Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BF2 Patch Plans

The Battlefield 2 Website (thanks Ant) has word that login issues users have been experiencing are being investigated by GameSpy, and that external stats tracking may be temporarily disabled as the problem is addressed. There is also news that a hotfix patch is currently being tested for memory leak problems that surfaced in version 1.01, saying we should "rest assured" that while a fix has no ETA, "it's not far off." Word is:

Listen up soldiers, this update is to inform you that EA and DICE have a HOTFIX candidate for Battlefield 2 v1.01 in testing now. What does this mean? It means the fix for the memory leak found in v1.01 is being tested and will soon be available. While we're unable to specify an exact release date, rest assured, it's not far off and we will keep you updated through this web space.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. M95 Sniper Rifle Jul 18, 2005, 11:52 BlizDaddy

The BIG sniper rifle is under powered and accuracy is horrible. According to the game docs, you should be able to penetrate helicopter armor. Not so. Don't unlock the M95 right now. Anyone heard if any weapons spec changes are coming?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: binding keys Jul 16, 2005, 07:41 The Half Elf

First off the game cannot handle 64 players on a ranked server, or I should say, no server can handle 64 players with rankings on.

Secondly even with the default settings of everything on HIGH, there is a horrible amount of what I can only describe as 'rising mountain syndrome' where the terrain raises itself as you get closer to it, which to me, if I have everything set at high, why the hell does it do it?

It's bad enough that you have to be right on top of teamates to see their overhead tag's and that if you pickup an enemy kit your liable to be TK'd the rest of the game, and that spec ops being the only people able to blow up Commander's tools but don't get points for them, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE TERRAIN MOVE WHEN EVERYTHING IS SET TO HIGH!!! *screams*

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

45. Re: binding keys Jul 16, 2005, 00:20 JM

Hope you realise that you can manually fix the binding problems (although obviously you shouldn't have to), so there's no reason to continue to struggle with weird key arrangements.

Yeah, I know and I've done it several times now which is why I really hate this bug.

Seriously, should we be forced to resort to manually editing some cryptic config file just to map keys? For the life of me I can't imagine why this seemingly simple fix can't be cranked out in a day.

44. No subject Jul 15, 2005, 23:25 space captain

pffft - tanks are nothing... as spec ops you can take out a tank, solo - and quite easy

helis are overpowered because the AA armor does NOTHING... the fucking gun mounted on the jeep does better than the AA

and they should give Stinger missles back to the infantry - that would balance it out

Go forth, and kill!

43. Re: It's out. Stop puling. Jul 15, 2005, 21:06 Nefilim

http://www.fileshack.com/file_download.x?fid=7314

41. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 20:48 Beaner

I wish Dice would just use the Unreal engine for their next BF game. At least that would fix the horrendous hit-detection problems. No wonder none of the serious players like Fata1ity bother with this game.

Lol, Unreal 3 hasnt even proved itself yet. You want a smooth engine that can support large numbers of players, vast terrain and good hit detection go with Torque, specifically the new TSE.

http://www.garagegames.com/blogs/8863/8055

It will be intersting to see what ID does with the Doom 3 engine when Quake Enemy Territory is released. Why do we car about Fata1ity and why would a quake player want to use the Unreal engine. bleh!

40. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 20:42 Beaner

another vote, fix th damn key mapping. In future versions, it would be nice if vehicles could be better controlled with the mouse. Its insane playing a game where I need to use a keyboard, mouse and a joystick.

39. oooooooooo! Jul 15, 2005, 19:35 clickbouyow

It is in testing...wait, that is what they said about the last patch...I have everyone confidence that they will actually get it right this time........yeah....uh huh.

38. Re: Mr. Gar WINS!!! Jul 15, 2005, 19:34 JoeCool

Is this the comment that makes you original?

No but Its always said in a BF2 Patch thread so it needed to be said heh. It just wouldn't be a bf2 patch thread without it.

37. Re: Mr. Gar WINS!!! Jul 15, 2005, 19:30 SquirrelZero

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

Is this the comment that makes you original?

36. Re: Mr. Gar WINS!!! Jul 15, 2005, 19:25 JoeCool

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

35. No subject Jul 15, 2005, 19:01 KilrathiAce

Wow, its been now a week and they couldnt even hotfix their own patch that was released, now they say its in testing, hey I got news for you EA, you manage the time to announce BF2 expansion but you didnt even fix up the first BF2 patch yet...pathetic.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

34. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 19:01 xXBatmanXx

They aren't fixing anything that anyone really cares about.

I disagree, the patch fixed the bug where you couldn't launch the game from an external server browser. That alone was worth a patch.

Not really. As it didn't allow you to NOT play. It didn't FIX anything, it added something. The ingame browser still allows you to play just fine. Gives you enough servers. I just use bf2tracker.com to find my buddies and we play.

xXBatmanXx - Lance Corporal xXBatmanXx
http://www.bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?bf2id=45215952 (back online 7/14/05)

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

33. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 18:24 Mr Gar

Torque all the way.

32. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 17:46 SquirrelZero

Apples and oranges. Name a FPS using Unreal that supports more than 32 players.

Yes, apples and oranges in genre, perhaps. The point is that engine is capable of it. And it doesn't refute my point that it is up to the developer to implement the engine as they see fit. You're right that there aren't any FPS games out there using Unreal that (realistically) support 64, but that's because it is more difficult to implement than in other engines that support large player counts out of the box.

If you're making a 64-player game and insist on using Unreal, is it the engine's fault that it doesn't work properly, or is the licensee's fault for not implementing it correctly? In my opinion, this responsibility falls on the licensee.

Besides, all you asked for was "a game." I gave you a game.

31. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 17:32 Prez

What kind of mojo does planetside have working to have 150-person servers with minimal lag? THAT should be the standard. Well, I didn't see any lag as I watched someone else play it, anyway.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

30. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 17:11 Nefilim

Lineage 2.

Apples and oranges. Name a FPS using Unreal that supports more than 32 players.

29. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 17:07 MrShoop

They aren't fixing anything that anyone really cares about.

I disagree, the patch fixed the bug where you couldn't launch the game from an external server browser. That alone was worth a patch.

28. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2005, 16:53 SquirrelZero

Show me one Unreal engine game that can handle more than 32 players. Most can't even handle that very well.

Lineage 2.

Engines are not a valid excuse for why a game sucks. It is up to the developer to adapt and use that engine properly.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo