Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - US FlatOut

Empire Interactive announces that the U.S. edition of FlatOut is gold, and that Bugbear's racing game, already available in Europe, should arrive in U.S. stores on July 12 for all three target systems:

Empire Interactive, a U.K. computer games developer and publisher, today announced that FlatOut? has gone gold. The over-the-top racing game, distributed by Vivendi Universal Games in the U.S., will hit retail shelves this July.

FlatOut brings racing mayhem to a new level with 36 challenging tracks, fully destructible environments, 16 fully upgradeable cars and six death-defying bonus events. Anything destroyed or altered stays a part of the race – broken fences, free rolling tires, and even mangled parts of cars are left scattered around the track, increasing the carnage with every lap. Drivers will even be thrown from crashing cars!

The chaos continues off the classic track in three destruction derby arenas, three head-on collision dirt tracks and six outrageous “Rag Doll Olympics” bonus games that utilize driver ejection to the fullest.

FlatOut will be available on July 12th for PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox™ videogame system from Microsoft and the PC. Drivers will be able to compete online with up to six players on PlayStation 2 and up to eight players on Xbox.

For more information and to experience the rush of FlatOut first hand, visit: www.flatoutgame.com.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2005, 06:26  famished 

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. First fun racing game I had played in while (at least on pc). Brushing by some objects to top up the nitro was a little bit of an exploit, but nevertheless fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Nice Demo Jun 4, 2005, 01:41 MrJonesPY

I tryied the demo and it is a great game! Very nice graphics and phisics. All objects have phisics!
Now I only need to improve my driving skills, so I don't end up last always

12. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 21:14 Hump

I picked this up several months ago at Gogamer.com (as an import) and had a great time with it. unfortunately theres was no online mode so the replay value is limited. Also, the mini-games, while looking fun, fall flat pretty quickly.

Still a good buy for the racing though

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 21:06 Core9

When I first played this, I thought it was kinda fun, but I didn't really get hooked on it at first. But then I got a gamepad, played it a little more, upgraded my car etc, then after playing a while I got used to the driving physics and using my new gamepad and suddenly the game became alot of fun. Now I keep going back to play it. One thing I like about having all the physics and the objects littering the track is that no two races are ever the same. Hell sometimes after a couple after a couple of laps I'll slow down and let the other cars pass just to watch them crash through some road trash.. Once this car was about to pass me but hit a telephone pole at just the right angle, driver got ejected, flew through the air and landed on my hood as I went by! It's probably good that there's no blood in the game because the crashes look painful, in a kinda comical way. So if it's serious racing games you like, then this might not be for you. I thought it was a fun racer, oh and if you crash or get behind, just crash through some signs or something, the bigger the better, some will give you full nitro, then use it to catch up.

10. Re: Physics Jun 3, 2005, 20:44 Elf Shot The Food

I liked trying to clear the bar in that one demo level.

9. Physics Jun 3, 2005, 19:34 Cyfun

There are several patches out there that change the game physics to be more realistic, and therefore better. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the US PC version cause I already got a European copy, but I am looking forward to the Xbox version.

8. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 19:17 Nachoman

Disappointing game. Nice graphics and physics, but once the novelty wears off you're left with a substandard racing game.

The driving mechanics are terrible, it just feels totally wrong. The handling is awful at slow speeds which pretty much eliminates you from the race if you crash - annoying, since that is supposed to be the main part of the game!

Lots of potential for this game, but it fell short imo.

7. Jeese Jun 3, 2005, 18:58 wtf_man

This is actually one of the better games available and people here still bitch.

No, it's not a hardcore racing sim. It's not supposed to be.

Jeese, some of you people need to lighten up. And I thought I was a harsh critic of modern PC games.

6. Re: Undercooked Jun 3, 2005, 18:43 Sugarman

You can download a patch that allows you to enable or disable the driver from flying through the windshield "windscreen for you european types". Try www.flatouthq.com, they have a few mods and patches over there. The game was still fun as hell though playing with 6 people on a lan. Not for you true sim types but if your looking to have fun smashing things up its quite fun.

5. Undercooked Jun 3, 2005, 17:15 MxxCon

this game was supposed to have a story mode but was completly cut ship asap.
and car central axis pivot point is really sucky physics..very unrealistic.
"rag doll" physics are exactly that..your driver looks and behave like a ragdoll and not a human.

4. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 17:06 asrof

It's alright, but the hype made it sound so great. The graphics are pretty good, but the physics is all just gimmicky. The driving is about average for an arcade racing game.

It did run pretty good on my fairly old system though so that was a plus.

Oh and the driver flying out thing, is really just stupid, all it does is remind you how unrealistic the physics seem and how bad of an idea it is to race in cars without seatbelts. And I'm aware it's possible to go through your windshield but the way it happens in this game just seems really cheesy and forced, but apparently someone thought it was a great gameplay addition.

Overall it's a pretty decent arcade racer and there haven't been many out lately, I just thought the tracks get kind of boring and nothing really stands out.

3. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

Game WAS awesome.

Played through the Euro version many months ago.
For those of you who didn't get it already, and you enjoy a good fun racing game, I would pick it up!

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

2. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 16:26 jimnms

I played the demo when it came out, what a let down. I didn't find the physics all that it was hyped up to be. The damage is only for looks. After the first lap every car is smashed and missing every body panel, engine on fire and still racing around at 100+ MPH.

MeanJim on Steam

1. Great game Jun 3, 2005, 15:47 Bludd

I played the european PC version and it's great. Nice physics, good driving model and fun gameplay. It's a bit of a let-down that the customizations you can make to your car doesn't really change its appearance that much, though.

Lovely game.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo