Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Demo

As promised, the Battlefield 2 demo is now available for download, offering the chance to sample the military shooter sequel from Digital Illusions (DICE). The demo offers the Gulf of Oman map, 16-player single player, and 16 and 32-player multiplayer support. The 547 MB download has debuted on GameSpot. The demo is now mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de (Germany), ActionTrip, Battlefield 2 Files, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), Download.com, eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), Filecloud (registration required), FileFront. Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, FZ.se, GameDaily, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Gaming4All (Germany), and Worthplaying.

View
447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

407. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2005, 01:16 MindTrigger

CS:S and BF2 are completely different games, and can't really be compared. I enjoy CS:S for some in-your-face battle, but BF2 reminds me of good old Tribes teamplay lovesauce.

---
Looking for BF2 clan

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

406. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2005, 00:49 Tumbler

Important question - is it fanboi-ism or fanboy-ism?

Fanboy-ism. You must not disturb the "source" word fanboy.
Pun intended.

Now one more bit at bad mouthing Valve and their "game". CS sucks ass because there is almost no spray on the weapons. You can run around the corner just and fire a sniper rifle and as long as your mouse cursor is over the enemy you'll hit him. LAME. Take that shit back to the console where it belongs. F-n valve and their CS. F OFF.

BF2!!!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

405. dbl post Jun 13, 2005, 00:49 Tumbler

dbl post

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 00:51.

404. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 23:34 Prez

Important question - is it fanboi-ism or fanboy-ism?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

403. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:44 nin

Kiss my Ass HL2. You ain't got nothing on this game. The DEMO get 400+ posts. THE DEMO. Better start advertising big time valve cause no one will remember your pathetic video card test after BF2 is released.

Tremble at the might of BF2.

Your fanboi-ism is positively frightening...

------------------------------------
GW: Nilaar Madalla, lvl 18 R/Mo

If you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be? http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

402. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:38 Tumbler

Kiss my Ass HL2. You ain't got nothing on this game. The DEMO get 400+ posts. THE DEMO. Better start advertising big time valve cause no one will remember your pathetic video card test after BF2 is released.

Tremble at the might of BF2.

401. No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:36 xXBatmanXx

damn. 401.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

400. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:01 MindTrigger

Oh.. and 400

---
America, FXXK YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother fXXking day yeah!

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

399. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 18:01 MindTrigger

This game straight up rocks. I hope id takes note of this while they are designing team based play in ET:QW. I wasn't sure a few days ago if I would buy this. Now I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun playing online in a coupl years.

Just fix all the menu bugs and layout, and it will be golden.
I can't wait to see more maps.

---
America, FXXK YEAH!

--

398. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 17:45 Ghostwicked

I passed your email along Prez  

397. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 17:44 MindTrigger

More problems with the config menu..

Accidentally hitting the escape key while playing the game can cause the game to crash/lock. Have to kill the task.

---
America, FXXK YEAH!

--

396. No subject Jun 12, 2005, 17:18 Prez

I'm gonna get an answer for you Prez for a contact. I'm in a clan called MWK (Married With Kids). When I get a response, I'll let you know.

Awesome! I would love to be part of a less formal clan. Actually, I would love to be in any clan... I'm so lonely.

email: prezioso@earthlink.net

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

395. Just downloaded the demo Jun 12, 2005, 17:02 mbmonk

I am going to take the SP part for a spin.

Machine:
P4 2.8
512Ram (getting a gig stick Monday)
9600PRO

Hope it's all I have hoped for

post 395

394. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 14:46  famished 

and are constantly looking away from the keyboard to listen to his wife's boring stories or childrens' nonsensical ramblings?

lol. GF's can also pose this problem. Though I would assume to a lesser extent.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 14:50.

393. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 13:52 Ghostwicked

I'm gonna get an answer for you Prez for a contact. I'm in a clan called MWK (Married With Kids). When I get a response, I'll let you know.  

392. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 13:17 MindTrigger

Guys,

I noticed the server browser problem too. What's happening is that it's updating all those 0 ping servers with the correct pings. It's slowing down the whole list, so while it's updating VERY SLOWLY, it doesn't scroll very well.

I've also had a problem with it NOT recovering from this, and it was unable to get the correct pings. Most of the servers stayed at 0 ping. I had to quit the game and go back in to clear it.

You know, I'm having a lot of fun playing the game. It's a blast. But haven't game designer's mastered the freaking menus, server browsers, and config screens by now? I mean damn with all the new gaming tech and as many games as have been made, you would think the menu system would be the easiest part of developement, once the parameters are defined. It just seems ludicrous to me that the menus in this game can be so completely retarded and broken.

---
America, FXXK YEAH!

--

391. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 12:59 Beamer

In-game browser blows. It takes me forever to scroll past all the 0 pings. I don't know what a 0 means, even.

I'm not a fan of clans, either. I don't play consistently, and I have no interest in adding someone else's letters to my own name.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

390. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 11:21 Prez

Anyone want to start a clan for old married guys who only can play an hour a day, never at the same time every day, suck really bad, have the reflexes and coordination of a pregnant yak, and are constantly looking away from the keyboard to listen to his wife's boring stories or childrens' nonsensical ramblings? If someone makes a clan like this, I'll join.

- Mahatma Gandhi

389. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 10:01  famished 

What's up with the server browser slowness? I try and use the scroll bar and it takes about 10 seconds to make one update.

[edit] Spelling badness.
This comment was edited on Jun 12, 14:57.

388. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2005, 07:35  famished 

Ok stupid question from me. Cannot connect to multiplayer as it says I'm not actually online (even though I am). I did however not install gamespy. Is that a requirement?

[edit] Nevermind, it was my firewall settings.
This comment was edited on Jun 12, 09:13.

447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo