Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Tomorrow is Doughnut Day according to the doughnut nuts at Krispy Kreme, who plan on distributing free doughnuts throughout the day from participating retailers. I point this out in advance in case the time between now and tomorrow can be put to proper use plotting a route around various stores and planning disguises to maximize the payoff from the promotion. Normally, I don't go for attempts to take advantage of such situations, but hey, we're talking Krispy Kremes!

You Linked me all night long! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast.
Play Time: Peanut Hockey.
Links of the Day: Casefancasefancasefancasefancase. Thanks ASLayerAODsk.
Eurobad '74.
Stories of the Day: Ian McShane Boards Woody Allen Pic. Thanks Deunan.
New EU law promises unhappy chickens a better life.
Fire Started To Boot Unwanted House Guests.
Science! Electric Cars as Fast as Ferraris.
Drawing uncovered of 'Nazi nuke'.
Cynicism Starts Young and Sarcasm Is Complex.
Media of the Day: Michael Jackson's Dream Come True?
Follow-ups: New probe may silence climate skeptics.
Comet put on list of potential Earth impactors.
Schwarzenegger Issues Plan to Reduce Greenhouse Gases (registration required).
Mars Polar Lander: Clues From the Crash Site. CSI: Mars.

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. unhappy chickens Jun 3, 2005, 13:14 Mystical PotatoHead Groove Thang

re; New EU law promises unhappy chickens a better life

I'm sure the chickens told them 'we'll be happier chickens'
Cleaner but..... it's still OK to kill 'em all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Sorry Qix! Jun 3, 2005, 05:31 Tango

Blue, very very annoying noisy ad on the front page for Cingular... It seems to be making Star Wars blaster noises?

FWIW, I'm UK, with Firefox (yeah yeah I'm off to get Flashblock as we speak).

33. Re: Sorry Qix! Jun 3, 2005, 03:58 complicity

After I'd gone to dinner, my cable modem had gone on the fritz
No problem, I did some exploring and then I had to go to work anyway.

I found this map of the GW world from the Cold Black Eyes GW site. BIG and (semi) spoilerish, but there you go...

http://guildwars.tentonhammer.com/files/maps/GWMap2ndBetaLabeled.jpg

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

32. Re: Doughnut Day Jun 3, 2005, 03:16 Halsy

Ingenius. Hmm. The day after tomorrow is Suck My Cock Day

Spottswoode: Gary is the kind of man that understands, when you put another man's cock in your mouth, you make a pact.

"....and goddamit tuck up those pajamas!"
- Neidermeyer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

31. Sorry Qix! Jun 3, 2005, 00:24 Creston

After I'd gone to dinner, my cable modem had gone on the fritz, and it took Cox awhile to get it going again. By the time I came back, you were already gone. If you still need help with the Frost Gate mission, I'll help you do it tomorrow

Btw, here's a REALLY helpful guide on the first 12 bonus missions (I have almost all of them, except for the chosen ones. Apparently today's update made a lot of the bonus missions more clear and / or easier. I don't know why they keep making things easier, but there you go.)

http://photics.com/issues/issue18.html

Creston

30. Doughnuts Jun 2, 2005, 23:30 theAntiELVIS

<HOMER VOICE>
Ummmm....doughnuts....
</HOMER VOICE>

29. Re: Doughnut Day Jun 2, 2005, 22:29 Enahs

Ingenius. Hmm. The day after tomorrow is Suck My Cock Day.

I am sure if you had a multimillion dollar budget to throw at it like KK is throwing at Doughnut Day….you could probably make that happen…

"When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me."-Ignignokt

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 22:29.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

28. Re: Doughnut Day Jun 2, 2005, 22:25 sauron

Nice. Unfortunately, the day after that is Red Hot Poker day. Enjoy

Kittens!

27. Doughnut Day Jun 2, 2005, 22:12 Riker

"Tomorrow is Doughnut Day according to the doughnut nuts at Krispy Kreme."

Ingenius. Hmm. The day after tomorrow is Suck My Cock Day.

26. Re: Yay Jun 2, 2005, 20:03 Warhawk

Every KK I have ever been in has always given me a free donut for just walking inside!

If they are making the plain glazed at the time, they will give you a freebie. This appears to be an organized, all day thing.

Personally, a warm, fresh KK is good (inthe way that things that are bad for you can be called "good"), but in general I prefer other donut shops to KK....

*** Warhawk ***

I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I thought he should be with his family.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

25. Re: Guildwars Jun 2, 2005, 19:01 Gandhi

sounds like every mmog i've ever played at one point or another, usually while in some random pick up group

Take a closer look at the last pic on that page

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

24. Electric Cars as Fast as Ferraris. Jun 2, 2005, 18:53 FourPak

the description is extrordinarily simple -
distribute electric pulses across multiple rotors arranged in different phases.

*blink* *blink*
well hell i knew how to do that in high school Electronics class.

so... with all the college level electric car and robot enthusiasts around, why has no one done the obvious before?

cold fusion?

23. Re: Guildwars Jun 2, 2005, 18:24 FourPak

Like Diablo, GW is more about personal preference than whether it's a 'good' game or not. It IS well done and fun for what it is and it's very popular, but... for me it's just too simple of a game to play hard core long term, has too much of an arcade-y console-y feel to it. the phrase "mile wide, inch deep" comes to mind. it kept me entertained for several weeks, but it's not something i'll play much more of. if your friends or co-workers are playing it, get it.

22. Eurobad Jun 2, 2005, 18:14  famished 

Man that Eurobad link was amazing in more ways than one. There are some truly strange pics in there.

21. Re: Guildwars Jun 2, 2005, 18:11 Enahs

Level seems to so not matter.

That’s just what moms and girlfriends say when trying to not embarrass you……sorry man!

"When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me."-Ignignokt

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

20. Re: Guildwars Jun 2, 2005, 18:05 FourPak

For all you WoW fans, this review had me in stitches
sounds like every mmog i've ever played at one point or another, usually while in some random pick up group.

19. Re: Guildwars Jun 2, 2005, 17:53 Hezekiah

I have a level 9 elementalist--or is it 10? I can't remember. Level seems to so not matter.

Anyway, I am usually on for a little bit each night, and would be happy to be joined by anyone in post-searing ascalon.

Hezekiah Kurtz

18. Doughnuts Jun 2, 2005, 17:35 banddirector

Mmmmmmmmm, Krispy Kremes. When they finally opened a store in the Seattle area a couple of years ago, it had a line around the store for months on end.

I want to wipe them off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

17. Michael Jackson's Dream Come True Jun 2, 2005, 17:34 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Well Celine is super filthy rich now so she can just laugh it off but man that was BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

16. Thank you lord, thank you jesus! Jun 2, 2005, 17:28 The Half Elf

Free Donuts, San Andreas PC on the 7th, Battlefield 2 demo shortly after that, and Battlefield 2 on the 22nd!

But ya know... *looks over his sholder* with all this good stuff going on lately (and a visit from Derek Smart), something is bound to happen.

And btw Blue, don't be telling me about free Krispy Kreme Donuts, and then show me a video of Micheal Jackson as a women. Might actually have to force myself to eat a free donut tomorrow

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo