this update, we’ve made available an updated unranked server file for Win32 and an updated unranked server file for Linux.

Battlefield 2 v1.02
bf2patch_v_102.exe - (16.3MB)
(this replaces all previous updates)

Battlefield 2 Unranked Server Files for Win32
battlefield2_server_2484.exe - (127MB)
(this replaces all previous Win32 server files)

Battlefield 2 Unranked Server Files for Linux
bf2-linuxded-1.1.2484.0-installer.zip - (131MB)
(this replaces all previous Linux server files)

NOTE: Upon installing v1.02 you will see references to v1.01. You are not installing v1.01 but are installing v1.02 (referenced in the game browser as 2484)

We want to encourage our community to continue to use the BFHQ@ea.com email box. We check this email daily and while we can’t always respond to all the emails, we do read each one of them. So if you’re seeing something in the game you think is a problem, drop us an email.

Have a great weekend!
[EA]Mike and the rest of the Battlefield team!

View
62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

62. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2005, 16:24 nin

Just say no to spam...

--------------------------------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 20 R/Mo / Xylos Gath, lvl 10 W/Mo

I have to apologize for the way I feel... http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

61. No subject Aug 1, 2005, 16:19 b3ak3r

Congratulations to all 21 of the winners of last weeks ATI Fast Feet Tournament! Due to a problem with our sign up process we were not able to register many of you who tried to compete in our first tournament. The good news is we have fixed the problem and that we have three more tournaments this week that have great cash and prizes!

http://www.firescore.com

Sponsors: ATI, Logitech, Lovesac

Run down of the Fast Feet Fight Tournament:

WarChild.RavenWebb took off with what looked like an insurmountable lead. But his strategy proved wrong in the end (even with a 3rd place finish). He lead the pack with tons of knife kills (25) but he didn’t take into account knife kills were a “multiplier”. Everyone needed high kill to death ratio to start with, then knife kills multiplied the k/d ratio.

HIT][Spike, {cc42
angobob and im.anti both started late in the tournament and finished in the top 5. Even =BR1=cman started well into the event and finished with the leaders. This just goes to show its not how long you play, but how you play the rules that makes you a winner.

The =B33F= clan had the most players in the winners circle with the ~~[NFH]~~ coming in with the second most clan members.

As a spectator in many of the matches standing around watching, I did get knifed more times than I expected. But that happens standing in one place. Sometimes the smack got a little thick and players were boasting a bit, but most of those who spent time typing lost valuable points.

Everyone is a Winner – All Club Members paid $9.95 and won at least $10. And there are 16 more tournaments with cash and prizes this month!

# NAME PRIZE

1 HIT][Spike ATI X800 XL 256MB Video Card

2 =BR1=cman GAMESAC

3 warchild.ravenwebb $50 Cash

4 im.anti. $50 Cash

5 {cc42angobob $50 Cash

6 ~~[NFH]~~l33tg4m3r $50 Cash

7 ~~[NFH]~~Moses73 $50 Cash

8 [bravo-co]Psycho $50 Cash

9 -75thFS-KamaKaze $50 Cash

10 =B33F=Evilfud $50 Cash

11 [Bravo-Co]Matt MIDDLEMAN Logitech Head Set

12 =B33F=Dirty_Dog $10 Cash

13 =B33F=DaKeith $10 Cash

14 CaribOne|Eurus $10 Cash

15 Dinosaurcam $10 Cash

16 =B33F=Gunslinger $10 Cash

17 ceelocsta $10 Cash

18 =B33F=Palerider $10 Cash

19 thefamousguyman $10 Cash

20 Persuader $10 Cash

21 B20|MuSsEr $10 Cash

PASS THE WORD – 16 Tournaments for only $9.95 a month! MORE GREAT PRIZES START TODAY WITH LOGITECH MEDIC MONDAY!

http://www.firescore.com

60. Re: Can't play now :( Jul 17, 2005, 14:20 El Cabron

ctd at account login screen for me. Never had that until this patch.

59. lol Jul 17, 2005, 13:10 Shataan

"It's forced obsolescence."

You mean "planned obsolecence" Welcome to our world. THIS is the Great Plan for just about every business that makes products in the world.

58. We don't need no stinking patches Jul 16, 2005, 20:47 Zephalephelah

What the hell man?????? They just re-released v1.01 & then 1 fucking day later it's 1.02? Why even bother with the re-release???????

57. Re: Patch error Jul 16, 2005, 17:24 MrShoop

My patch also failed dur to not enough disk space. I didn;t believe it at first, becasue I had about 1.9 gig free. but i freed up 3.5 and then it worked.

56. Re: Well... Jul 16, 2005, 17:00 4D-Boxing

I just spend 500$ every 3 years... seems reasonable to get a good pc gaming experience. Just trade in or sell your old cpu vid card every 3 years plus add 500$ you're set! You can spend a bit less every 5 years with consoles but I find the extra dollars are worth it!

55. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 16:57 MeatForce

My system was MADE "not good enough" by the developers. It's not a natural progression. It's forced obsolescence. Alienating the community and forcing them to upgrade is NOT the way to keep customers. id software's approach, making the game run on any damn computer out there but while sacrificing quality, is much better. And if I can run Doom 3 on high quality, then I should sure as hell run Battlefield 2 - except for some damn pixel shaders to make the ground textures look bumpy. Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay four hundred dollars to look at bumpy ground textures.

Hey, if your GF4 is good enough to play all that stuff right now, then I think Your solution is blindingly obvious: keep it and simply DON'T PLAY THIS ONE GAME.

Just keep the damn card and skip this game. Knock yourself out -- no one is forcing you to make anything obsolete that you aren't ready to let go of, and there will quite likely be games released over the next year or so that will agree to launch for you while you are still running a GF4.

I think the point here is that we want you to stop whining to us about it.

-----
I actually get paid for this..

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

54. Well... Jul 16, 2005, 16:22 theyarecomingforyou

Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay four hundred dollars to look at bumpy ground textures.

Well, don't then - pay $113 for a GeForce 6600 or $120 and get a 9800Pro. That's not unreasonable. Sure the developers were lazy, but stop moaning and accept that the GeForce4 is getting on and might now need to be upgraded if games developers are unwilling to support it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

53. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 15:17 Prez

i'm not buying this until i've read that it's been fixed. which means i might never buy it.

That's only way to be, imo. I will never buy another PC game before is at least 3 months old, i.e patched at least to some semblance of playability.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 15:18.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

52. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 15:14 Buttercup

My system was MADE "not good enough" by the developers. It's not a natural progression. It's forced obsolescence. Alienating the community and forcing them to upgrade is NOT the way to keep customers. id software's approach, making the game run on any damn computer out there but while sacrificing quality, is much better. And if I can run Doom 3 on high quality, then I should sure as hell run Battlefield 2 - except for some damn pixel shaders to make the ground textures look bumpy. Call me cheap, but I'm not going to pay four hundred dollars to look at bumpy ground textures.

51. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 12:59 chiisu81

Well, spending that money gets you better graphics and deeper games. By the end of their life span console games can't nearly compare to PC games. Has anything close to BF2 been released?

Not to mention console lifespans are falling while console prices are skyrocketing.

Yes, because better grpahics make for a better game

I think Halo 2 can compare to BF2 for multiplayer fun w/ vehicles.

And console prices and lifetimes are the same as they ever have. Yes when the new ones come out they are naturally more expensive, but the prices do come back down. A new XBox/PS2/GC is around $150 now, hardly any more than what a NES/SN/DC/PS1 used to be....

/enjoys PC's and Consoles equally

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Darth Vader

Smile Like You Mean It

50. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 12:16 The Half Elf

Um if you had a PCI slot video card then I feel sorry for ya, but I do beleive you STILL can find them although your choices are very limited. And my ti4400 did quite well from the time of it hit the retail shelf until 2 months ago when I purchased a 6800 GT. It is not my fault you are cheap. If you want cheap then by all means GO buy a console, and enjoy your console games. BTW also enjoy your limited multiplayer experience, lack of mods, and screaming children, and drunken stoned idiots (especially if you have Xbox Live. Because if you do have BF2, there is a video on the DVD that shows the console version, and guess what it probably looks like a version that would be playable on a Geforce 4... LIKE CRAP.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

49. Re: Patch error Jul 16, 2005, 12:16 Ant

Scorpion and space captain: NP!

Not enough disk space? How much did you have and need?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

48. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 12:00 Beamer

Why be FORCED to spend $300 that I don't have on a video card (and another $300 for a new CPU/mobo) every 2.5 years when I can spend $300 on a console that lasts for five?

Well, spending that money gets you better graphics and deeper games. By the end of their life span console games can't nearly compare to PC games. Has anything close to BF2 been released?

Not to mention console lifespans are falling while console prices are skyrocketing.

If you don't want to spend the money to play the game, fine, but people whining about their system not being good enough gets tiring. Some choices had to be made. Obviously there were downsides to making the game compatible with older cards. They know this. If some people can't play it, so be it. You can't design every single game looking at the past.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

47. No subject Jul 16, 2005, 11:57 Elf Shot The Food

"And you all are wrong about Tycho. He has an incredible mastery of the language, and I feel like he uses it to paint pictures in the same way Gabe draws them. It is incredible, and if it pisses you off because you don't understand it, that's your fault. Not everything can be five-letters or less and reduced to factoids."

I understand it perfectly.

And PA still isn't funny.

46. Re: Totaly new Jul 16, 2005, 11:43 doktor_tchock

yeah, i kind of get that impression too. but they are going to keep shoveling broken shit out the door when people keep buying it that way.

i'm not buying this until i've read that it's been fixed. which means i might never buy it.

45. Totaly new Jul 16, 2005, 11:14 Bob Bobsen

Is anyone getting the impression that EA is just laughing their asses off? I mean come on, laughing all the way to the bank...

44. Re: Can't play now :( Jul 16, 2005, 11:01 SpleenDamage

Patched and played last night.
Appropriate weapons were unlocked on the ranked server I played on, however I crashed out of the game after about 10 minutes to BSD... which had never happened before

43. Can't play now :( Jul 16, 2005, 10:39 Zetler

1.02 is causing CTD at the login screen for me

62 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo