Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Demo

As promised, the Battlefield 2 demo is now available for download, offering the chance to sample the military shooter sequel from Digital Illusions (DICE). The demo offers the Gulf of Oman map, 16-player single player, and 16 and 32-player multiplayer support. The 547 MB download has debuted on GameSpot. The demo is now mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de (Germany), ActionTrip, Battlefield 2 Files, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), Download.com, eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), Filecloud (registration required), FileFront. Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, FZ.se, GameDaily, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Gaming4All (Germany), and Worthplaying.

View
447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

187. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 19:14 Tom

Ok, 12min round times is completely different from there being a 12min timelimit on the demo. Mad Max maybe you hsould be more clear next time eh?

Maybe you should use your brain next time. What did you think, that the demo would exit after 12 minutes and you'd have to restart it? Or perhaps your total playing time would be 12 minutes and then the thing would expire, leaving you with nothing to do but uninstall it?

Geez.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

186. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:12 xXBatmanXx

/edit: Hay guys, if you are having trouble playing, instead of bitching, maybe tone down the resolution a bit and crank that music and sound effects way down like you had to in BF1942. /edit done

It is funny to read the comments of complaints from the DEMO!
Do you guys realize this isn't the full game and the game is already stamped and on it's way to your favorite store?

Calm down, the demo is supposed to give you an IDEA of how the game will turn out.
Furthermore, praise whoever it is that decided to release a DEMO BEFORE THE GAME WAS RELEASED! It is upsetting to have a demo weeks and weeks after everyone is already playing.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.
This comment was edited on Jun 10, 19:18.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

185. Control scheme Jun 10, 2005, 19:10 CableGuy

Entering controls in this game is NO BETTER THAN BEFORE. It drives me up a fucking wall! Ok, how come I can have the mouse by default tilt copters, but I can't change that to making it turn (so I can use arrow keys to tilt), EVEN IF I CLEARED IT. And the whole "You already have this mapped" thing was moronic the first game around - they can't fix this? If I map a key to something else, CLEAR IT FROM WHERE IT WAS BEFORE. Like, y'know, every other game out there does? Is that so hard? Christ.

184. worked fine for me Jun 10, 2005, 19:09 Yutz

was fun, will take a little getting used to from desert combat
system specs in case yer wondering
p4 2.53
1.5gb ram
ati 9700pro

ran in 1024 768 with detail at medium jsut fine

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 19:09.

183. Nvidia 77.30? Jun 10, 2005, 19:08 necrosis

WTF? The game comes with newer drivers than the ones on nvidia's site? And it seams you **HAVE** to install the 77.30 drivers to play.

182. Re: Battlefield2 ? Jun 10, 2005, 19:05 Zephalephelah

What's Battlefield2 & how come there are so many responses?

181. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 19:02 Krovven

Ok, 12min round times is completely different from there being a 12min timelimit on the demo. Mad Max maybe you hsould be more clear next time eh?

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

180. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 19:00 TangledThorns

Ohhhh, yeah. That makes sense. Silly me. LOL

179. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 18:59 Mad Max RW

A mysterious case of constant stuttering is being reported everywhere.

My memory may have faded because I buried it so far in the back of my mind, but didn't the BF1942 demo suck all kinds of ass at release?

178. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 18:58 MeatForce

Relax.

This demo version of Battlefield 2 has the following limited feature set:

- Single Player Mode:
Gulf Of Oman, 16 player map
10 minute round time limit

- Multiplayer Mode:
Gulf Of Oman, 16 and 32 player maps
12 minute round time limit

- BFHQ:
Statistics, rankings and awards will not be recorded or awarded

There's a time limit on the ROUNDS of 10 mins and 12 mins for SP an MP respectively.

-----
I actually get paid for this..

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

177. 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 18:56 TangledThorns

Wow, EA is going to face a shitstorm if this turns out to be true!

176. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:56 DDI

YAY EA! Limberdicked cocksuckers!

175. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:54 Mad Max RW

I'm 100% serious. I remember reading it before the demo release, but it's been confirmed by several people.

What gets me is wasting over half a gig of my harddrive for 12 minutes of bleh. That's 11 minutes more than I spent on Pariah...

174. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:54 MeatForce

The demo doesn't even have the much touted commander mode.

Huh, what?

Isn't that kind of central to gameplay in this iteration? They did remember to actually include soldiers at least, didn't they??

-----
I actually get paid for this..

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

173. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:52 Krovven

Ha, I just realized there's a 12 minute time limit on the demo.

You can't be serious?

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

172. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:49 Mad Max RW

Ha, I just realized there's a 12 minute time limit on the demo. Someone will crack it eventually.

171. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:45 Mad Max RW

What you see at E3 and what is reality are so far apart they might as well be considered different games. The demo doesn't even have the much touted commander mode.

Still, there's a few more minutes until I can see for myself. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised for once. But I highly doubt it.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 18:47.

170. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:43 Da Stylin' Rastan

Early impressions throughout the web are really bad.
That's really surprising, because I was at E3 and the demo there was rock solid, and the only bugs I could find had to do with the map and commander mode, and they were both minor visual ones.

Damn the sardonic evils of the perpetual cynics, I had a blast playing it at E3 and I'm still looking forward to it

-DSR

169. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 18:41 xXBatmanXx

Was anyone able to get it from yousendit?
Maybe only 1 transfer at a time?
I dunno.
Mine is still uploading.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

168. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 18:39 Mad Max RW

Early impressions throughout the web are really bad. Lots of errors, crashing, doesn't look good, missing resolutions, totally unrealistic weapons (dozens of rounds to kill) etc, etc. I found a mirror and I'm downloading at around 500kb/sec, so I'll come back and rub it in everyone's faces after calling how bad this thing would be.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 18:41.

447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo