Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hello World

From the reporting the obvious department, after over seven weeks, the databases and other aspects of this website that were damaged when the server melted down have been recovered. For now I just want to thank the folks responsible for getting things back together, which include CBL Data Recovery, UGO and their IT guru Chris, Furn, and in particular Frans, for the great deal of time and effort that this all entailed. Thanks to all of you too, for your patience with this situation... there may be some things that still need to be tidied up going forward, but for the most part I think everything is pretty much back in place again now.

Whew!

View
116 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

116. No subject Apr 6, 2005, 19:05 Crunch

Kudos and stuff. Great to see the site finally back full steam.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

115. Re: WOOHOOO! Apr 6, 2005, 18:07 Tango

Happy Bday XxxXXxxXXXXxBatman

114. Wooohooo Apr 6, 2005, 15:35 MrJonesPY

Excelente Blue! Nice to see the site back up & running.
Chears!

113. Re: WOOHOOO! Apr 6, 2005, 12:21 Warhawk

My birthday will now live on forever!

Happy Birthday, dude!

Ditto! Happy B-Day!

*** Warhawk ***

Who elected you leader of this outfit?

I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

112. shhhhhhhhhhhhh... Apr 6, 2005, 11:31 BFSoLo.

Being as it is 11:30am est. April 6th and there is still no new updates on the page, I would go as far as to say Blue is finally sleeping for the first time since this all happened ....

U deserve it Blue !
Rest my friend.
Another job well done !

111. Re: Ahh . . . sweet merciful news Apr 6, 2005, 11:22 Decoy

Party in the Hizzouse!

110. Re: Ahh . . . sweet merciful news Apr 6, 2005, 11:05 UttiniDaKilrJawa

WOOOTY WOOT WOOT!!!!

IT LIVES!!!!

109. Ahh . . . sweet merciful news Apr 6, 2005, 10:58 Stin

It's back - I almost couldn't believe my eyes.

Congrats Blue - that was a long . . . month? How long was it down?

--
Stin

108. Re: WOOHOOO! Apr 6, 2005, 10:55 nin

Happy Birthday, dude!

May 3rd, 2005 - "We are preparing to destroy you." http://www.nin.com

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

107. yay Apr 6, 2005, 10:52 bovan

finally!  
bovan

106. WOOHOOO! Apr 6, 2005, 10:45 xXBatmanXx

This is awesome.

I share April 5th with the second coming of CHRIST! er... BLUESNEWS!

xXBatmanXx - fka BatmanX & Batman

Just say NO to drugs propaganda.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

105. Woot Apr 6, 2005, 10:44 Creston

Welcome back everyone.

Creston

104. Re: Steam 04/01 Apr 6, 2005, 10:32 tron

Did anyone else see Steam update talking about a "CS:S realism change"?

Sixis, here's a copy-paste of the "realism changes"

Friday, April 1 2005

An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This update addresses requests for more realism in Counter-Strike: Source. The changes are as follows:

Features/Additions
Doubled player speed when jumping. The effect to cumulative, so the more you jump, the faster you go.
Cut price of AWP by 50%.
Added akimbo Riot Shield to buy menu.
Removed de_dust from mapcycle.
Realism Enhancements:

Knives:
Between rounds, it is suggested that you unsheath the weapon and repeatedly press the attack key to air it out as the leather now collects moisture and creates pits on the blade, making it less effective in the next round.

Shotguns:
1. Firing the shotgun without ammo loaded will now cause it to jam.
2. When the shotgun jams, press F2 to fill out form DA-1823-00/A12-H8.
3. You should then hear a scribbling sound. When it stops, press F3 to send the request to LIDM.
4. Failure to do paperwork before pressing F3 will result in the immediate return of the unrepaired shotgun.
5. The repairs can take 1-2 rounds for completion. During that time, you cannot purchase a replacement firearm and may only use your sidearm or knife.

Player Models:
Several models now feature eyewear. This is a completely cosmetic enhancement with the following exceptions:

Part EP-7829-292-2 must be purchased and worn correctly at all times in order to see during the round.

In between rounds, you may purchase and use part EC-2231-833-H34 to clean your EP-7829-292-2. Note: that this does not clean the eyewear itself!

To clean the eyewear, you need to purchase and use the designated cleaner, EC-2231-233-H34, EC-2231-523-H34, or EC-2231-239-H34a respectively depending on your model's eyewear. You can determine the part # of the correct cleaner by asking someone.

Machine and submachine guns:

At least once every five rounds, press F1 to inspect the weapon:
A musical cue indicates that the inspection has started. Now press F1 again repeatedly to clean and lubricate the weapon.

Your Preventative Maintenance Status (either "cleaning" or "lubricating") is determined by the speed with which you press the F1 key and will be displayed above your head.

To accurately simulate real life maintenance mistakes, pressing F1 too quickly will lubricate either the bolt face or the trunnion block. Pressing F1 too slowly sprays lubricant directly into the buffer tube. All mistakes render the gun inoperable, though this may not become immediately apparent.

Experiment with keypress timing to avoid (and discover!) other common maintenance errors.

In order to balance the improved stopping power of a well-maintained weapon, the reloading process has been made much less reliable.

When reloading, you should listen for two or three distinct clicks over a period of several seconds.

If you hear one click or no clicks or more than two clicks, you've bent the link ejector chute and the gun will most likely explode on the next attempt to fire it, though it may not.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box

103. Re: Congrats! Apr 6, 2005, 10:20 Rolphus

Congrats, Blue. I'm glad to see the goldmine of gaming news and info got recovered!

On a side note, I actually gave the CBL Data Recovery guys a call just now; I've had a couple of desktop HDs go wrong and haven't had much success finding a reasonably-priced data recovery company with offices in the UK that actually comes recommended. Thanks for the info!

102. Re: Congrats! Apr 6, 2005, 10:12 Frijoles

Congrats on getting everything working again. Even my cookie still works; didn't have to relogin.

101. Congrats! Apr 6, 2005, 10:04 MacD

Good on you, Blue! Like the hundred others (funnily enough the first time posts are back up and I see the post counter at exactly 100 :)), I just had to take the old system out for a spin

100. Re: Huzzah! Apr 6, 2005, 09:37 mrBallistic

congrats blue! it's great to see it all back together again.  

---

check my site, download my mp3s:
http://www.mrballistic.com/

99. Huzzah! Apr 6, 2005, 09:29 Parallax Abstraction

Well, slap me arse and call me Sally boyei, I'd been missing this place. Great to see you back at it Blue. Now all we need is Derek Smart and it'll be like nothing ever happened. Sure you can't dig up some obscure news about 3000AD (well, less obscure than normal?)

DEREK SMART!!!

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
StateOfGaming.org Coming Soon

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

98. hot damn Apr 6, 2005, 09:16 Yutz

bout time, nice to have this back

97. Cool Apr 6, 2005, 09:11 World war 3

Cool Blue's's back online

_______________________ __ _

http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net Updated October 3rd 2004

http://www.worldwar3.cjb.net Updated April 17th 2009