Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

T72: Balkans on Fire Gold, Add-on Plans

The T72: Balkans On Fire Website has news that the tank game is gold, and is expected to ship in late June/early July, at which time a playable demo is also to be released. The site also now offers a bunch of new gameplay movies, a cinematic trailer, and word on plans for an add-on:

Battlefront.com and IDDK/Crazy House also disclosed today, that the work on a multiplayer add-on is already underway. The add-on is planned to include full online multiplayer support (the current release allows for single player and LAN only) for up to eight players as well as 20 completely new maps. At least one new playable tank is planned as well! The add-on is expected to be ready for release at the end of the year.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: 70 pages?! Jun 2, 2005, 06:44 Prez

I still have the original binder manual from Falcon 4.0. Now THAT was a manual.

Seriously, I'm a bit surprised to hear someone turned off by too much manual, what with the industry steady moving to NO manuals shipped with their games.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: 70 pages?! Jun 1, 2005, 17:26 Jedi Master

Well, I suppose if you want to call someone who wants a game that takes time to learn vs wanting a game that requires no brain power an "elitist", so be it.

Of course, of those 70 pages, the first 5 or so are nothing but table of contents, install instructions, etc. The next 5-10 are likely on the in-game options and menu navigation, there will be around 1/3 dedicated to the usage of a mission editor or whatever, maybe a few pages dedicated to the background/context of the game, a few pages for indexes and those dumb "notes" pages...and you probably have actually 20 pages devoted to telling you what you NEED to know.

Try playing poker in Vegas without bothering to learn the rules... and I think you can have books on poker alone that take far more than 70 pages!

11. Re: Good to hear! Jun 1, 2005, 08:59 Fingers M

YAY!  

10. No subject Jun 1, 2005, 06:30 SavageD

Me too. By the looks, it's got everything I could want from a tank game. Er... sim :-P

9. Good to hear! Jun 1, 2005, 00:58 Bet

I figured the English demo would be out quite a while before we'd ever see the full release. Ever since SimHQ started reporting on this game, including those juicy in-depth articles, I've been almost fiending for a tank fix. Came close to installing the Russian demo, and that was before there was even news of the English release. I'll be purchasing this for sure.

8. Re: 70 pages?! May 31, 2005, 17:45 Prez

Of course, that's why these are classified as "sims" and not simply "games"--they require an effort on the part of the player to learn how things work in that virtual world.

Careful! With that kind of statement, you might be accused of being elitist by some! *cough* Space Captain *cough *

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

7. Re: 70 pages?! May 31, 2005, 17:04 Jedi Master

Then I suggest you steer away from Dangerous Waters and its 500+ page manual.

I don't know what tank game out there could be worth the time to play if it DOESN'T require a manual at least 70 pages long. I mean, are you referring to BF42-style tanks? Battlezone??

Of course, that's why these are classified as "sims" and not simply "games"--they require an effort on the part of the player to learn how things work in that virtual world.

6. No subject May 31, 2005, 15:53 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

Now if only Combat Mission 2 looked this good.

5. Russian Language Version May 31, 2005, 15:39 Hunterzyph

Has been out for how long now?

4. Re: 70 pages?! May 31, 2005, 15:19 PHJF

Learning how to drive a tank could always come in handy.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: 70 pages?! May 31, 2005, 15:07 Two_Sheds

I LOVE a good long manual.

2. 70 pages?! May 31, 2005, 14:46 Riley Pizt

I love tank games, but the website for this game says that the game comes with a 70 page manual. Any game which requires 70 pages to explain how to play it is not a game for me.

This comment was edited on May 31, 14:46.

1. Finally! May 31, 2005, 12:36 Prez

Thank you! Finally an original setting!!!!!!!!!!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo