Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New NVIDIA Drivers

The NVIDIA WinXP/2k Drivers Page now offers new version 71.89 ForceWare reference drivers. The new drivers add support for the GeForce 6200 with TurboCache, NVIDIA PureVideo™, and NVIDIA SLI; support for DirectX 9.0c and OpenGL 1.5; and address an issue with overclocking not working when running GPUs in SLI mode.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 12:35 Rseman

Thanks for that Zathrus. Seemed the obvious advantage to me, but I'v never seen it covered in any reviews of the cards. I'll check them out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Apr 15, 2005, 09:22 Zathrus

Anyone tried these in SLI and, if so, can you run a monitor off each connector, making a total of 4?

As I recall -- yes, but all the other monitors will go blank when you go into SLI mode.

There was an article on either Ars Technica or Tech Report that talked about this... check them out if you want more details.

24. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 22:09 Sho

Well, mostly it's because the images on the DVD are interlaced, and need to be deinterlaced in order to be displayed on a PC screen (and not for the TV), which is a lossy process. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinterlacing

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 22:10.

23. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 21:47 Jerykk

As a matter of fact, I liked the dvd picture quality better going out on my tv through the tv-out than directly on my pc monitor, and I have a very good monitor to begin with.

Watching DVDs and movies in general will always look better on the television because that's what they were designed for. Monitors have too high resolutions, meaning that you notice every imperfection of the picture when watching a movie. This is why a lot of DVDs look grainy on a monitor but fine on a television.

22. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 20:52 John

Haha, it's the newest sensation that's sweeping the nation! All ti4200 owners must trade up to MSI 6600GT's NOW!

I will if your pa can get me one at cost as well.

This space is available for rent

21. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 19:48 SirKnight

I have used the tv-out on my 6800 GT (using an S-Video to RCA convertor) to record DVDs to a VHS and it worked perfectly! When playing the dvd on my pc, the quality on the tv looked perfect, just like it does when I play a dvd in the other room in a real dvd player going to the tv using svideo. As a matter of fact, I liked the dvd picture quality better going out on my tv through the tv-out than directly on my pc monitor, and I have a very good monitor to begin with.

20. Re: Apr 14, 2005, 19:37 Rseman

While we're on a question and answer session.....

Anyone tried these in SLI and, if so, can you run a monitor off each connector, making a total of 4?

Edit: Must STOP dropping second 'F' when typing 'oFF'....

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 19:38.

19. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 19:05 ExcessDan

Haha, it's the newest sensation that's sweeping the nation! All ti4200 owners must trade up to MSI 6600GT's NOW!

Mayor Dan
------------
"Take me Jesus, take me Allah, rape me in my room
Torch our days in paranoia while we gorge ourselves on gloom"

ExcessDan

18. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 19:04 cyxxon

Well, me too, GF4200 128MB -> MSI 6600GT...

17. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 18:58 ExcessDan

So Morgan or anyone else that switched from the ti4200, has the TV-out improved?

Mayor Dan
------------

ExcessDan

16. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 18:54 ExcessDan

Halsy, thanks but my dear ole pa gets them for me at cost.

what about the Gigabyte brand. It's 20 dollars less

Mayor Dan
------------
This comment was edited on Apr 14, 19:02.

ExcessDan

15. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 18:47 StarHawk

I don't have the AGP but I do have the MSI PCI-E 6600GT and am very happy with it. Haven't done a lot of overclocking with it but it easily does 550/1200. Don't think the AGP would be much different.

Aquamark
http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=1763884059

14. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 18:39 Adam

Hey Mayor Dan,

I have not had a chance to try the tv-out yet. All I know is all the issues I had with my ATi card are no longer present with this card and that is fine with me.

13. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 16:15 Halsy

Dan check canadacomputers.com for pricing.

"Martin Luther was a German fellow who pinned a note on a church door that said, 'Hang on a minute!' Actually, he was German so it said, 'Ein minuten bitte!'"
- Eddie Izzard

"And then, suddenly and without warning, it turned into a real-life case of hungry, hungry hippos."
- Stephen Colbert

12. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 16:07 Morgan19

Add me in to the Ti4200 -> 6600GT crowd. I up'ed for HL2 and am very happy with it.

m19

11. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 15:31 Moonbender

Heh, apparently the switch from Ti4200 to 6600 is popular. I've been pushing it off for, well, about since the first AGP 6600 was released. The only thing stopping me is that I just don't have any problems with the performance I'm getting at the moment. I guess it'll happen eventually.

Edit: BTW, the first out-of-the-box passively cooled 6600s are slowly becoming available now... that's pretty sweet.
This comment was edited on Apr 14, 15:33.

10. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 15:17 ExcessDan

hey adam, i forgot to ask you

how is the tv-out on the card? i use my tv out a lot (unfortunately I downgrade the s-video to the regular yellow rca jack though)

Mayor Dan
------------

ExcessDan

9. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 15:16 Gatzby

I upgraded from a Ti4200 to the MSI 6600 GT AGP and have been very pleased. I did have a few issues with with some models(the trees) in Joint Operations, but newer drivers seem to have fixed that. Better fps, higher resolutions, more features turned on, etc. Running a P4 2.4 800 FSB, 1024 DDR3200 Kingston ram, and an Abit IS7-E board.

8. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 15:02 Jedi Knight USMC

With my 19inch flat panel playing @ 60gz isn't bad at all, but then again flat panals work different, so I haven't missed the refresh override at all.

7. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2005, 14:14 ExcessDan

Our systems are very similar.. the only main difference is that I have the 64 3000+. So i will take that as an extra good sign that this is the card I should get then.

Have you thought of using the new 64-bit windows? I'm curious about speed improvements within Windows.

Mayor Dan
------------

ExcessDan

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo