Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Demo

As promised, the Battlefield 2 demo is now available for download, offering the chance to sample the military shooter sequel from Digital Illusions (DICE). The demo offers the Gulf of Oman map, 16-player single player, and 16 and 32-player multiplayer support. The 547 MB download has debuted on GameSpot. The demo is now mirrored on 3D Downloads, 3D Gamers, 4players.de (Germany), ActionTrip, Battlefield 2 Files, Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games (Romania), Download.com, eXtreme-Players.de (Germany), Filecloud (registration required), FileFront. Filerush (torrent), FileShack (registration required), Fragland.net, FZ.se, GameDaily, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, Gaming4All (Germany), and Worthplaying.

View
447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

247. Cat's out of the bag Jun 10, 2005, 21:16 Da Stylin' Rastan

Here you go loyalites:

http://apelint.xclan.org/~sliver/Battlefield_2_Demo.exe

This server takes about 20 seconds to connect to (looks like it's on an artificial wait timer) but I got 4Mb/s off it.

Hope that helps for getting the demo. Good Luck!

-DSR <--- I <3 BF2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

246. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:09 SquirrelZero

2. You would all complain if someone gave you a million dollars for free cause they didn't give you a blowjob also.
3. Doesn't work this doesn't work that. It does, otherwise they would not have made it. Maybe you have a piece of shit PC. For those saying, "I have other games that work great" - well you know what, all games EXCEPT for Doom 3 work on my pc. I really don't care.
4. Loosen up those pink panties and just let people try the demo out. Good lord.
6. If you are just going to bitch about how bad it is, what is the point in wasting your time? Shut up at turn on your upload speed for torrent so others can try.

You're right, Batman. After reading that i should have not referred to you as "asshole," but rather the bubbly bundle of love that you really are. I sincerely apologize.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 21:09.

245. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:06 Krovven

Well just played 1 single player game. Plays fantastic, but I have a "cats pajamas" machine, so I expected it to run well.

I've got everything on High AA 4x, 1280x960 @ 85hz. Is there a way to turn on a FPS display?

It's going to take getting used to having to hit people in the head more than once to get a kill (used to CSS).
So far the majority of the problems Ive seen are in the control setup. After trying a few more single player games I'll jump into MP and see how it is.

Lets try and keep things civil, even if you are having problems. The thread was doing so well until around the 200 post mark.

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

244. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:06 xXBatmanXx

Was that meant to be an insult? Obviously you clicked on my name and automatically assumed you knew everything about me after what, a whole 5 seconds on our website? Bravo! Anyway. I see you're ready to turn this into full-on flamewar status. Sorry bud, but i won't bite. Please resume your trolling.

Who called who asshole?
You are funny.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

243. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:05 SquirrelZero

Was that meant to be an insult? Obviously you clicked on my name and automatically assumed you knew everything about me after what, a whole 5 seconds on our website? Bravo! Anyway. I see you're ready to turn this into full-on flamewar status. Sorry bud, but i won't bite. Please resume your trolling.

242. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:04 Hump

i'm quite interested to hear from the person who saw the key config screen, used it, and said:

"yep people, this works a treat! its totally functional with great ergonomics! release it already!!"

its shockingly bad.

I have to agree with this. There really is no excuse for something so basic to be so poorly implemented.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

241. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:01 Krovven

a) Complaints about the demo are valid, even if you dont want to agree with them.

b) The demo was put together AFTER the game shipped for mastering. So I fully expect the bugs that I (and others) see will be present in the full product.

Changing the controls is a bit of a PITA. X and Left shift cant be changed in the Common Controls because their are "invisible" key binds in Helicopter and Boat configs. This is stupid. I liked the old control setup system (BF42 and BFV) where you could setup the controls any way you want, but you couldn't save it until you got rid of any conflicts. The letters were highlighted in red if there was a conflict.

And where the hell do you change your online name? I can't find it anywhere. So I assume I have to make a new profile and change my controls again? Dumb.

Now it's time to finally play the game.

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

240. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 21:01 pob

i'm quite interested to hear from the person who saw the key config screen, used it, and said:

"yep people, this works a treat! its totally functional with great ergonomics! release it already!!"

its shockingly bad.

239. Yay Red Stripe! Jun 10, 2005, 20:59 Hump

Perfomance on the demo for me is quite good. Certainly miles better than BF42 and infinitely better than BF:V.

I have a moderate system with a P4 2.8, 1 gig of RAM and a nvidia 6600GT 128mb vid card. Standard cable service rounds out my online component.

One thing you guys need to remember, and its been mentioned already but its VERY important: There are MANY people running large games off their desktop PC with a totally inadequate connection simply because they are a.)impatient and b.)idiots.

Take your time choosing a good server and once you do, mark it so you'll know to go back to it later. The "Gamecenter" servers are excellent as its Gamespots own hosted servers in which they were fully prepared to have the game up and running properly.

god almighty this game rocks.

*whips out debit card and heads off to EB.com*

Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers
This comment was edited on Jun 10, 21:02.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

238. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:58 xXBatmanXx

You mean that? You think that counts? You really think that excuses you from being an asshole two posts later? Ok then.

WOOOOHOOO! I MADE ASSHOLE STATUS!

Dude. Get real.

Get off of Bluesnews and get back to your desk and work on your games that have issues. Maybe you could tie up some bugs YOU guys routinley have.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

237. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:55 SquirrelZero

Hay guys, if you are having trouble playing, instead of bitching, maybe tone down the resolution a bit and crank that music and sound effects way down like you had to in BF1942

You mean that? You think that counts? You really think that excuses you from being an asshole two posts later? Ok then.

236. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:53 xXBatmanXx

Please name a DEMO that was the cat's pajamas, and then sucked royal ass when it was stamped.

I will then rethink my position.

/edit: On top of that. Someone said the readme wasn't availble until AFTER the download. I posted it within 5 minutes from the download site that specifically said what cards WOULD and WOULD NOT work.

It is not my fault people don't look before they jump.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 20:54.

235. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:52 Holy_Man

Hey, just adding my voice to the choir - I've got a Ti4600 and it isn't working for me either. Add me to the cancelled preorders list =\

234. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:52 Parallax Abstraction

Check the posts. NOOCH!

Smoochy, boochy noochies!

Jay rules.

Parallax Abstraction
Founder of StateOfGaming.org - Coming Soon
Commentary & Discussion About the Video Game Industry and Its Future

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

233. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:52 xXBatmanXx

If you're not willing to help figure out why, how about you shut up instead?

I did.

Check the posts. NOOCH!

232. Re: Mediocre Jun 10, 2005, 20:49 poisonspider

i know but wtf!?! i play more graphically intense games then stupid battlefield with it this is retarted. support it or fucking die.

i was mainly just hoping for some work around. i dont know i was hoping to get lucky

231. Re: torrent link Jun 10, 2005, 20:48  Blue 

Please don't post links to sources that also openly carry illegal materials.

Thanks.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

230. Re: No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:48 SquirrelZero

You are an extremely confused person Batman. First, you don't know the definition of a fanboy, because you used it in the opposite context of its definition. In fact, one might be able to apply the word to you in this situation.

When shit doesn't work right, you say something. When you feel a game doesn't play well, you say something. When something doesn't live up to its hype (and it rarely does), you say something. Such is life. If the game runs flawlessly for you, more power to ya! But if it doesn't for others, what does that have to do with you? If you're not willing to help figure out why, how about you shut up instead? Don't like me telling you that? I guess you understand the feeling now.

By the way, Doom works fine for me. Weird.

229. torrent link Jun 10, 2005, 20:46 Koshmar

my bad, i saw another torrent link to pirate bay earlier, didn't mean to break any rules
post 75 to be exact
This comment was edited on Jun 10, 20:58.

228. No subject Jun 10, 2005, 20:42 xXBatmanXx

From YOU SEND IT:
We've stored your file on our server and sent your recipient an email with instructions for retrieving it. The file will be available for 7 days or a limited number of downloads.

The first one to e-mail me (probably will happen within 5 minutes, so don't send me a ton of e-mail) I will send it to. I suggest whoever gets the link, to pass it on when they are done. Hopefully we can get 3-4 people to get a successful download.

Keep me updated.

Batman_Geek (AT) hotmail

447 Replies. 23 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo