Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New ATI CATALYST Drivers

ATI Technologies has posted new version 5.5 CATALYST software package that includes an updated Microsoft Certified WHQL CATALYST driver for Windows XP and Windows 2000, an updated CATALYST CONTROL CENTER for Windows XP and Windows 2000, an updated Microsoft Certified (WHQL) driver for Windows XP x64 Edition, an updated CATALYST Multimedia Center software package, and an updated Linux driver.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: omega May 18, 2005, 20:58 Prez

It is amazing how much difference I see in benchmarks when I test the stock Catalyst drivers and the Omega drivers. ATI might want to hire this guy.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. omega May 18, 2005, 11:19 Styopa

Well, I've not been happy with ATI since they pretty much left the guy writing the Omega drivers out on a limb. "We support the community" yah, but you couldn't pony up dough or web bandwidth for that guy to host his drivers which are light years ahead of the reference ATI releases?

Hm, that bites. Looks like he's turned a corner thanks to fan support, but that bites.

7. Re: From the Release Notes May 18, 2005, 11:10 Creston

Seems they're prioritizing compatibilit at the moment.

That'd be a first for ati

Creston

6. Re: Fixes VS known issues May 18, 2005, 10:53 Bhruic

Er, sure, if you leave out "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2" and "Star Wars Knights of the old republic" from the list.

5. Fixes VS known issues May 18, 2005, 08:15 vacs

It's just funny to see how ATI sets their priorities for new driver releases:

Issues Resolved:
Ashli Viewer sample Wood
Ashli Viewer v1.6.0
City of Heros
Freedom force VS The 3rd Reich
Imperial Glory Demo

Known Issues:
Doom3 Resurrection of Evil
Farcry
Half-Life 2
Rainbow six3: Athena Sword
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
World of Warcraft: Enabling

Normally from a decent company you would expect that those titles would be in the other categorie instead of this...

4. Re: From the Release Notes May 18, 2005, 02:03 Cynips

And I'd love to see some pure speed/performance optimizations - still i'm happy with my ati card.
Seems they're prioritizing compatibilit at the moment.

Performance comparison between 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.4x64, 5.5x64.
http://www.ngohq.com/articles.php?go=read&arc_id=19

listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal

3. Re: From the Release Notes May 17, 2005, 23:35 Elvis

Reading the release notes, there are about 25 fixes for various games and applications in this driver version and no new features:

Yup. I find myself wishing they would switch the "fixed in this release" and "issues with this release" sections!

And I'd love to see some pure speed/performance optimizations - still i'm happy with my ati card.

HL2DM: http://www.richardwurzer.com/hl2dm.html

2. From the Release Notes May 17, 2005, 22:34 Scott Langley

Reading the release notes, there are about 25 fixes for various games and applications in this driver version and no new features:

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/Catalyst_55_release_notes.html

1. CCC May 17, 2005, 21:56 Bucky

For the life of me I've never been able to get the Catalyst Control Center to work, even through reinstalls. Seems it works fine every single time up until I install the .NET 1.1 update. Maybe I'll give it a go once again, but I'm not expecting much.

---
"Pain, or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back." -Al Swearengen

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo