Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Patch

The promised patch for Battlefield 2 is now available, updating DICE's military shooter sequel to version 1.01, addressing crashing bugs, binding issues, browser problems, and more. The 13 MB download can be found on EA's FTP Server (direct link), and mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de, ActionTrip, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), FileFront, Fileplanet (registration required), Filerush (torrent), Fileshack, Fragland, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Happy Puppy (registration required), VGPro, and Worthplaying.

View
67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

67. Re: Crashing Jul 25, 2005, 10:59 shortah

Another thing that should be fixed... One thing that I hate incredibly..

When noobs who don't know how to fly.. the only way they can find to kill you is to fly into.. our drive into.. and the passengers in your vehicle crash.. you are charged with (teamkills) .. which affects your global ranking... I think this is insane.. I don't think that if you have a teammate in a vehicle with you and you crash you should not be charged with a teamkill.. I can understand if you are terribly bad at flying.. driving... and you fly or drive into a cliff and kill urself... than yes you should be charged. Atleast this is what i think.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: BaSTARDS Jul 25, 2005, 10:52 shortah

50. Re: BaSTARDS Jul 6, 19:10 Zephalephelah

venomhed said "PSS" & "nimwits".

So besides an abbreviation that means "Personal Statement Statement" & a word he made up that should be "dimwits", he thinks he's smarter than other people.

That's just great. I often wondered if people of below average intelligence believed that they were indeed smarter than average. Everyone believes that they have +100 IQ, but in order for such IQ scores logic insists that there must be less than 100 as well. I'd like to introduce venomhed, a stupid kid that thinks he is actually smart. Quite an exhibit at our zoo don't you think?

Instead of insisting on blatantly calling out someone who seems to not know what they are talking about, why don't you remind them that the forums are for problems, and helping people solve them.

Just an after thought. Im sure that you don't know everything about everything either.

This comment was edited on Jul 25, 10:54.

65. How to fix patch failed error! Jul 7, 2005, 08:12 Ant

It worked for me because it said i:\winstuff\bf2\ (note the last \).

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=13224 (saw it on http://ve3dboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=20605980)

Originally Posted by Al_Capwn
First, Try this.

Place the patch in your desktop and run it from there. If that still don't work, then you are having registry problems. This is how you fix it:

1.Go To Start > Run > Type "regedit" (without quotes)

2. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2

3. Then right click on the right hand window and go on NEW string value,then enter InstallDir for the string name and for the value enter D:\GAMES\Battlefield 2

(or whatever your BF2 Path is)

Yeah, It worked for me, the unique thing I had to do is remove the last "\" after the installdir and patch again

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

64. Re: renaming it Jul 7, 2005, 00:38 MrShoop

OK, I'm stating the obvious here but max detail in Desert Combat is less deatiled than the lowest detail in BF2. I play BF2 at medium detail, max viewing distance, and it runs great, and looks awesome. No disrepect to DC, an alltime favorite and great mod. I hope to see some of their great maps in BF2.

63. Re: Patching failed??? Jul 7, 2005, 00:00 Cutedge

I like how it takes the game a good one or two minutes before it actually quits, and it just sits with your desktop but still playing the music.

62. Patching failed??? Jul 6, 2005, 23:35 Ant

Why am I getting this error on my DVD version? I thought it was the movies I moved, but it wasn't since I put them back. And I don't use those nocd patches. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

61. ASE works! Jul 6, 2005, 23:33 DedFish

If you follow the link listed below and install the proper filter file ASE will find and now launch BF2. Right now I am showing over 150 ranked servers that are not full, not empty, and have a 200 ping or less to me plus another 140+ un-ranked meeting the same criteria.

60. Re: geforce 4 Jul 6, 2005, 23:25 ExcessDan

there is a patch in certain places on the internet that allows you to play with a geforce 4

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"

ExcessDan

59. Re: BaSTARDS Jul 6, 2005, 21:55 Teddy

So besides an abbreviation that means "Personal Statement Statement"

Err... PS stands for postscript, not Personal Statement.

58. No subject Jul 6, 2005, 21:20 jimnms

I still get the "There is a problem with your connection" crap. I now get a CTD every other time if I try to start a single player game. Not that I play SP much, but there weren't very many servers that had been patched, so I dicided to fire up SP.

Someone mentioned the binding keys issue, I had the same problem with the crouch key. I had to hit the reset to defaults and rebind everything, then it worked fine.

MeanJim on Steam

57. No subject Jul 6, 2005, 20:25 DedFish

Patch took minutes to install. Very smooth.

Game play has been good. Of the half dozen servers I've joined none had any lag problems. The ingame browser was responsive and hasn't locked up.

56. Well... Jul 6, 2005, 20:25 theyarecomingforyou

This patch cured the stuttering when running texture detail at high (with only 1GB of RAM) - they have done this by heavily optimising how textures are loaded, meaning that it now displays black textures whilst it loads the new texture; unfortunately, this looks hideous.

If they could just make those textures "medium" quality, instead of black, then it would be great to run in high quality - as it is I'm back to medium, with my A64 3200+, 1GB Corsair (Dual-Channel), X800XL.

Still, this patch seems to have removed the sound stuttering at the end of loading and reduced load times somewhat. Menus are still too slow - if they've made any improvements with them then it is pretty negligble. I still want more options for singleplayer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Emotinomicon: Emoticons of the Dead

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

55. Re: renaming it Jul 6, 2005, 20:19 ASLayerAODsk

just because i get my copy today..doesnt mean i havent been playing it...:P as i have since day one of its release. if DC could do all of these vehicles and more...on HALF the machine i have...full detail...then why does dice's 'version' require 2G's of ram? are they THAT inept???
im getting my copy at a super discount and i am starting to wonder if its worth even what im paying..:P i guess ill give it a month..if im still playing it...i guess it is worth it..if not...my suspicions are correct
but 2G's is just dumb..the GAME itself is barely that big...might as well put it on a ramdrive while yer at it

54. "improvements to binding" Jul 6, 2005, 19:50 subx

In their continuing quest to screw up the simple stuff, binding is still a mess. They have added a few of the previously hidden binds to the interface, but a bunch are still hidden. And some bright spark has moved the location of the crouch bind from one section of the config file to another, so it now shows as unbound in the interface and the key you previously had it bound to is unbindable, excellent.

So it's still off to the text editor if you want to set your keys up properly...

Not fixed that selecting the squad screen escapes you out of any chat text you happen to be writing, so don't bind this to a key you want to type with

Did everyone else's patch take ages to run too? If it hadn't been for my flickering HDD light I would have thought it'd crashed.

53. ASE working, burn in game browser, burn! Jul 6, 2005, 19:28 subx

Support for third party server browsers has apparently been "fixed". There's no official new filters for ASE yet, but someone has already done some:

http://www.udpsoft.com/forum/topic.cgi?forum=2&topic=2926

Works a treat, allowing you to forget that thing masquerading as a server browser in game.

52. geforce 4 Jul 6, 2005, 19:20 Buttercup

Is this the patch that makes it compatible with a GeForce 4? You know, the card that can run Doom 3, Half Life 2, and Far Cry, all of which look better than this anyway?

That's the biggest bug I'd like to see addressed. I know there are a lot of people very upset about this.

You're sittin' on a gold mine, Trebek!

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 19:20.

51. Crashing Jul 6, 2005, 19:18 Billy Bob

Every time I play now, it crashes after about 5 minutes. The screen just freezes up, and I have to hard reset. Never had that problem until this patch.
WTF!?
Anyone else getting this?

50. Re: BaSTARDS Jul 6, 2005, 19:10 Zephalephelah

venomhed said "PSS" & "nimwits".

So besides an abbreviation that means "Personal Statement Statement" & a word he made up that should be "dimwits", he thinks he's smarter than other people.

That's just great. I often wondered if people of below average intelligence believed that they were indeed smarter than average. Everyone believes that they have +100 IQ, but in order for such IQ scores logic insists that there must be less than 100 as well. I'd like to introduce venomhed, a stupid kid that thinks he is actually smart. Quite an exhibit at our zoo don't you think?

49. Re: Crashing Jul 6, 2005, 18:50 Hump

2. The weapons especially guns like the support weapons, spray all over the place and their tracers fly out at weird angles. They need an accuracy increase in order to hit something.

If you're talking about the heavy machine Guns like the S.A.W and/or PKM they're supposed to be wildly innaccurate unless you are in a prone or crouched position. It's done as a balance against their supposed extra stopping power but the problem is they just aren't that powerful. They need a slight damage increase.

now one weapon that is wildly inaccurate while standing thats not supposed to be is the medics upgraded rifle (I forgot the model designation). In semi-auto mode its great as a short range sniper rifle but on auto its almost useless unless you're right on top of your opponent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

48. No subject Jul 6, 2005, 18:50 xXBatmanXx

Server update (refresh) and loading of a map are 4x quicker for me. Very nice so far.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

67 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo