Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Were experiencing another of our odd encounters with nature here in the Blue Tower, as we're having a mini-invasion of mini-beetles. These are slender bugs that resemble fireflies, though they seem to offer no pyrotechnic effects. What they do seem to offer is a lesson about the fragility of life, as they are evidently not well suited to domestication -- we are finding more of them dead than alive. As a result I have dubbed them death beetles... this is mostly a minor inconvenience, though I had a brush with grossness when I filled a glass that had been sitting out on a shelf an found a couple of these guys floating in it, thankfully I noticed them before I took a sip (shudder).

Horrible real-life news of the day: London bombs kill at least 33.

Buggy Links! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Link: Home of Socks and Sandals the world over. Thanks Jim.
The Electric Unicycle.
Stories: Man Lights Himself on Fire to Propose.
Sea Lion Attacks Lifeguard. Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Brilliant...just brilliant... Thanks Eye 4N Eye.
Science! Electric shield to deter sharks. Thanks Eye 4N Eye. Of course bee stings cause more deaths.
Automatically, a Smart Dish That Feeds a Hungry Pet (registration required).
Solar Aircraft to Fly Around the World. Described in Wikipedia as "an over-rated publicity operation."
Media: Jaws in 30 seconds with bunnies. Thanks N|Lost_One.
iPod Flea.
PowerTools. Thanks Jim.
Follow-up: The Food Industry Empire Strikes Back (registration required).

View
94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

94. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2005, 10:13 Prez

Halsy

I hope you don't take this as a personal attack, but it seems the only time you post here is to bash Christians and bad-mouth America. I read your very long post and while it would be laughably easy to counter every single point of contention you have with the U.S., I have to ask myself, "Why bother?". Are you really this angry all the time?

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

93. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 11:51 Sty

If you feel that strongly about America and how bad it is, I suggest you move out of the country.

Yes, because we only want like-minded people to live in the US! We don't respect the opinions of others (especially those different from ours), nor do we want anyone with waivering patriotism. You have to accept and support it. Welcome to the melting pot of freedom and tolerance!

LOL Man, you guys crack me up sometimes.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

92. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 10:55 Gandhi

Halsy -

If you feel that strongly about America and how bad it is, I suggest you move out of the country. I believe a commune in North Korea would be perfect for you. I am sure they will happily allow you to criticize their regime like you do here.

I am NOT saying everything the US does is altruistic. In fact, I would not want the US govt to spend my tax dollars unless there is some return on that investment. What I am saying is that you need to quit whining about how everything the US does is evil.

P.S. You are still a jackass. Get your head out of your ass, you pompous self-absorbed asshole.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive
This comment was edited on Jul 8, 10:55.

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

91. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 10:37 MMORPGHoD

The definition of smarties depends on where you live:

http://www.oldtimecandy.com/smarties.htm

90. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 09:27 Gen. Hospital

A 'smartie' is a small lens shaped chocolate, traditionally in a variety of toxic-looking colors.

89. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 08:58 Enahs

Hey Canadians, eh.

What is a 'smartie'?

"When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me."-Ignignokt

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

88. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 07:15 TangledThorns

Halsy, you must be a fanatic of the American whiner also known as Noam Chomsky.

America is based on great ideals and of course our history is not perfect like you would assume it to be. If you look at our history and the struggles we have overcome in 200 years like slavery, women voting, equal rights, and so. Some were just this century. Its those ideals to make this country better than it is that makes America great. Just because we made mistakes dosn't mean we should tear it all down into anarchy or communism.

I'm sure you messed up in your life plenty of times, but should people hold it against you for the rest of your life?

I'm sorry you feel disillusioned by American history. I hope you can learn the patience to understand what history means, its in the past and you must learn from it.

87. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 03:16 Halsy

LOL! I never thought a liberal like me would be attacked by another liberal. Halsy, you are such a close minded jackass.

The laughable thing is how predictable you flag-waving types are. Even beore I hit the board today I could have spelled almost each and every one of your bullshit attacks. It's so fucking predictable it's sad. Just like I was one of the very few voices who said the WMD thing was absolute and total bullshit, and you guys were foaming at the mouth screaming about how it's someone time shut down Saddam the "imminent threat". Everyone insulting me and telling me how out to lunch I was, and what was the fucking reality?

Halsy 1 You 0

Sure other countries have the right to self-determination. Except that they are run by tyrants who like to see Americans. I was against invading Iraq, but now we have to remain there and make sure things get better instead of leaving it in the mess that it is in. And do not forget that a lot of the problems were created by Saddam except that he surpressed them by brutal force - Sunni-Shiite tensions, delapidated infrastructure, etc

You're absolutely right, except you're missing the big picture. Who do you think was backing Saddam and why? History lesson, sport. The CIA in 1953 (http://www.nytimes.com/library/world/mideast/041600iran-cia-index.html) decided to overthrow Iran's elected government because Mossadegh was coming to power on the promise of nationalizing Iran's oil (where it was owned by the British under the name of the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company). Britian made a mess of it and asked the U.S. to step in. Long story short, they installed the Shah which set democracy back in Iran by 30 years.

Fast forward to 1980 and we have the beginning of the Iran-Iraq war which had the FULL support of the U.S. government. Money, arms, biochemical weapons, and intelligence...all fully and freely given to Iraq. You're obviously to young to rememeber, but in 1986 Hussein was actually considered a hero for his war against in Iran. Nevermind the fact that the gassings and such hadn't surfaced in the media. Can't have America's ally commiting such atrocities, even though they fully backed him, can we? Saddam wasn't the real problem. He was a big fish in a small pond who was used as an excuse to precipitate the first Gulf War when it became politcally expedient to do so.

It is our problem because nutcase regimes like the Taliban harbor and nurture terrorist organization to attack America and the West in general. Absolute minority have a way of seizing power and consolidating it - Saddam in Iraq, the mullahs in Iran, Saudi royals, Mogabe in Zimbabwe, Arafat in Palestine, Kim Jong Il in N.Korea, etc. And don't say the US props ALL these guys up and keeps them in power

Do you work for a pirate? Because you make a great parrot. Please, keep regurtitating that same old bullshit that they have you and the other great unwashed believing without question. Don't say the U.S. props up dictators to support their interests? Jesus fucking Christ, not even you can be that ignorant to think that everything the U.S. does is altrusistic. This isn't even anywhere close to being comprehensive, but skim through this.

http://www.adbusters.org/jams/history/flash.html

Want more? read it and weep....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1567512526/qid=1120806678/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-1476064-0724044?v=glance&s=books

In case you think that's some whacko liberal book, it has been vetted by the CIA, so don't bother.

Do not forget that it was the massive aid from the US that enabled to recover from the shambles of WW2. And bring Japan back up to standing on its feet. The Soviet Union and the commies were no angels when it came to humanitarianism. I have no desire to be part of the commie way. It's been tried before and the eagerness and glee with which former Soviet republics are rejecting communism and embracing capitalism is proof enough. Yes, capitalism has its problems, but it is heck of a lot more desirable then the alternatives.

Yes and the massive poverty and dysfunction we see under the free market is just peachy? America is any better when it comes to humanitarism? Attempted genocide of the natives, slavery, Jim Crow laws untill 1964 and still rampant discrimination and exploitation at home and abroad and that's just fine?

PS - Did I mention you are a jack ass Halsy?

P.S. Did I mention you're a fucking moron? I've met rocks that are smarter and better educated than you are. But hey...keep on deluding yourself. It's all clowns like you are good for,

"Let me explain to you the kind of man Gary is. He's a man who knows that when you put another man's cock in your mouth, you make a pact."
- Spottswoode, Team America

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

86. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2005, 01:58 The Half Elf

Reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons, where they all buy books and Bart buys 1 about UFO and Government Cospiracy's and another book by Al Gore. Lisa makes some comment about it, and Bart replies that the government tracks our every step. As the books are being put over a barcode scanner they show the information going all the way to the White House to Al Gore's office and either he or his secretary says something the affect of you sold your first copy of your book. He cheers and turns on a radio to play 'Celebration' to which he starts singing along with.

If you people are so upset and pissed off with this country, then by all means move. Nothing is stopping you from doing a Taco Bell and run for the boarder. If I wanted to deal with all this political BS, I could turn on MSNBC and watch the talking heads argue at each other.

Now if they would do the talking heads thing with the Brady Bunch, I'd watch that

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

85. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 23:24 PHJF

*rubs copy of Catcher in the Rye*

Don't you worry Holden Caulfield, they'll never take you away from me. Never!!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

84. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 22:18 MMORPGHoD

Shh.. AS, don't let the cat out of the bag about AQ. They're on to you now. Evacuate your location and send your next transmission on public library PC #4. And under no circumstances should you purchase a copy of the "The Catcher in the Rye".

83. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 22:06 Fang

If this was true as the simple reason, why haven't they rather attacked some Scandinavian country where women generally are more equal to men?

Because the US would interfere anyways. If you want to take over the world, you have to go after the big dog.

82. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 22:00 Warhawk

Note that nobody here supporting this concept is saying we shouldn't fight terrorists militarily -- you're off your rocker if you think Warhawk would mean any such thing! But if you think we can win a "War on Terror" with military might alone then I'd say you're just as off base as anyone who thinks that the military shouldn't be used at all.

You know me that well, huh?

*** Warhawk ***

I'm really sorry. When I saw him on the computer, it said "The Butcher of Cadíz." I thought it was a profession, not a headline.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

81. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 21:24 Tim

That Power Tools ad has got to be the best commercial I've ever seen. Hell, I think it's triggered a new fetish!
womenfolk with safety goggles and hard hats never look like that from my experience.

Oh and by chance would anyone happen to know the name of that executible that lets you alter your themes in WINXP?

80. Re: the solution IS... Jul 7, 2005, 21:21 The Half Elf

*plays chariots of fire theme song*

Welcome to the July Edition of the Blues News Forums Special Olympics!

No matter if your 1st, 2nd or 154th, you still get a medal. Why? Cause your a winner, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Oh yeah and your 'special'.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

79. the solution IS... Jul 7, 2005, 21:12 Killer Kane

"to crush the rebel alliance , then the outer systems will fall in line" !...no , seriously

78. No subject Jul 7, 2005, 20:20  Cruciform 

That Power Tools ad has got to be the best commercial I've ever seen. Hell, I think it's triggered a new fetish!

Too bad some of the clips weren't longer.

Ah ha! It's a video by Benny Benassi

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 20:28.

77. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 19:52 cappy

Actually, the way Bin Laden envisioned it is that AQ would be a generalized movement that various groups could claim to be working under without necessarily being under the control of or even being in contact with Bin Laden or the other leaders. It's an interesting arrangement, since it makes combatting it more daunting.

The IRA has itself experienced splinter groups that may or may not operate under the auspices of the IRA (some have been disowned by the IRA as they're considered to be too radical or to be at odds with the IRA's own goals).

76. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 19:42 Cynips

Women don't have to cover their faces in public, they can vote, drive, and hold important jobs.
If this was true as the simple reason, why haven't they rather attacked some Scandinavian country where women generally are more equal to men?

No, I don't think it is that simple. I'm leaning more towards political power and natural resources as being what's really being fought over, ultimately.

Reality is a nice place, but I wouldn't want to live there!
This comment was edited on Jul 7, 19:43.

listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal

75. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 19:23 eunichron

There is no AQ.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever read on the internet.

Go ahead, say the CIA created Al Qaeda, that at least has a basis in truth. But to say there is no global Al Qaeda network? You know the first goal of any terrorist organization is to create dissent and disbelief among the common populace. Looks like Al Qaeda has succeeded with you.

94 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo