Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 2 Demo Plans

The Electronic Arts Australia Messageboards (thanks Battlefield Nation and Frans) has word on plans to release an official Battlefield 2 demo in over a week:

Official Battlefield 2 Demo

Although final dates for the Battlefield 2 demo have not been locked down we understand we will be allowed to make it available in little over a week.

Once again these features are not 100% final but the demo will contain:

One map
    16-player single player
    16 and 32-player multiplayer
    Time limit per round

View
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

73. Re: No subject Jun 9, 2005, 14:50 Corn Wizard

Here is where to look for the demo - it says soon... (for free too)

http://www.gamespot.com/promos/bf2demo.html

BTW
The Dice website info posted is from 1/05 - below is from EA's site as of 5/05

Electronic Arts Increases Stake in Digital Illusions to 67.8%

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 19, 2005--In the period following the close of the acceptance period for Electronic Arts EA Holding AB's ("EA") offer to the shareholders of Digital Illusions CE AB (publ) ("DICE") on January 20, 2005, 807,428 DICE shares have been sold to EA in the market.

EA now controls a total of 6,852,148 shares, representing 67.8% of the outstanding capital and votes in DICE. On a fully diluted basis, assuming EA exercises its warrant to purchase 2,327,602 additional shares priced at SEK 47.23, this corresponds to 73.8% of the outstanding capital and votes.

Electronic Arts EA Holding AB
Johanneslundsvagen 2
SE-194 61 Upplands Vasby
Reg. no 556665-7093

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts (EA) (NASDAQ:ERTS), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for videogame systems, personal computers and the Internet. Electronic Arts markets its products under four brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA(TM), EA SPORTS BIG(TM) and POGO(TM). In fiscal 2005, EA posted revenues of $3.1 billion and had 31 titles that sold more than one million copies. EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

Jeff Brown, 650-628-7922
or
EA Europe
Tiffany Steckler, +44(0)1932 450703

SOURCE: Electronic Arts

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 14:54.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Gamespot Exclusive? Jun 7, 2005, 23:44 Xoxotl

According to Battlefield Nation (http://www.bfnation.net/), it seems that the demo may be releases exclusively on GameSpot's GameCenter service (available to GameSpot Complete subscribers). God, I hope note. I can't stand GameSpot.

EDIT: Grammer.
This comment was edited on Jun 7, 23:46.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

71. No subject Jun 7, 2005, 17:41 mpratt

"Let's just hope EA dont streamline/restructure DICE in the future"

Um too late, they just gave the pole to the Desert Combat team....

70. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 07:59 Bumble

I didnt realise EA had the majority either...

Let's just hope EA dont streamline/restructure DICE in the future... I hate it when big corporations buy out unique and diverse companies such as DICE...
Then use their 'business expertise' to make them more profitable.

Large corporations so often dilute such qualities.

Cant wait for demo though!!!!!

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 08:01.

69. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2005, 17:56 Tumbler

As per the DICE website,

http://global.dice.se/finance/owners/

EA owns 40.88% of DICE, if you wouldn't mind explaining to me how that equates to them owning dice?

Update: Hmm upon further investigation (reading the second line...) I see that EA owns another 18% under another company. I'm not certain the difference between A and B in their breakdown, mabye similar to A, B, and C shares for mutual funds over here.

Funny I swear I read an artilce recently that said DICE had chosen not to allow EA to buy them.

Oh well, BF2 is going to rock.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 18:27.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

68. No subject Jun 4, 2005, 11:42 mpratt

"EA does not own DICE."

Yes they do dumb ass.

67. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 16:32 xXBatmanXx

+1 for teh funni rock climber.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

66. Re: EA=RUN AWAY Jun 3, 2005, 16:17 MindTrigger

You eat pieced of shit for breakfast?

NoO!

---
America, FXXK YEAH!
Coming again, to save the mother fXXking day yeah!

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

65. Re: EA=RUN AWAY Jun 3, 2005, 14:00 Sepharo

If anything was a hot chick... I'd have sex with it. This is sort of ridiculous... It's either one or the other.

"MAN IF THAT STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHIT IN MY BACKYARD WAS A HOT CHICK.... I'D TOTALLY HAVE SEX WITH IT!"

64. Re: EA=RUN AWAY Jun 3, 2005, 13:37 Creston

You'd have sex with Derek Smart if he was a hot chick...

Creston

63. Re: EA=RUN AWAY Jun 3, 2005, 12:59 JoeCool

I don't care what you scabs say. If EA was a hot chick i'd have sex with it.

62. Re: EA=RUN AWAY Jun 3, 2005, 12:40 Tumbler

EA is notorious for shove it out the door, bad treatment of employees and who no’s what else so I don’t buy there games.
If they had half a chance they would swallow up every good game company and be the M$ of the gaming world and then we would play and pay what they wanted us too

EA does not own DICE. A very important fact in this equation. It should also be made very clear this is not an EA game, it's a DICE game. There should be no credit given to EA for the brilliance that is BF1942. While they will enjoy in the success of BF2 the game is a DICE game.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

61. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 10:06 xXBatmanXx

I am very excited about this title.
I don't care what anyone says, BF1942 kicks ass still to this day.
Hopefully (and from the videos I have seen it looks like it) they get this title right where the developers of SOCOM left off. The game is very similar as far as gameplay and concept. Controls are completly different, but it looks like SOCOM and BF 2 had a party and talked about ideas.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

60. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 09:06 Creston

All I know is I would love for Raven to do another JK Game with the Doom 3 engine

Creston

59. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 08:56 Zathrus

so its still use a vehicle to win game? or does the infantry actually do anything here?

Shrug, I did quite a bit as infantry in BF1942... of course, I pretty much always played an engineer who could actually do a lot against vehicles and infantry (single shot to the head or 2 shots anywhere else).

58. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 06:00 MacD

SOF2 still doesn't beat the satistfaction of removing bodyparts with a lightsaber...I'm with ya, Half Elf: let Raven make a real sequel to JK2:JO!

57. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 05:29 The Half Elf

Hero's Quest *cries* oh the humanity *then later changed to Quest for Glory due to a name conflict with hasbro*

All I know is I would love for Raven to do another JK Game with the Doom 3 engine

And SOF2 was pretty much known for 1 thing, the amount of removeable flesh from the models. Which I might add is/was damn impressive especially for the Quake 3 engine.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

56. No subject Jun 3, 2005, 03:08 space captain

half the time?? try one map - and it was just like an indoor map with different textures

im talking about MP here BTW... never played the SP portion

Go forth, and kill!

55. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 02:53 Xenos Overdrive

You were in the jungle half the time... how much more outdoor do you want?

The steppes of central Russia.

54. Re: No subject Jun 3, 2005, 01:20 PHJF

wow - SOF2 didnt even have outdoor environments... not to mention vehicles or classes

You were in the jungle half the time... how much more outdoor do you want?

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo