Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm not sure, but I think I may get out to see Episode III today. I'm shooting for the weekday matinee for a peaceful experience... it should be fine unless that old couple shows up again to explain everything to each other.

I'm your father, Link! Thanks Mike Martinez, Ant, and EvilToast
Play Time: Arkadium Games- Skeet Shoot. Thanks Sharon.
Links of the Day: Free My Laptop.
Cybernetic parrot sausage.
Stories of the Day: Two hurt in mock light sabre duel. Thanks Warren.
Lost cigarette leads to bizarre accident. Thanks Firingsquad.
Odd U.S. state laws ban owning skunks, swearing.
Science! Natural-Born Liars.
Science on the Fringe.
The Mad Genius from the Bottom of the Sea.
Media of the Day: Darth Vader's Pitch Meeting. Thanks Seth.
Teh Funnies: Mac Hall.
Follow-ups: Voyager I Enters Solar System's Final Lap.

View
73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

73. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 26, 2005, 10:43 Warhawk

Dune (which version though, both?)

That was too easy Warhawk. It's harder when you pick non-plot related quotes.

Not sure about the Sci-Fi Channel version. I told you it was easier, didn't think it would be the "next post" type of easy, though.

*** Warhawk ***

I didn't *break* it, I was merely testing its durability, and I *placed* it in the woods cause it's made of wood and I thought he should be with his family.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

72. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 09:53 nin

nin, you HAVE to be ascended for the new areas, so you better get that puny level up!

RUN NIN, RUNNNN!!!!!!!!!

WTF is "ascended"? I think I'm halfway to 12... don't think I'll have much time tonight, either. Last I heard, complicity thought he'd be online Friday night, and I'll be on after 11 or so...

Now next week...next week is vacation. At home. In front of GW.

If you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be? http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

71. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 09:17 Creston

Check to see if you have encryption checked. Seems we lost audio/video at work and the boss had checked that box. It won't work if encryption is checked.

Hey I never thought of that, thanks, I'll check that this weekend.

nin, you HAVE to be ascended for the new areas, so you better get that puny level up!

RUN NIN, RUNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Creston

70. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 06:53 Gen. Hospital

I am to make the graphical profile for a (ficticious) internet-based travel agent... I'm gonna need the time

69. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 06:49 complicity

A donkey could pass it if it had ever used eBay or Amazon
A donkey you say, hmmmm?

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

68. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 05:17 Tango

Heh a 2 week exam?! That's a bit harsh. 3 hours of writing about E-Commerce is all I'm good for. A donkey could pass it if it had ever used eBay or Amazon.

67. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 02:33 Gen. Hospital

Graphic Design is a two-year education... So it's my final exam of my final year as well. Plus it takes almost two weeks to complete... Does that mean I'll have to be drunk for almost two weeks afterwards?

66. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 26, 2005, 02:30 Halsy

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore.
It's gettin' dark, too dark for me to see
I feel like I'm knockin' on heaven's door.

"....and goddamit tuck up those pajamas!"
- Neidermeyer

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

65. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 26, 2005, 02:23 Tango

And my final exam second year of Graphic Design starts tomorrow, so wish me luck...
Bah final exam of my final year today By 5.40 I will be rather drunk. Weeeee!

64. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 26, 2005, 01:17 Sixis

Dune (which version though, both?)

That was too easy Warhawk. It's harder when you pick non-plot related quotes.

63. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 26, 2005, 00:05 Warhawk

Warhawk, I need another hint at the movie quote - - the first one wasn't enough ...

Edit: Oops, nevermind, I see someone solved it ...

That's OK, this one should be easier.

*** Warhawk ***

He who can destroy a thing, controls a thing.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

62. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 25, 2005, 23:33 banddirector

Warhawk, I need another hint at the movie quote - - the first one wasn't enough ...

Edit: Oops, nevermind, I see someone solved it ...

I want to wipe them off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder ...
This comment was edited on May 25, 23:34.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

61. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 25, 2005, 22:27 Capella

Check to see if you have encryption checked. Seems we lost audio/video at work and the boss had checked that box. It won't work if encryption is checked.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

60. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 25, 2005, 22:13 nin

And my final exam second year of Graphic Design starts tomorrow, so wish me luck...

Good luck bud!

Seconded!

Also speaking of GW, are there any hammer warriors out there? I keep finding these uber hammers in my voyages that I'd be happy to pass along. Both of these are purple:

Think I got one of those last night. It's either in the bank, or I sold it.

For me, I wouldn't call GW crack, but I can easily see getting my $50 out of it, and then some...

Wonder when those two new free areas are gonna drop?
From May 18th:
Today's in-game movie unveils Sorrow's Furnace and Grenth's Footprints. These two new explorable areas will be part of a free live Guild Wars update that will be streaming to players in the coming weeks.

Check out the movie here:
http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/movies/default.html

If you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be? http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

59. NCIS May 25, 2005, 22:12 c r i s p y

A truly great show. I wanna do Abbey.  
---
Chris.

58. Re: mock lightsaber battle May 25, 2005, 21:16 Warhawk

They're insane to let Vger escape our solar system! Haven't the fools at NASA seen Star Trek the movie? Don't they know what will happen? The end of the carbon units draws near!

Nice.

*** Warhawk ***

Relax, I'll finish your new body. Mom always said I should make new friends.

Oh, ha ha ha.

57. Re: Speaking of Guild Wars May 25, 2005, 20:48 Bucky

I can never really predict when I'll get a chance to play (except almost always get some time in on Sunday mornings)

Tell me about it. 8 PM EST is my goal, though I'll be lucky if I'm on by 10 tonight. Notice also the lack of a 'not playing' option. Guild Wars is crack in digital form, at least for me.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

Guild Wars: Rathear Forest

56. Re: LOST season finale tonite May 25, 2005, 20:01 Enahs

Or the alternative rumor that has been floating around, the possibility that this was a cheesy dream episode. Earlier in the show Kate and Abby both talked about having dreams

I have never seen the show before, and like I said I have no desire to watch it again. Though, the person I recorded from said it could be a trick, as they have done tricks and stuff like this before.

My argument in support of the trick, is how accurate and well organized and realistic the show seemed. But, I did have a HUGE problem watching it. Just a few minutes before he shot her he was 30 miles away (and with the straight line to it being water no less).

Now, I do not know if the show makes big big continuity errors like that all the time…but I got the impression from every bit of that one show but that last 6 seconds that they try to avoid those kinds of errors.

When I say your dumb name please stand up briefly, but then quickly drop to your knees and forsake all others before me.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

55. Re: Speaking of Guild Wars May 25, 2005, 19:26 complicity

I have a signature, yet can no longer figure out how/where to modify it?
At the top, click on the 'Account Options' button, and then click the 'Modify Message Board Settings' link. You'll figure it out from there.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

54. Re: LOST season finale tonite May 25, 2005, 19:25 Krovven

All the time you haves shows with drama and suspense that the main stars might die

While this is true and what is important in most shows. Hating to use a cliche, but the main difference was the on-screen chemistry the two characters Kate and Tony had on screen. It was simply amazing and what really enhanced the show. Another thing that seperated NCIS from all the other dram shows was the lighthearted commeraderie everyone had. Now the show is probably going to introduce a new character, Tony is gonna be bummed out all the time instead of being his entertaining juvenile self.

BTW, the reason they did this was because Sasha Alexander wanted out of the show. Or the alternative rumor that has been floating around, the possibility that this was a cheesy dream episode. Earlier in the show Kate and Abby both talked about having dreams, with Abby even telling Tony that she had a dream about him and he had blood on his face...with the episode ending with blood on Tony's face. This meaning that the info about Sasha Alexander wanting out of the show is part of the gimmick.

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com
This comment was edited on May 25, 19:30.

73 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo