Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm trying to keep the impending release of the Battlefield 2 demo out of the forefront of my mind to try and avoid getting impatient, but the closer it gets, the harder it becomes to quell a sense of anticipation. I really hope they achieve the better vehicle balance that's been discussed... My own preference would is to be able to play without even hooking up a joystick. I guess we'll see about that soon enough.

Links, the Universe, and Everything! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Play Time: McNutty QuakeQuiz.
Links of the Day: The Movie Trailer Generator. Thanks Randy.
Oilcomputer.com. Thanks Devster.
Stories of the Day: Mason man bowls for days, breaks record for charity.
Student fined £80 for making “homophobic comments” to a police horse. Thanks Compfused.
Australian customs hear fishy noises, nab woman.
Science! Researchers: Dolphins use sponges as tools. ...and thanks for all the fish.
Revolutionary Water Breathing System (thanks Warren) and Invention Allows Humans to Breathe Like Fish.
Stalking a Killer That Lurks a Few Feet Offshore (registration required). I was saved from one of these as a kid.
Image of the Day: Rapid afterimage.
Media of the Day: iRock.
Follow-ups: World scientists urge CO2 action.
Quick action may head off global epidemic.
No human clones this century - stem cell expert.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Gah!!! Jun 8, 2005, 16:47 Yosemite Sam

What systems are you guys running GTA:SA on? Is it a system hog or is it acceptable?

I'm running on a hyperthreading 3.0 with a radeon 9800pro all settings at max except for AA. Runs smooth so I would imagine it will run on a lesser system and it will run better with a Nvidia card too as its based on opengl.

I had no problems with beach dancing thing, did it first try. I also did it using the WASD keys, I found the lowrider competition harder as I had to use the numerical key pad for the one.

Got hitman AK skills lots of heads exploding now. Come on you gansta mutha fuckers, try and take my turf, this is grove st turf and AK's rule here.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Senior Creston... Jun 8, 2005, 12:11 Creston

and the one with smoke on the back of the bike shooting the Vato's off the Train were a pain in the ass

You're in the wrong position if that mission is tough. If you are too close to the train, smoke hits the train, not the vatos on top of it. You need to move as far to the right, away from the train, as possible (ride besides the rail, but still on the gravel).

If you do it that way, smoke will kill them before the train even leaves the tunnel.
Alternatively, you come across a bridge at one point that crosses the railroad track (just after the tunnel).
With a bit of a timed jump, you can simply jump ONTO the train, and then it becomes REALLY easy to kill the gangers

Creston

55. Re: Senior Creston... Jun 8, 2005, 10:28 The Half Elf

I finally got it done on the 4th try. I was soooooo ready to bash my keyboard in, especially (reason my Zboard will arrive tomorrow) is that the arrow keys on the keyboard stick a little bit cause I've never used them before. Was really pissed I couldn't use the ones on the keypad with numlock on or off.

That Dance mission and the one with smoke on the back of the bike shooting the Vato's off the Train were a pain in the ass, but other missions like Stealing Mad Doggs Ryhms were a breeze. (except for the fact the game crashed after the introduction to the next mission for OC Loc.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

54. ....uhm... Jun 8, 2005, 10:16 wasrad

Are there any websites that are a internet browser in itself?

There was one a while back that hid your IP and all that....I dont care about being anonymous but Im having issues with the browser Im using...long story....

53. Re: Senior Creston... Jun 8, 2005, 10:14 Creston

Is there any way to skip the OG Burger Guy's Mission involving the beach dancing thing.
As my only major bitch/moan/complaint against Vice City was the mission you had to fly the RC Copter into the building to blow it up, this dance dance revolution one on the beach has become the bain of my existance in SA.

HELP ME CRESTON FER THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!

No, that's one of the main mission lines so you have to do it. The weird thing is, I've seen many people complaining about it, and yet I've done that mission four times and never failed.

I don't know how the timing is on the PC version, but in the PS2 version, I noticed that the best result would happen if you hit the button just a fraction of a second before the button showed up in the "Hit now" area (if that makes sense).
So basically, by jumping the gun a bit on your button presses.

Other than that, it's just coordination. Also, if you miss a key, don't panic, jump a few keystrokes ahead in the queue, and wait for that one to come up. You don't have to be perfect, but if you try "catch up", you will fuck up for a good ten seconds or so. Just skip a few seconds (basically letting CJ stand still) and pick it up again later.

It's really not that hard of a mission...

Hope that helps.

Creston

52. Re: Help - Q3 won't run Jun 8, 2005, 10:08 Creston

crispy,

I didn't get a chance to check my email last night, sorry about that. I definitely will tonight...

Creston

51. Re: Gah!!! Jun 8, 2005, 10:07 Creston

Got into Ammunation for the first time and spent 5 mins just listening to the radio advertising they were doing

It's the ammu-nation's endangered species BBQ!

Creston

50. Re: Gah!!! Jun 8, 2005, 09:55 The Half Elf

I've been running on the following system.

Athlon 64 3200
1 Gig Corsair (insert really good technical term here for DDR Ram that I can't remember)
Nvidia 6800 GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2

And at running 1240x1078x32 with 4x AA and AF, everything turned to high (except the ingame AA which can only be set to 3 and causes some issues). The game runs beautfully.

But honestly the best part of the entire GTA franchise has been the DJ's Radio Talk Show Hosts and the Commercials.

Got into Ammunation for the first time and spent 5 mins just listening to the radio advertising they were doing. LOL. But I'd give anything to just outright shoot Officer Tenpenny. Samuel Jackson/Mace Windu or not, he really knows how to voice a bad guy.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

49. Re: Gah!!! Jun 8, 2005, 03:37 Tango

What systems are you guys running GTA:SA on? Is it a system hog or is it acceptable?

48. Re: gta sa sound Jun 8, 2005, 01:47 Yosemite Sam

Meh I have run into the sound cutting out and having to reload the game to fix it. On another note I have found a way to quickly reset the view to directly behind the car. When your view wonders just tap the Q or E keys.

Funny thing happened, I'm on a mission with Ryder, I'm driving a forklift and hes guarding. The stupid idiot jacks me for the forklift halfway though the mission, that homie has got to lay off the weed.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

47. To the guy concerned about QIII Jun 7, 2005, 23:08 fomit

I got it to run on mv nvidia geforce go 6600 at 1024x768. It wouldn't run at 1280x1024.

46. Senior Creston... Jun 7, 2005, 22:48 The Half Elf

Is there any way to skip the OG Burger Guy's Mission involving the beach dancing thing.
As my only major bitch/moan/complaint against Vice City was the mission you had to fly the RC Copter into the building to blow it up, this dance dance revolution one on the beach has become the bain of my existance in SA.

HELP ME CRESTON FER THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY!

45. Re: Gah!!! Jun 7, 2005, 20:50 Yosemite Sam

Did you try ' v ' to switch to different camera views?
I can't figure out how to get my own music to play anyone figure that out?

OK figured out the music thing, I was looking in the install dir and its located in documents and settings area.

FYI if anyone is interested I found armour and an AK.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 21:53.

44. Re: Gah!!! Jun 7, 2005, 20:29 The Half Elf

Yeah I agree Halsey Haven't major issues with it 'resetting' to the low behind the car view. Hopefully it's modable in one of the files.

43. Re: Gah!!! Jun 7, 2005, 20:21 Halsy

Yeah I figured it out, but I don't like it at all. The camera is to slow and too low following the car around. I hope they get a patch so the camera works like Vice City.

I still keep losing sound on occassion too forcing me to quit and reload, grrr.

"....and goddamit tuck up those pajamas!"
- Neidermeyer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

42. Re: Gah!!! Jun 7, 2005, 20:02 Yosemite Sam

How do I keep the camera locked behind me so when I turn the camera turns with me on foot and driving. I don't like having to swing it around to follow me.

In options turn driving with mouse on, then view follows you while walking. When driving do not touch the mouse and view will remain locked.

41. Re: Woot Jun 7, 2005, 19:38 The Half Elf

I've had some problems with sound crackling, with my Audigy 2, but nothing consistant or interfearing with the gameplay. Also had some problems with models being all black during cutscenes when they are in dark/shadow'd areas. And one really funky video glitch at CJ's house, I walked up the game console and the entire screen went white except the outter ring of the radar. (figured it must have been a PS2 lol)

40. Woot Jun 7, 2005, 19:09 Yosemite Sam

Got the last copy in the store, woot. Installing ... city guide is sweet, when every other company is giving less and lees content with their games rockstar puts this sweet package together, rock on rockstar.

EDIT and it was only $39 dollars, canadian, sweet.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 19:10.

39. Re: Gah!!! Jun 7, 2005, 18:30 Halsy

Anyone else getting some sound problems? I get some crackling when going through options and I lost sound on the streets - but the radio still works in cars. Gonna load up my last save and see if sound comes back.

"....and goddamit tuck up those pajamas!"
- Neidermeyer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

38. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 18:23 fomit

If you need help with anything (quests, missions, etc) let me know. I had been keeping pace with the rest of the group but decided that my R/Me build wasn't for me, so I've started a E/Mo. I'll probably make it post-searing tonight, though I want to finish some of the early quests up first.

Thanks for the offer. I may play a little tonight and probably tomorrow. I'm thinking of doing a Ranger for my second profession. You know, keepin' it real by summoning creatures and shit.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo