Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Pariah Multiplayer Demo

The promised Pariah multiplayer demo is now available right on schedule, offering a sample of Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Front Line Assault in Digital Extreme's upcoming first-person shooter. The 309 MB download is available on 3D Gamers, 4players.de (Germany), Boomtown (registration required), Computer Games Romania, FileFront, FilePlanet (registration required), Filerush (torrent), Fragland.net, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot DLX (registration required), Happy Puppy (registration required), and Worthplaying.

View
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

23. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 15:32 Erratic

IRT # 19, 20

I have tried the demo, or else I wouldn't have commented. Yeah the mouse movement doesn't "feel" that great but it's not that bad. I played on 1.50 and it was fine. Nothing too far off from the Unreal games with the movement.

I didn't really find anything wrong with the game, just nothing exceptional about it. The graphics are sufficient, the combat is like a more focused and slower UT2k4. Hopefully the SP offers a bit more.

----------------------
- Erratic

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2005, 15:29 Skookum

Better the original Unreal than Unreal 2.

I enjoyed this, but it sure as hell doesn't have anything new or innovative to offer. There's a few bugs in the audio (what's with that annoying crushing noise?) and the video. I'll stick with UT2004, thank you.

21. No subject Apr 15, 2005, 14:53 Malakai

I hope the singleplayer is not like the original Unreal. That sucked big time. The first two levels, maybe just even the first level, was/were excellent then it just became some annoying "dammit when am i going to finish this level" game.

Now if it were more like Unreal 2, that would keep my interest for a bit longer im sure.

20. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 14:43 waxthirteen

Okay. Then change the sensitivity...I'm not going to assume you see that as a bug, no one can be that stupid. Because bitching about the default setting is bad enough.

no, he's right... try it yourself. the mouse movement feels jittery and off.

19. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2005, 14:41 Mad Max RW

Erratic, that's the first thing I did. The default was something like 3 or 4 which is already super low but insane to control. Anything more than 2.50 is unplayable.

Try the demo out for yourself to see how awful it is. For more people echoing what I already said check Beyond Unreal or the official Pariah forums.

There's no other way to describe it. Pariah is another botched console port. If the problems were fixed it'd still be like a watered down UT2k4. Unreal 2 blows it away. And that says something.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 14:41.

18. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 14:35 nin

If you re-read your link yourself you will notice Digital Extremes mentioned.

That was my point, yes.

May 3rd, 2005 - "We are preparing to destroy you." http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Bleh Apr 15, 2005, 14:32 Viranth

Boring game, I just can't get to like unreal type shooters. *uninstalls*

16. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 14:31 Erratic

Right away the game is VERY buggy. The mouse sensitivity is way off.

Okay. Then change the sensitivity...I'm not going to assume you see that as a bug, no one can be that stupid. Because bitching about the default setting is bad enough.

----------------------
- Erratic

15. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 14:22 smook

If you re-read your link yourself you will notice Digital Extremes mentioned. They DID have a BIG part in ALL the UT's to date. EPIC infact partnered with DE and also EPIC organized the marketing of the game. I am in Toronto and have talked to the guys at DE. I met them at FragFest in Toronto two years ago. They also had a very big part in 2003/4. They did the modelling and dynamics for all the UT's. EPIC handled maps/marketing/and mmost coding gameplay for the PS2/XBOXs.

14. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 14:01 nin

Digital extremes did NOT do the First Unreal Single Player game. That was all Epic.

Nope. Try again:

http://unreal.com/press/unreal_ships_pr.html

"Unreal is the combined vision of the talented and dedicated teams at Epic MegaGames and Digital Extremes, who shared the dream of creating the most captivating action/adventure game ever," says Mark Rein, vice president of Epic MegaGames, Inc. "We're confident that gamers around the world will believe that their wait was well worth it when they sit down to play."

May 3rd, 2005 - "We are preparing to destroy you." http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:58 Fugazi

Nice way to disagree with someone...and you are incorrect to boot!
Although I must admit you meet my expectations for someone who posts their PC specs and 3dmark score in their sig.

The CRTC needs to be destroyed.

12. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2005, 13:55 Mad Max RW

Damn edit button is broken...

Wanted to add that I play UT2004 with all settings maxed at 1600x1200 with an average framerate of 60+. So technically I shouldn't have problems with Pariah. Has a very Invisible War demo feel to it.

11. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 13:52 Mad Max RW

Played it for a little over an hour. Make sure you install the included version of DirectX and disable Powerstrip if you have it. I had to reinstall and do all sorts of crap to get the demo running correctly.
Right away the game is VERY buggy. The mouse sensitivity is way off. Walking and jumping is floaty. The gravity is fucked up.
Vehicle steering is exclusively through the mouse, which sucks. Turning around or driving backwards is frustrating as all hell.

Even though it looks like a less polished version of UT2004 it runs kinda crappy. No matter what settings or resolution. Again, it could be the mouse and fucked movement that creates the illusion of lag.

I can't think of a single reason to download this demo. Stick with UT2004. Hell, Unreal 2 and XMP was way better.

10. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:51 TERATOGEN

For some reason I can't edit my post. Anyway when I said:
Hehe, Sorry dude you're wrong on that one.
I was replying to this one:
Digital extremes did NOT do the First Unreal Single Player game. That was all Epic.

- Uncle Tera

9. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:48 TERATOGEN

Hehe, Sorry dude you're wrong on that one.  
- Uncle Tera

8. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:47  Tangent 

He's right, the principles at DE developed the origional Unreal, UT, ect.
Epic's only done 2k4 and uc2 fully in house.

7. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:33 Hellbinder

What in the HELL are you talking about???

Pentium 4 3.12ghz 800 FSB HT
Abit IC7-G MAXX2
1G Corsair DDR-400
40GB Raptor 10,000RPM SATA
120GB 7,000RPM SATA
[b]Radeon 9800XT 425/382 (CAT3.8/DX9) [color=red]3Dmark03 7074[/color][/b]
[color=blueompare [url]http://service.futuremark.com/compar

The Whales name is Bob.

6. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:30 vacs

Where exactly do you get its like the Original UT? This is pure console crap.

Is the game really that bad? Most comments I read so far about Pariah were not very enthousiastic about it.

I'm more interested in the single-player game because those guys also did the original Unreal SP game which I really liked. Hopefully is not just another designed-for-console-title-and-then-ported-in-their-spare-time-to-pc game.

5. Re: HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 13:13 Devourer

Where exactly do you get its like the Original UT? This is pure console crap.

4. HOOT! (HOT) Apr 15, 2005, 12:42 smook

This game is from Digital Extremes. The guys who did Unrealtournament 99, 2003, 2004! I understand it will be closer to the first ut99 play. Which I preferred.
Frag you online.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 12:43.

83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo