Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Demo

As promised, the Battlefield 2 demo is now available for download, offering the chance to sample the military shooter sequel from Digital Illusions (DICE). The demo offers the Gulf of Oman map, 16-player single player, and 16 and 32-player multiplayer support. The 547 MB download has debuted on GameSpot. The demo is now mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de (Germany), ActionTrip, Battlefield 2 Files, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), Download.com, eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), Filecloud (registration required), FileFront. Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, FZ.se, GameDaily, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Gaming4All (Germany), and Worthplaying.

View
447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

207. Re: Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 19:57 pob

"it wont let me play with my geforce Ti. Help "

the readme file says they're not supported..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

206. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:57 eunichron

When I set dynamic shadows to 'high' the shadows were all represented as giant black squares. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm using a 6600 GT.
Using a 6800 Ultra and I have no graphical problems at all (other than the initial issues from having to install the included Nvidia drivers).

So far, no game-breaking bugs. I was able to play for an hour straight without any crashes or errors. Even the single player AI seems vastly improved. Performance in single player is excellent (I'm running maxed settings, 1152x768 res [seems to be the max res that game supports by default], high quality sound). Multiplayer performance looks like it needs work (lots of lag/latency issues, same ones that plagued 1942 at release).

Other than that, the people here calling it a POS and a failure probably didn't even load it up.

205. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:57 Sty

Maybe you should upgrade your computer...

HA! For a $50 game? Sorry, but some of us can't justify spending $1000+ at the drop of a hat for entertainment. Thanks but I'll stick with the pre-order cancel.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

204. Re: Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 19:56 Xenopulse

I think we Ti owners are screwed. Don't meet the minimums.

203. Re: Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 19:54 poisonspider

it wont let me play with my geforce Ti. Help

202. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 19:52 Mad Max RW

Uninstalling now.

I think those 2 words sum up how I feel about this game. The stuttering is awful. AWFUL. I've never seen anything like it. The graphics are passable. Sound kinda ok. Gameplay very bland. But the stuttering killed it for me. And I know it's not my machine's fault because 1) I more than meet the recommended requirements and have 2 fucking gigs of RAM, and 2) Everybody is complaining about the same thing.

Not being able to skip the 5 minute EA clip show gets more and more annoying each time you have to restart the game after changing resolutions. Ate up about 20 minutes for me.

Configuring controls couldn't have been a bigger pain in the ass. You'll know what I mean when you get there. No ability to clear settings. It sucks.

Load time is insanely long. Sometimes it'll randomly hang. Not even Far Cry unpatched was this bad.

I probably missed a lot because I didn't play very long. 2 rounds was enough to determine it's crap.

201. Re: Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 19:50  Sean 

Oooh.....please count the bugs. I'd love to hear about them.

200. Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 19:49 sinner's saint

We waited 3-4 years for an incremental upgrade. Wow. Plus too many bugs to count, fanboys must be disappointed. I give it a C+

199. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:49  Sean 

You have to get the latest Nvidia drivers that came with the demo.

198. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:48 Hunterzyph

"Fuck, guess I'll go cancel my preorder then."

Maybe you should upgrade your computer...

197. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 19:45 CR0C0

The game is great I did have to install the Nvidia drivers included with the game in order to get the graphics to work right though. After I did that it runs great and looks great.

196. Re: Demo up on YouSendIt Jun 10, 2005, 19:42 HellSlayer

Hey its a demo anuses! ITs a demo......AHHHH DEMO! you like what you see buy the damn game and stop whinning about 12 mins this 12 mins that! There are shit faces still playing the shareware version of quake. You know why? No time limit! Free! buy the damn game you cheap mothers! Ok i feel better:)

o0

195. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:41 Sty

That's a helluva change in minimum requirements. Here's the old ones (from when I pre-ordered).

Minimum Requirements:
Windows XP (Win 2000 and WinME not supported)
Pentium 4 1.2 GHz CPU with 256 MB RAM
GeForce 3 (64 MB RAM) video card with DirectX 9 support
Broadband Internet connection
DVD-ROM drive.

And now:

Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 Mb of RAM

Fuck, guess I'll go cancel my preorder then.

You know selling dlc before you patch the client doesn't impress upon me the need to support your shit. -massdev

194. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:27 Elf Shot The Food

When I set dynamic shadows to 'high' the shadows were all represented as giant black squares. Did this happen to anyone else? I'm using a 6600 GT.

193. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 19:26 SquirrelZero

It is funny to read the comments of complaints from the DEMO!
Do you guys realize this isn't the full game and the game is already stamped and on it's way to your favorite store?

Calm down, the demo is supposed to give you an IDEA of how the game will turn out.

Wait a second. Wouldn't it be equally as funny to read mind-numbing praise about the demo then, too? I hate to say it man, but that post is highly contradictory. If the idea the demo gives you is that the game is a pile of crap, it's wrong to have that idea? But it's ok if the demo gives you the idea that the game is great? I doubt you would be telling people to "calm down" if they were posting praise instead.

192. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 19:25 Tom

Maybe you should stop being a dumbass troll and use your own brain. There are demos that do this. And he said "there is a 12 min timelimit on the demo". He said nothing about rounds.

I knew they had impremented a round system but didnt know how long it was or I might have put the two together. Now do you care to actually contribute to this thread or you just going to be an asshole?

Heh, I kinda figured you wouldn't take too kindly to that. But really, this demo is a big one, the most significant demo in awhile. Lots of people have been frothing at the mouth for it. Don't you think the outcry would be pretty big if they limited it to 12 minutes total? Would it buy them anything? And what MULTIPLAYER demos have exited or expired after a short time period like 12 minutes?

191. Re: Control scheme Jun 10, 2005, 19:20 Krovven

If I map a key to something else, CLEAR IT FROM WHERE IT WAS BEFORE. Like, y'know, every other game out there does? Is that so hard? Christ.

Have you not played BF1942 or BFV?
There are different control schemes for Infantry, Land vehicles and Air vehicles. It is a necessity to be able to bind multiple controls to one button.

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

190. Re: 12 Minutes? Jun 10, 2005, 19:18 Krovven

Maybe you should use your brain next time. What did you think, that the demo would exit after 12 minutes and you'd have to restart it?

Maybe you should stop being a dumbass troll and use your own brain. There are demos that do this. And he said "there is a 12 min timelimit on the demo". He said nothing about rounds.

I knew they had impremented a round system but didnt know how long it was or I might have put the two together. Now do you care to actually contribute to this thread or you just going to be an asshole?

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

189. GF Ti 4600 Jun 10, 2005, 19:17 necrosis

FUCK YOU EA/DICE! OMFG! This card plays DOOM III fine and I can't play this stupid demo with it? You have got to be shitting me?!

188. Re: Control scheme Jun 10, 2005, 19:16 DDI

If I map a key to something else, CLEAR IT FROM WHERE IT WAS BEFORE. Like, y'know, every other game out there does? Is that so hard? Christ.

Every other game doesn't do that infact its maybe 50/50. Some people like having seperate actions mapped to the same key.

447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo