Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Guidance

There's a new SiN Episodes FAQ on Ritualistic collecting all that's known about the upcoming return of John R. Blade and Elexis Sinclaire.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 15:25 Fingers M

I didnt know Tyrone Biggums posted here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 14:59 Tehol

Let me guess, you hate life too?

u missed the point.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 15:00.

6. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 14:38 kanniballl

but my poor heart sank as I continued to read that the aweful 'system\network resource hog' steam was to be used.

As others have said, this is beating a dead horse. But I'll feed the troll.

• System resource hog. It doesn't utilize the CPU unless it's installing something (or you're playing). It just sits there using no processor power. However it uses a lot of MB (double-digits! Oh NO! Not bad. If you hava a machine capable of playing Half-Life 2 chances are you can spare 30MB (or whatever). It's not like Half-Life 2 automatically fills up ALL of your system memory when it runs. Only a fraction (assuming you have more than 512)

• Network. It's only doing stuff on the network when it's updating, which you can *gasp* turn off.

• Control what it does. Well, let's see. You don't have to have it start when your computer starts. You can tell it to not keep certain games (or all games) up to date if you don't want it to. Etc

• Is it perfect? No
    Is it annoying? At times
    Is it as bad as some middle-school whiners rant about? No

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurmama

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 14:40.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

5. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 14:27 Fantaz

Let me guess, you hate life too?

4. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 14:16 Tehol

dont start beating the old horse again.
    now we are hating Ea for anouncing BF2 expansion before any word on patch for BF2.

.....ok...time is up, i 'm hating steam again.

3. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 13:48 Fantaz

There should also be a choice. I love Steam as much as the next guy but there are those that don't like it so much.

2. Re: Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 12:15 fomit

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've got Steam and I don't let it control my computer. I control when it gets the updates (whenever I read about them on Blue's) and when it connects to Internet. I can play it in offline mode. Steam is pure convenience. I don't have a CD to put into the drive and I have access to my games from wherever.

1. Steam?? Jul 14, 2005, 11:26 cracksmoker

I heard Steam was going to be involved... I refuse to use anything associated with Steam. I bought and loved the original, but my poor heart sank as I continued to read that the aweful 'system\network resource hog' steam was to be used. I am sorry and I understand that a lot of poeple like steam. I understand it is easy to easy... Right... I like to control what and when my computer does things... ANYTHING!!! I am tired of the game publishers treating all potential clients like thieves.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo