Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - T72 Balkans on Fire

Battlefront.com and IDDK/Crazy House announce that T72 Balkans On Fire is now shipping, and the armored combat simulation is now available from Battlefront.com. Word is a playable demo for the game is due to be released next week. Here's a bit on the game:

T72: Balkans on Fire! is set in the violent period of civil wars which ravaged Yugoslavia from 1991 to 1995. It puts the player as a Russian volunteer tank commander right into the turret of some of Russia’s best tanks – the T-72B, the T-55A and the T-34-85.

T-72 Balkans on Fire! uses a stunning 3D and physics engine to produce state of the art effects and realism.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: mmm mmm sweeeet Jul 8, 2005, 04:50 Muscular Beaver

Agreed the T72 isnt a good tank. But the T80 was a horrible mistake aswell. It was very vulnerable when attacked from behind, which I think was only discovered in the jugoslavian war.

I would like to see a T90 more, thats a real bad ass tank.

________
I'm not... gonna... cry... you... dumb... doo-doo brain!

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: mmm mmm sweeeet Jul 8, 2005, 04:31 jimnms

So how about growing some brains and make a sim about a Russian tank that doesn't suck like the T-80, Black Eagle or the ledgendary T-34?
Read it slower this time:
It puts the player as a Russian volunteer tank commander right into the turret of some of Russia’s best tanks – the T-72B, the T-55A and the T-34-85.

Anyway, I thought this game had been out? I've seen people posting screen shots of it over at SimHQ for months now.

MeanJim on Steam

4. Re: mmm mmm sweeeet Jul 8, 2005, 03:18 Zetler

I don't really see why of all the tanks in Russian history they decided to do a sim on the T-72. I mean the T-72 isn't exactly know as a badass or even good tank. This rolling coffin is more widely know as being cannon fodder for the American M1 series in both of the Iraq war through both superior technology and tactics. Even the Russians got a bloodly nose when they used them in against Chechens. So how about growing some brains and make a sim about a Russian tank that doesn't suck like the T-80, Black Eagle or the ledgendary T-34?

3. mmm mmm sweeeet Jul 8, 2005, 01:49 SavageD

I canna wait for the demo anymore captain!

2. Re: Oooh Jul 7, 2005, 23:19 PHJF

Looks pretty sweet, I might pick it up. Probably going to wait for the demo at least.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Oooh Jul 7, 2005, 21:50 Fingers M

ooh, oooh ooh oh  

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo