Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider Plans

Promising more details in a week, Eidos Unveils First Details of Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend has initial word on plans for the next Tomb Raider game, describing the development team's efforts on returning the franchise to its roots:

As a result, Eidos is evolving the brand while building on the original values of compelling character and suspense-filled adventure gameplay. Crystal Dynamics has brought together the biggest and most diverse development team in Tomb Raider history and recruited Lara Croft's original creator Toby Gard as the lead character designer.

"Even before the first title launched, Lara Croft had to fight her way into the Tomb Raider franchise, since at the time most game characters were muscle-bound blokes," said Gard. "The Lara Croft character is resilient and totally unstoppable. In Tomb Raider: Legend, we explore these core personality traits and reveal the Lara Croft gamers have been waiting to see."

Tomb Raider: Legend revives the athletic, intelligent and entertaining adventurer who won the hearts and minds of gamers worldwide. Lara comes alive with intricately animated expressions, moves and abilities. An arsenal of modern equipment, such as a magnetic grappling device, binoculars, frag grenades, personal lighting device and communications equipment, allows gamers to experience tomb raiding as never before.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: At least... Apr 7, 2005, 05:18 hebrew_national

If Lara has bigger tits in the sequel, I'm all for it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. The Lara gamers are waiting to see: Apr 7, 2005, 03:42 tetsu96

[i]"we explore these core personality traits and reveal the Lara Croft gamers have been waiting to see"[/i]
So this is gonna be Lara's nekid pr0n adventure? The series is spent beyond that...

5. Re: Apr 6, 2005, 07:49 Zetler

The original Tomb Raider was the killer app for the PS and 3Dfx. I can't recall a single game to break so much grounds on two different platforms.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 07:49.

4. Re: Apr 6, 2005, 00:42 MyRealName

The only fun parts were when Lara, well, raided tombs. They really need to look at this series and get it back on track...

Well put. I wish they never screwed this series up. Ah, to once again wander the Tomb of Tihocan or Palace Midas.

3. Re: At least... Apr 5, 2005, 22:42 Prez

The only regret I had is that the controls are probably the worst for any TR game.

OMG THEY FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THE CONTROLS WORSE?!?

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 22:42.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: At least... Apr 5, 2005, 22:14 vacs

I played the last game and it was horrendous. In addition to the gameplay bugs, the performance was insane; c e r t a i n p o r t i o n s r u n c r a z y s l o w.

Funny, I just played through TRAOD now for the first time and I found that it run extremely smooth on my 6800U at 1280x960 with extreme high details.

Gameplay wise I actually enjoyed the game except the first Prague levels. Once you were inside the tomb again, everything was fine. Nice use of shaders throughout the Paris levels eventhough this was the first game using PS2.0 shaders and no one really knew at that time what PS2.0 is really capable of.

I really loved the soundtrack of the game, especially the title theme.

The only regret I had is that the controls are probably the worst for any TR game.

1. At least... Apr 5, 2005, 21:45 Ray Marden

...the new model is more realistic, even if she is 80% legs.

I played the last game and it was horrendous. In addition to the gameplay bugs, the performance was insane; c e r t a i n p o r t i o n s r u n c r a z y s l o w.

The only fun parts were when Lara, well, raided tombs. They really need to look at this series and get it back on track...

Having played and beaten every PC TR game %),
Ray

-----
ph33r m3h: AY3 H@CE T3H BRAODB@ND IN-TUH-NET!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo