Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unreal Tournament 2007 Announcement

Midway & Epic Games Announce Unreal Tournament 2007 is the official announcement of the upcoming shooter sequel that was already known to be in production at Epic Games. Here's the deal on the game, which is due next year, rather than it's namesake 2007:

CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 17, 2005-- Midway Games Inc. (NYSE:MWY - News), a leading developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software, today announced that the latest entry into the Unreal franchise, Unreal TournamentŪ 2007, is now in development. Like its predecessors, Unreal Tournament 2007, is being developed by North Carolina-based, Epic Games Inc. The game will be shown for the first time at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 18 - 20, in Midway's booth located at Petree Hall, room 4001.
Source: Midway Games Inc.

"Unreal Tournament 2007 is the newest addition to one of, if not the greatest multiplayer PC franchises ever created," said Steve Allison, chief marketing officer, Midway. "UT2007 will be a major evolution for the Unreal series. Fans will be blown away by the next generation gameplay, modifiability and visuals that Epic's Unreal Engine 3 technology will bring to the franchise. Without question this will be the most visually stunning and in-depth Unreal Tournament game to-date."

"We feel confident that Unreal Tournament 2007 will deliver on Epic's promise to gamers to develop only the highest quality and most innovative titles using our cutting-edge Unreal Engine 3 technology," said Mark Rein, vice president and co-founder, Epic Games. "Unreal fans should rest assured that UT2007 will indeed raise the bar for not only the UT franchise but for all FPS titles, PC or console."

The latest entry into the Unreal franchise, Unreal Tournament 2007, will blow fans away with the gameplay, modifiability and visuals that Epic's UnrealŪ Engine 3 technology will deliver. Unreal Tournament 2007 is scheduled for release in 2006 for the PC.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: No subject May 18, 2005, 05:07 Zephalephelah

Whenever I play UT2004, which is about twice a year, it reminds me of a 13 year old kid, high on candy and pepsi.

EXACTLY!

Whatever happened to Quake3, putting our faces on the characters heads? Remember that? Oh well, they probably realized that there'd be a Goatsee clan with a bunch of asshats running around with wide-open blood-red expressions if you know what I mean.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: "modifiability" May 17, 2005, 20:26 banddirector

Is that even a real word?

I was wondering the same thing ...

I want to wipe them off the face of the earth with the fury of God's own thunder ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

26. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 18:19 Malakai

I'd personally like to see UT evolve into class and teamwork based gameplay

I really dont think it should. It'd just make it into another "clone" of so many games out there that do this already. Plus the teamwork was aready put in with the Assault mode (great fun that). I think UT should stay as one of the few franchise of games that doesnt evolve past what it originally was. They should stay as a faced pace, cartoony almost multiplayer game. Thats what it began as, that's what it should stay as.

25. No subject May 17, 2005, 18:12 Nachoman

I'd personally like to see UT evolve into class and teamwork based gameplay... hopefully that's what this conquest mode is all about!

Shame they're dropping Assault though, that was my favourite game type. They never really gave it a chance in UT2k4, I don't think they released any new assault maps - and custom ones are just too hard to make.

All said and done though, what I *really* want to see is Unreal 3 - just imagining the Unreal landscape and architecture in Unreal Engine 3 detail makes me drool.

24. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 18:05 4D-Boxing

Nacho,
I'm still new to FPS even though I've been playing PC games since the days of the vic20... HL2 & UT where my first FPS games & I still enjoy the twitch fest that UT2004 & 2007 bring to the table. I do understand your point, If I had been playing these types of games since doom or quake I'd be sick of it to. I find that DC & the soon to be released BF2 offer a nice break from the twitch fest. On my end, the only game that might make me consider getting a console is the boxing game that used to be known as knock out kings.. but that is a big maybe.

Now days it does not matter what platform you play on, there are plenty of good game to keep everybody happy!

I better stop typing now... drinking after work makes for bad posts I guess i'll just wait for Kobalt & his fan club to freak out over my comment!!

23. No subject May 17, 2005, 17:24 xXBatmanXx

Kind of figured this would happen at or around E3.
Considering they came out and said themselves that the most recent release sucked.

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

22. Re: May 17, 2005, 17:10 Creston

Maybe they could have the Super Dooper Wooper announcement, combined with free blowjobs.... and toss in the announcer saying 'Heeeeeeeeeeeeead Shot!'...

Yes. Blue, more of those please.

Creston

21. Re: May 17, 2005, 17:03 Rseman

Maybe they could have the Super Dooper Wooper announcement, combined with free blowjobs.... and toss in the announcer saying 'Heeeeeeeeeeeeead Shot!'...

20. Re: May 17, 2005, 16:45 Wowbagger_TIP

But i guess now this is the "official" one! Will the next one be ultra-official? Then move on to mega-official?

M-M-M-M-MONSTER OFFICIAL!!

edit: doh... that's what i get for not refreshing the page before posting. someone beat me to it. :p

"God isn't interested in technology. He cares nothing for the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time, forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!"
This comment was edited on May 17, 16:47.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

19. In the same vein May 17, 2005, 16:44 Creston

that you can no longer have too many games being developed in your franchise (see Alliance, Jagged), apparently you can no longer have too many announcements about your game.

This is, indeed, now the THIRD announcement of this game. Blue, I think we get it.

Creston

18. Re: May 17, 2005, 16:36 SquirrelZero

...Epic games purchases Reality Engine...

Killing spree!

17. Re: May 17, 2005, 16:05 Gdiguy

I swear this is like the 3rd announcement i've heard of UT2007. But i guess now this is the "official" one! Will the next one be ultra-official? Then move on to mega-official? Maybe, if we're lucky, we'll get to their official: Xtreme announcements

M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-onster announcement!

16. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 14:37 MindTrigger

Garage Games!! Save Our Souls!

---
...i am still inside here. a little bit comes bleeding through... -nin

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

15. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 14:36 MindTrigger

They felt the need to remind us about UT2007, after the announcement of ET:QW yesterday.

I personally don't care about the UT games. I'm supposedly in the target market for it, but they're just too cartoony for me. The speed is too fast (and I like fast games), I never did like the weapons either. Especially their bastardization of the sniper weapon. They should have stuck with the projectile sniper gun from Unreal 2. Whenever I play UT2004, which is about twice a year, it reminds me of a 13 year old kid, high on candy and pepsi.

---
...i am still inside here. a little bit comes bleeding through... -nin

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

14. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 14:18 Nachoman

booster wasn't useful?

I did say moveS

13. Sorry May 17, 2005, 13:23 Com

the greatest multiplayer PC franchises ever created
That stopped being the case when ut2003 was released.

12. Re: Make up your mind... May 17, 2005, 13:13 nin

Does anyone else think this is a bit odd?

No. They're pulling an EA. They'll sell it in the fall of 06 and most of 07...just like EA sports titles.

If you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be? http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Make up your mind... May 17, 2005, 13:13 Xenopulse

Like sports games and often cars, they name it a year in advance so it doesn't look outdated on the shelf after a few months. :/

10. Make up your mind... May 17, 2005, 12:52 Midnight

"Unreal Tournament 2007 is scheduled for release in 2006"

Does anyone else think this is a bit odd?

http://www.davidcsimon.com

http://www.crimsondark.com

9. Re: No subject May 17, 2005, 12:44  SmartFood 

More tribes plz.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo