Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in 2005?

Oblivion-Lost.com is reporting that S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, the first-person shooter in the works at GSC Game World, will not be released this year. They attribute the news to GSC's Anton Bolshakov by way of an chat with the moderator of the game's Russian forums, saying that this has also been confirmed by several journalists who have relationships with publisher THQ. This does not technically represent another delay for the game, which has suffered several already, as the last time the project's release date was revised from May of this year (story), no new projected date was set. Here is the failed attempt to sum up the news in two words:

"In two words, to sum up an ICQ chat: when the plot is fully implemented (it is being completed), the simulation will be finally tuned. This is what the team is doing right now.

The game will certainly not come out this year.

Look for the beginning of the wide advertising campaign, as it will mean half a year until the release."

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. VaporWare Jul 10, 2005, 23:26 Jay K.

Damn! You all are slow! It took until post 26 to get that word out! This whole thread has me laffin my ass off! Damn, Now I can't sit down! Call of the VaporTulu? Boy did this game go down the path of Major Suckage! I was hoping for a FPS and wound up with a C-OOP version of a third person perspective!

Hey Everybody have a great week!

Cheers,

Jay K.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Muahahahah! Jul 9, 2005, 05:01 The Half Elf

LOL the problem with leaning is that your carrying so much stuff you would simply fall over and never get back on your feet.

Reminds me of a Quake 2 comic someone did along the lines of Vin Diesel's XXX.
It showed a Quake 2 soldier with a packback infront of him and all the weapons and ammo layed out. "How am I gonna get all that stuff in here?"

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

50. Muahahahah! Jul 9, 2005, 04:32 Paranoid Jack

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl now retitled as S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost in Oblivion with half the features originally promised.

Hell, if you can't even lean in a FPS released in 2006 what is the gaming industry coming to? For the love of GOD!

49. Re: DNF Syndrome..... Jul 8, 2005, 23:57 4D-Boxing

They should just admit that it's because they want to release it on next gen consoles.

48. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 23:15 MindTrigger

Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang,

Mind your business, junior.

---
EA = Game Nazis
This comment was edited on Jul 8, 23:16.

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

47. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 20:45 theyarecomingforyou

They need to leak another version of their game again so we can tell how far into development it is.

There's only so much fun you can have with the menu system.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

46. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 20:35 Fantaz

They need to leak another version of their game again so we can tell how far into development it is.

45. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 20:13 Jim

it is a huge mistake to spend 5 plus years wanking the buyer base. Attention spans just sorta drop off after too much PR wankery all showing the same tired screens and article info. NEXT! ;p

I wonder how they will ever recoup the development costs. If they license the engine MAYBE... but they're never going to sell enough units to make up for 5 years in development.

Jim

44. No subject Jul 8, 2005, 19:40 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

Learn how to edit.

(re; rock climber's posts)

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 19:41.

43. No subject Jul 8, 2005, 19:38 Hump

I look at it this way: Boiling Point gave me glimpse into just how amazing this type of game could be. I've got no problem waiting if it can surpass that with the storyline they promised.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

42. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 19:28 MindTrigger

lol..

at what point do you sit down and say...

"Hmmm, this game needs another year."

---
EA = Game Nazis

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

41. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 19:21 MindTrigger

bwwaaaaaahhahhahhahahahaha!

---
EA = Game Nazis

--

40. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 19:13 seenitall

enough features have been removed that the game is now down to: you walk into a room where there is 1 textureless cube next to a slighly larger textureless cube, then you walk around the cubes in a figure 8 fashion for 3 minutes.

sure, it won't be state of the art, but worth a look!

39. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 18:02 Shataan

Well, they gotta release to try to regain their investment. All I can say is that the animations better be spectacular incomparison to what they look like now. And their texture artist had better have Godlier than thou skillz. I said it before, and I say it again... it is a huge mistake to spend 5 plus years wanking the buyer base. Attention spans just sorta drop off after too much PR wankery all showing the same tired screens and article info. NEXT! ;p

38. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 17:36 Jarek Forhanon

Also, Unreal III doesn't exist, and probably won't, and Quake Tournament? What is that? I've never heard of it. Link please?

I'm assuming he was referring to UT2007 and Quake Wars

37. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 17:29 The Half Elf

There are 2 types of hype. 1)Player/Fanboi made and 2)Publisher made.

For type 1 I give you every single fan site and fan boi that developers feed by giving them all the interviews they want and answering all their questions, and then the community run rampant with it.

For example 2 I give you Daikatana, nuff said.

I am actually really interested in what the Stalker team is doing, and really look forward to the simulation 'living world' they are working on, but at the same time I think this game suffers from too many fanboi's who eat sleep and shit any sliver of information they can get their hands on.

Do I mind waiting? Nope, there are other games either out or comming out that will keep me busy.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

36. No subject Jul 8, 2005, 17:16 aldo_14

Foot
Aim
FIRE!

Freespace 2: Lost Souls
http://www.sectorgame.com/aldo/

35. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 17:10 MMORPGHoD

I can't wait to see what you guys say after they announce it'll be released with star force 3 protection over steam.

You are an evil, evil man.

And when it is released I shall prepare a special clean version available for the sum... OF 1 MILLION DOLLARS. Bahahahaaaaa...

34. STALKER.... Jul 8, 2005, 16:40 Killer Kane

"WILL MAKE YOU ITS BITCH !!!! "

and WTF_MAN....LMAO !!!
Ditto: Jim

33. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 16:33 SquirrelZero

Gears of War is not an FPS, and we have no idea when it will be released on PC since XBox360 has an exclusive on it for a while. Also, Unreal III doesn't exist, and probably won't, and Quake Tournament? What is that? I've never heard of it. Link please?

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo