Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Movies

Some very high resolution versions of some E3 movies:

• Quake 4
    A steroid-enhanced edition of the Quake 4 E3 movie shows off Raven's upcoming Quake II sequel, the 164 MB download is on 3D Gamers and FilePlanet (registration required).
  • Call of Duty 2
    The Call of Duty 2 E3 movie is now available in high resolution, showing off Infinity Ward's upcoming World War II shooter sequel. The 36 MB download is available on 3D Gamers and FilePlanet (registration required).
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins
    The hi-rez Condemned: Criminal Origins E3 movie is online, a 72 MB look at Monolith's upcoming first-person thriller. The movie can be found on 3D Gamers and FilePlanet (registration required).
  • Ghost Recon 3
    The high resolution E3 trailer for Ghost Recon 3 is now available, a 100 MB download showing off the upcoming shooter sequel. The clip can be found on FilePlanet (registration required).
  • Madden 06
    The Madden NFL 2006 trailer is online in hi-rez, showing off the next installment in the football series. The 66 MB download can be found on FilePlanet (registration required).

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: May 25, 2005, 19:57 Fantaz

Try these video then:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/e32005/videos.htm

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: May 25, 2005, 19:05 Rseman

I just downloaded and watched this.....

Runs smooth. 2 sections of it seem to be playing the same frame over and over..... but the sound is fine. Looking at it, I'm not about to discount those two sections were done like that for effect.

I'm running a 2.8Ghz machine and this runs fine, as do all the games I have. I don't think it's bin material just yet;P

Damn, almost forgot.... I'm using WMP10.

This comment was edited on May 25, 19:06.

18. Re: No subject May 25, 2005, 18:38 pob

yep i'm sure its er not your PCs, its the WMV. If you watch it frame by frame in mpc, or whatever, you will notice that many parts (like at 1m58 for example) the frame only advances every 3 or 4 cursor presses - every cursor press is 1 frame. That's why it looks so choppy, as its effectively playing at those action bits at 10fps or whatever.

The thing is its so variable. Some sections animate every frame, then suddenly go to every 3rd or 4th. I'm sure this isn't my PC...Someone messed up. Fixed the blue hue, decided to break the encoding instead.

17. No subject May 25, 2005, 17:38 sponge

A few misconceptions here, I too had the same problems with the trailer, and I actually saw the game in action at E3, so I can more or less address some of the concerns here. Infact, much of the scenes were there and shown, but shorter.

1. The choppiness is DEFINITELY 100% a WMV problem. I reencoded it to about 5mbit instead of 10mbit, and despite a slight loss in image quality, it ran FLAWLESSLY. MS reccoments a 3.0GHz+ PC in order to play their HD content. 1280x720 is obviously HD, 720p. I never liked WMV.

2. The game really looks and plays like that. It was completly real time. The booth where they showed it doesn't have the guy playing closed off somewhere else, you can see him moving the mouse, and playing (I always had the conception he was in a room somewhere else.) The actual gameplay scenes were just as detailed when it comes to blood, etc, so it's not like they made those scenes to look as good as they can, knowing in-game won't be anything like that.

3. Either the XBox 360 will look identical to the PC, or the video is lieing. The graphics were no better when being played on a PC. This is really what we're going to be playing, folks.

4. I asked what computer this was running on before leaving, they were in a rush since there was a huge line obviously, but it was mid-top range today's standards. Nothing special for sure, and this too was running at 1280x720, or higher. I don't recall it ever dipping below 60FPS, definitely didn't hit 30 ever. (it was being projected, so I assumed it was an HD projector)

5. The vehicle they showed is badass (Don't know if it's in the trailer)

16. Re: Quake 4 May 25, 2005, 16:24 Fantaz

I have the exact same specs as you and it works perfectly fine for me. Not a single droped frame. And don't say it's showing its age because we still have pretty powerful systems.

15. Re: Quake 4 May 25, 2005, 15:14 changingman

Not choppy a bit so I guess my system doesn't suck, lol.

I wouldn't consider mine to be suck-worthy, though it is showing its age - P4 2.8, 512mb DDR333, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, Audigy 2. According to MS, these videos should play fine. At least, assuming they are the videos at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=abde1e02-b529-469e-ae6a-7417fcde9e12&displaylang=en
It might be sound card related, as they do play fine without sound. But CPU usage only drops to 90-ish when I do that, so there probably just isn't enough grunt there to get through these files, and MS is a bit off in their assumptions.

Edit because I might as well add to the discussion rather than just whine:
That video doesn't even look like a real game, but just a prerendered movie
Assuming this is the E3 trailer that starts in the parking lot, notice the shadowing flaws at the beginning and the dust that clips through the ground at the end after the explosion. That says to me it's in-game. However, there's also stuff like the way your character takes cover behind objects, and the way the bullets leave no marks. The way that the crosshair seems to be independant of the view is a bit odd too... I wonder how we're supposed to control that. The impression I was left with was that this was a rail-shooter. House of the Ghost Recons, perhaps.
This comment was edited on May 25, 15:24.

14. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 15:05 Crunch

1280*720 is just ridiculously overkill for a video. Sure it look great, but most computers just can't play it correctly..

13. Re: No subject May 25, 2005, 15:04 Enahs

What does that have to do with anything?

Because the X-Box 360 is not a PC.

We're trying to watch it on a PC, not an X-Box.

Yes, but the impression is given from the section it is in and the comments from E3 that it was from the PC version, I am just saying to note that it is notůso graphics detail wise it could change a good bitů.and even content (see Doom3).

When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

12. No subject May 25, 2005, 14:29 Elf Shot The Food

"Also, note this is the XBOX 360 video of the game, it is not from a PC."

What does that have to do with anything? We're trying to watch it on a PC, not an X-Box.

11. Quake 4 May 25, 2005, 14:28 Cartman

Movie was awesome. Not choppy a bit so I guess my system doesn't suck, lol.

Amazing to see what Raven has done with Carmack's engine... it's like Doom3 should have been with more polish. Actually got a little tingle in my spine wanting to play this so bad! I can't wait for this to hit the stores!

Quake forever!!!

http://forum.ramanon.com

10. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 14:20 IronHorse

more likely that it wasn't rendered in real time at all.

9. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 14:04 Tango

Also, note this is the XBOX 360 video of the game, it is not from a PC.
So presumably it's actually a PowerMac G5 running it?

8. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 13:58 Enahs

If it is running choppy.
A) Get a better computer (this is a mighty big video, and it is at 60FPS)
B) Shrink the video by half (which is still an amazing looking and very sharp video)
C) Convert it from something that is not so suck as WMV9ů to say mpeg2, where your video card can help with the decoding.

Also, note this is the XBOX 360 video of the game, it is not from a PC.

When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me.

This comment was edited on May 25, 13:59.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

7. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 13:52 Tango

Sometimes large (larger than my monitor resolution) videos chop around on my computer, even though it's reasonably quick. I think it might be a WMP problem...

6. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 13:46 CooCoo

Must be a glitch in the video. Freaking choppy as hell! I downloaded my copy from FileFront. Glad I didn't have to wait 30 mins to watch a choppy trailer Took me 10 mins to download a 170mb file. No wait and no registration!

5. Ghost Recon 3 May 25, 2005, 13:01 Charlie_Six

That video doesn't even look like a real game, but just a prerendered movie. There's something... sidious going on here.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

4. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:55 changingman

I tried the HD videos in the Filerush torrent, and they were choppy and unwatchable in WMP10, only working in Media Player Classic with the sound output to null. My spec is above that listed on the WMV9 site, so I'm not sure why this was happening.

3. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:46 Crunch

They had switched the blue and red channels.
Whether it was an actual lame censorship or an honnest goof up (doubtfull) is unknown. Anyhow it was ridiculous.

2. Re: Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:42 DG

For some reason the Q4 video played smoother in fullscreen? Still a little iffy though.

I thought the previously released version was rather blue I guess they messed with the alpha or whatever to make blood blue.

1. Q4 Movie May 25, 2005, 12:27 Dross

The movie is all choppy here ;p

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo