Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Halo Patch

The Halo Combat Evolved for Windows Website now offers a new client and dedicated server patches updating the PC edition of Bungie's first-person shooter to Hotfix 1.07, presumably further closing off the exploit addressed by the HaloCE server hotfix released last week (story). Likewise, there is now also a client patch on the HaloCE Website to go with that server update. Thanks Frans.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Halo 2 Jun 1, 2005, 17:08 Prez

I haven't heard or read of any plans to put this title out for PC. Has anyone else?

I've been asking the same thing for weeks. Either no one knows, or no one's talking! I would consider myself a big fan of the first, and am itching to play the next.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Halo 2 Jun 1, 2005, 16:13 Elrix

Anyone hear of a pain in the ass background app called Steam?

And the AI comrades in Half-Life 2 sucked, you couldn't even shoot 'em (and they were annoying!). The Halo 2 AI was much better.

28. Re: Halo 2 Jun 1, 2005, 14:41 Fantaz

Anyone hear of a little game called Half-Life 2?

27. Halo 2 Jun 1, 2005, 14:09 CyberNutz

When is Bungee/Microsft going to port this over to the PC anyway? I loved Halo 1 and would like to be able to play Halo 2. But, I am not a console player and have no intention of being one. I haven't heard or read of any plans to put this title out for PC. Has anyone else?

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 14:10.

26. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2005, 01:49 Fang

I don't know first hand..but my understanding is that the game itself wasn't made for K/M so yeah..even if you have the adapter....the cursor only moves as fast as it would if you had the regular controller....in other words....slow...no wrist flicks or twitch movements.

And my understanding of it is that if you set the sensitivity to level 10, its very playable, in other words, not slow.

Sure, you won't get the same effect as setting your mouse sensitivity to level 50 in a standard PC game, but if you refuse to play an FPS because you can't wrist flick, but everything else works great... well, it sounds just a little too elitist for me.

25. HAY... low : ) Jun 1, 2005, 00:01 Steel Rockhard

"Halo 1 on Xbox was dull. Levels kind of sucked, multiplayer blew without bots. 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 on 1 sucked on the levels. "

I disagree. The only other FPS to move me with its story and atmosphere was Half-Life. I dug the shit out of Halo -- maybe even more-so than Half-Life.

"Halo 1 on the PC was dull single player, but multiplayer was better than the Unreal offerings. "

I agree after playing Halo, with friends, on the Xbox"

24. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 23:59 VoodooV

I don't know first hand..but my understanding is that the game itself wasn't made for K/M so yeah..even if you have the adapter....the cursor only moves as fast as it would if you had the regular controller....in other words....slow...no wrist flicks or twitch movements.

we're being limited by the software..not the hardware.

http://www.Free360XBOX.com/?r=18566015
help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

23. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 22:45 Fang

And he loved using key mouse. He uses a gamepad on the consoles, cause he doesn`t have a choice. Given the choice, I think many would be using key mouse instead.

What do you mean he doesn't have the choice? Don't have $20 to spend on a keyboard/mouse adapter for the xbox after spending $200+ for the Xbox and Halo? (nevermind the 52in tv).

22. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 21:37 anon@24.76

the keyboarders would just rock all the other players online.

21. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 21:31 Shataan

"That is the real challenge, how to get gamers to use a keyboard and mouse while sitting on a couch or chair. Try it sometime, it doesn't work so well. Even with wireless stuff it's still a pain in the butt."

I have yet to see any of my kids, myself, or friends use a chair or a couch to sit on while playing consoles. Be that as it may, don`t shortchange the gamer mentality. If a key mouse was supported, you WILL see custom gaming chairs spring up seemingly out of nowhere to support these devices.

Hell, I`d make one myself if key mouse was supported. I made my own tactile feedback PC chair before they came out with the Aura version. lol Even my son has said if key mouse was supported, he`d just make a small gaming table and set up right in front of our 52 inch Hitachi. And he is all of 10. He can play Halo quite nicely on the XBox, but boyos he flipped when he tried it on my PC.

And he loved using key mouse. He uses a gamepad on the consoles, cause he doesn`t have a choice. Given the choice, I think many would be using key mouse instead.

20. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 21:19 Beamer

Halo 1 on Xbox was dull. Levels kind of sucked, multiplayer blew without bots. 2 on 1 or 1 on 1 on 1 sucked on the levels.

Halo 1 on the PC was dull single player, but multiplayer was better than the Unreal offerings.

Halo 2 Xbox single player was great. The control felt right (only console FPS I've said that about), the AI was pretty damn impressive, and it was just a good time.

Halo 2 Xbox multiplayer is a mixed bag. No bots means you have to play online if you play with buddies. Three people split screen should be with bots, not the tedium of online.

I support Halo CE multiplayer, even if I haven't played it in over a year. And I support Halo 2 single player. Although now that I'm playing Far Cry, probably a bit less so.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 20:46 VoodooV

if anything is a constant, its that people will find a way to get around things like that though.

granted I'm sure its a small percentage...but how many gamers have their consoles hooked up to their monitor instead of having it in a TV room

I do predict the death of PC gaming...not because the consoles are better..but because the consoles are getting more and more PC-like and are drawing developers away from PC gaming and onto console gaming. It may not happen completely with this new generation of consoles coming out..but as long as consoles start acquiring more and more PC-like attributes I think it will happen.....so in a way..PC gaming won't die...it will merely shift platforms. I think the attraction of developing for one hardware configuration instead of the hojillion in the PC world is too good to pass up.

and until someone finally really does innovate and comes up with a better way to control shooter games that is better than K/M, your PC Refugees, if you will, are going to want a way to keep playing their shooters without using a controller.

especially if video cards continue to get more and more expensive...PC gaming is definately dying.

help me get a free XBox360, just sign up for a free trial...then cancel it...it really is that easy.

18. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 19:54 Tumbler

now that the Xbox360 has standard non-proprietary USB plugs in it.. It would be nice to see developers supporting K/M in console games. doubt it will happen due to the drastic unlevel playing field of controller vs K/M but its a move I'd definately support

I doubt the reason they would hold back would have anything to do with "level playing fields". K/M aren't used much because typically consoles don't have desks or flat surfaces around to use the K/M combo. You can't sit on a couch and use a keyboard and mouse very well, you have to have a surface for them to sit on. That is the real challenge, how to get gamers to use a keyboard and mouse while sitting on a couch or chair. Try it sometime, it doesn't work so well. Even with wireless stuff it's still a pain in the butt.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

17. Hay-Low May 31, 2005, 19:52 Steel Rockhard

I still play Halo on my Xbox (co-op is still a blast after all these years). I'm thinking about trading in my "Collector's Edition" of Halo 2. I won't be waiting in line, at midnight, for Halo 3.

Halo 2 multi-player could be fun on the PC... but I wouldn't buy it for the single-player (yawn).

My 2 Cents.

16. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 19:05 Prez

I'm not sure Halo was all that hyped on PC - definately on Xbox though. Halo was definitely a good game, maybe even a great one, and I look forward to a PC release of Halo 2.

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

15. No subject May 31, 2005, 19:02 VoodooV

yeah, Halo (or Halo 2 for that matter) is definately NOT the best shooter around by a long shot. and its way overhyped. But I'd still buy Halo2 if it were to come out for PC

now that the Xbox360 has standard non-proprietary USB plugs in it.. It would be nice to see developers supporting K/M in console games. doubt it will happen due to the drastic unlevel playing field of controller vs K/M but its a move I'd definately support

14. Re: Halo 2 for PC? May 31, 2005, 17:35 Shataan

You would think a company such as M$ would have coded in for the mouse key config natively. Their consoles shouldn`t need adaptors.

13. Re: Halo 2 for PC? May 31, 2005, 17:32 Gandhi

Two words: Frame Rate

Two more words: High Resolution

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

You cannot make anything fool-proof. The fools are too inventive

GW: Tr Gandhi (Ra), Shiva Sung (Mo), Mangal Pandey (Ne), Rana Pratap Singh (Wa), Boddhi Satwa (Ri), Bhagat Singh (De), Bahadur Shastri (Pa)

12. Re: Halo 2 for PC? May 31, 2005, 17:15 nin

If you played all your xbox games with a keyboard and mouse, is there really a difference between fps's on pc versus consoles?

Two words: Frame Rate

If you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be? http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Halo 2 for PC? May 31, 2005, 16:26 Fang

Is Halo 2 ever going to make it out for PC? I can't bear console controls for FPS.

Get the keyboard/mouse adapter for the Xbox then, and you won't have to complain about game pads.

If you played all your xbox games with a keyboard and mouse, is there really a difference between fps's on pc versus consoles?

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo