Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Heaven vs Hell Announced

TKO Software announces plans for Heaven vs Hell, a good versus evil RTS game due next year:

TKO REVEALS HEAVEN VS HELL

Real Time Strategy Game Brings Angelic, Demonic and Mortal Forces to the PC

Addison, Texas -- April 25, 2005 -- TKO's Heaven VS Hell, the next generation of real-time strategy (RTS) PC gaming, will put players in command of angelic, demonic and mortal forces battling to determine the fate of humanity.

In the mid-25th century, human technology has become so advanced that they have learned to manipulate the natural order of the universe and begin meddling in God's design. Not since Satan challenged God for the throne of Heaven, has there been such sheer defiance of his will. Humanity's arrogance infuriates God, so he plans to cleanse the Earth of mankind and start anew. With the sound of a trumpet, the seal is broken and Heavenly forces descend upon the Earth. The Devil, fearing his own loss of power wages Armageddon, the war to end all wars, for the remaining souls of men.

Players control one of three factions: Heaven, Hell or Humans, each with their own distinct units, abilities and instruments of war. Their goal is to destroy their enemies by amassing an army and sending them into a holy/unholy war.

The game is built around the concept of resource and force management, as well as battlefield strategy, all packaged neatly within a fully featured game including a riveting story, beautiful 3D graphics and breathtaking sound effects.

Heaven VS Hell is scheduled for release in 2006.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 17:53 Saken

Yeah, a similiar concept was on South Park, but for it to have the graphics and things like they mention, the game has to have been in development for awhile. Must just be a weird coincidence.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 11:33 Grave

Like Mayor Dan I also hope Jesus is a unit in this game. Imagine a mom walking by a room while the game is being played by a group of kids.

“Look out- its JESUS! Hit him with hellfire! Faster!! Faster!!”
“Its not working!! Quick, increase the virgin sacrifices, summon a Baal! No, no, THAT base, quick dude! Jesus is totally trashing your record exec offices! Those are hard to rebuild”
“ Its taking too long, I’m going to zerg Jesus with Buddists…Gah, hes just stomping on them! Oooh, neat animation. The bloody robes totally flew. Coool.”
“He just bit the head off one. Uh oh, a Tammy Fay sylph just flew in and started supporting Jesus. Ummm, I think you are totally screwed dude.”
“Yeah. Wow. This is the neatest game ever”

18. Resources Apr 26, 2005, 11:26 The Raven

I was trying to think of what resources Heaven and Hell would require... and I decided it must be souls. Heaven needs good souls, so it will attempt to purify the civilians before they die. Hell needs tarnished souls, so it will try to twist them before they die. And humanity needs LIVE souls, so it will try to keep the civilians as far as possible from either other faction.

So, in my theoretical game, humanity would be placing recruiting centers and gathering normal resources. Heaven would be placing churches and hospitals to gather repentant souls. And Hell would be placing brothels and gambling halls to gather evil souls. All of them act like roach motels... try to get the little civvies inside, and then they get 'processed' depending on the faction which got 'em.

Humanity would have the easiest time getting people, for obvious reasons (perhaps by default), but they need to gather normal resources as well. Heaven and Hell only need souls, and so need to spend more resources to get them. It would make an interesting 3 way conflict over the major resource... civilians.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven

17. No subject Apr 26, 2005, 06:13 aldo_14

I always liked the idea of a mid-60s set shooter of this ilk, myself. I had a neat vision* of Hueys sweeping in over vast firey pits of doom!

*not in the biblical sense.

16. Re: ... Apr 26, 2005, 05:50 Viranth

Demon comes out of his hell dimension and bumps into a human. The human looks at the demon and says:
"You look ugly, what are you?"
The demon smiles and says "Hell-o, my name is demon 5, I will be giving you booze, sex and anything unchristian".

Then suddenly a big white cloud appears overhead, and an angel floats down to the ground beside the demon and human. The angel says "Heaven-o good human, I will not allow you to do all those things, here is a bible go spread the word and you shall get into heaven, which is like SO much better than the stinkhole hell is."

The End.

So what did we learn from this? Well we learned that heaven will use bibles to win, and there is nothing hell can use to defeat that power with.

We also learned how demons and such from hell greet each other, they say "Hello". While angels and other creatures from heaven will say "Heaveno". (Based on a true story, some christian nuts stopped saying hello because it has hell in it).

15. Re: ... Apr 26, 2005, 04:42 Zephalephelah

I think the most interesting aspect of the game is that it will be 2455 or thereabouts. Considering where we were in history 450 years ago in the 16th century with our knights of armor and the plague, bad teeth, America just discovered, maps all wrong & incomplete, and the fastest a human could go is horsespeed, it will be interesting to see what they suggest such a distant future to be.

Personally, I can't even begin to think of how things will be then. I can make wild guesses about people having implants to take care of their nutritional needs by some sort of photosynthesis for humans so that food becomes nothing more than entertainment value. Other implants for telekenisis. But I'm willing to bet that we will be like the Borg in a lot of ways, all tied together through some evolved version of the living internet, the image of man, the beast.

At least it is something to check out.

14. Re: ... Apr 26, 2005, 03:31 anon@24.76

Bill Borre:jeeze, havnt been paying attention to church or what?
Tons of americans believe in the rapture, thats why alot of those people dont care about the environment or any long term effects. Because they believe they are going to get wisked off to heaven any day now, while the rest us get screwed over.
here it is in comic book form
http://www.e-sheep.com/apocamon/
its great.

13. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 01:07 Jaenos

Didn't I see this on South Park?

12. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 01:01 Undead Scottsman

Angels, from how I see it, are the hands of God; which means they'd be insanely powerful. Shit, there's an angel of death for crying out loud.

Demons, to me, seem to fit more into the "swarm them" kind of playstyle.

11. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 00:49 ExcessDan

i would think it would be the opposite. pasty girlies in robes with wings don't seem like they'd be too powerful

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"

ExcessDan

10. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 00:44 Undead Scottsman

I'm gonna call it that the Heaven units will be expensive and powerful, the Hell units will be cheap and weak and the human units will be middle of the road.

9. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2005, 00:04 PHJF

Oh snap, I was just mentioned weeks ago how cool an idea this was... only I would include a Hell playing field, a Heaven playing field, and a special Earth field where sides would compete for souls (the resource) through subterfuge. The earth part would be like Sim City, and the Heaven Vs. Hell battles would be traditional play.

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2005, 22:52 ExcessDan

maybe keanu is a hero unit for the human side
i hope jesus is a unit

Mayor Dan
------------

ExcessDan

7. No subject Apr 25, 2005, 22:20 Ghost

So basically, your like keanu reevs.

I was hoping this was going to be some form of south park game for the psp. Oh well.

6. Re: ... Apr 25, 2005, 21:31 ViRGE

Where's Kenny when we need him?
And why isn't it being released on the PSP!?

5. Re: ... Apr 25, 2005, 21:11 The Half Elf

Didn't Lucasarts do this game 10 years ago?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: ... Apr 25, 2005, 21:10 Bill Borre

If you're refering to the flood, that is the Old Testament.

3. Re: ... Apr 25, 2005, 21:07 ExcessDan

The Christian mythology said he just about did it once so why not again?

This game sounds interesting.

Mayor Dan
------------

ExcessDan

2. Re: ... Apr 25, 2005, 20:59 Bill Borre

So let me get this straight. If you play on the side of Heaven, your goal is to wipe out humanity? How positively Christian. Some game devs ought to take a few more philosophy classes in college.

1. ... Apr 25, 2005, 20:43 JediLuke

Where's Kenny when we need him?

~Steve

http://stevegoldbergmusic.com

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo