Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EverQuest II Add-ons Announced

Sony Online Entertainment Announces the First Expansion Pack and Second Adventure Pack for EverQuest(R)II (thanks Frans) announces plans for a second "adventure pack" for the MMORPG, along with the first full add-on:

SAN DIEGO, May 4 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming, today announced EverQuest®II Desert of Flames(TM) and EverQuest®II The Splitpaw Saga(TM), the first expansion pack and second adventure pack, respectively, for the critically acclaimed MMO EverQuest II. Scheduled for launch September 12th 2005, Desert of Flames has a suggested retail price of $29.99 and will be showcased at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles. The Splitpaw Saga will be available only via digital download for just $7.99 and is scheduled for release June 28th 2005.

"Through our regular live updates for EverQuest II we've not only added a couple thousand quests and dozens of new adventure instances, we've changed the way people play our game with new features," said Scott Hartsman, senior producer, Sony Online Entertainment. "Expansions and adventure packs, however, let us do even more. In Desert of Flames we've created a home for some great new player versus player gameplay, with some unique twists. The Splitpaw Saga does more than tell an interesting story; it also includes the addition of dungeon instances that scale to your group's level. Both of these additions to EverQuest II let us do things we've never done before and we're excited about our plans for the next six months."

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject May 6, 2005, 08:25 Soldat

60 pally LFG Strat/Scholo (done with UBRS )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: buzzkill May 5, 2005, 20:43 nin

"Do you hear what IIIII heaaaaaar?"

BLAM!

May 3rd, 2005 - "We are preparing to destroy you." http://www.nin.com

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: buzzkill May 5, 2005, 19:16 Beerninja

a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming

8. buzzkill May 5, 2005, 14:59 Kxmode

I swear if I hear the words, "a worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online (MMO) gaming" one more time I'm going to blow my brains out!

This comment was edited on May 5, 15:01.

7. Re: No subject May 5, 2005, 14:41  SamPenguin 

60 rogue LFG UBRS/Human strat/BRD, pst.

6. Re: No subject May 5, 2005, 10:11 Grounded

this is great, it still has more content than WoW and better customer support

all you fags can eat it

5. Re: No subject May 5, 2005, 08:08 Soldat

Who said you have to purchase it?

4. No subject May 5, 2005, 05:30 space captain

a company is foolish for making money?? how old are you again?

the retards that play this shit deserve to get ripped

- Subhumans 1982

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Hmmm May 5, 2005, 03:00 Arttiss

I do not know who is more foolish... the comapy for making so many expantions... or the suckers that keep on buying them.

2. Hmm May 5, 2005, 02:56 D4rkKnight

I thought they were putting that money into official item auctions that they get a cut of the profit from.

AH yes good old sony...thats their idea of innovation.

1. Hmmm May 4, 2005, 23:58 Leiawen

And so the relentless tide of expansions continues. As if $15 per month wasn't enough.

Pity SOE don't take some of the staff they have working on all this money-making crap for EQ2 and put them to work elsewhere...like fixing the nightmare that is Star Wars Galaxies.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo