Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Gold - NASCAR SimRacing

EA Sports sends news that NASCAR SimRacing has taken the green flag, and is now gold:

Hi we just wanted to drop you a line to let you know that NASCAR SimRacing, under the EA SPORTS brand, has gone gold! NASCAR SimRacing was developed expressly for PC simulation fans and will ship to retail outlets nationwide on Tuesday, February 15th.

NASCAR SimRacing was developed over an 18 month period by an internal PC development team at EA Tiburon. The game features the first ever NASCAR Career Mode where drivers will progress thru the Craftsman Truck Series, Busch Series, and NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series.

While progressing through the game, players will have in depth telemetry data that will allow sim enthusiasts to find the ultimate car set up for the 25 authentic NASCAR tracks available in the game. Pre-designed setups are available for less experienced drivers.

Online racing features a full field of 43 real drivers, the largest field in any racing game. Talk it up with your competition with Voice Over IP (microphone and broadband connection required).

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. in related news Feb 1, 2005, 21:10 NaturalPoint-Warren

btw, this title will support full 6DOF view control for TrackIRs with Vector Expansion. We haven't been able to mention this everywhere we'd like, due to the craziness of the "NASCAR" logo licensing/usage. but.
it's in.
exciting.
FOR ME.

While I don't really get racing sims, they do seem somewhat on the rise this year. hmmf. anywho. blah blah.

here's to hoping more FPS games start supporting unprecendented new input devices!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 09:53 sidepocket

WarPig-
That seems to be a problem with all Nascar games I've played including NR2003. I get frustrated with it as well so I just turn on auto-braking. Seems to ease the tension a bit.

10. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 09:47 WarPig

The driving part of the demo was good but I had a problem with the AI - way too inconsistent. Powering past in the straights like they had an extra 100 hp and then sometimes slamming on their brakes going into corners making it impossible to avoid a rear end collision.

-------------------------------------------------------
"That's inside-out boy. His mouth is in his belly, so he's gotta slap at his vocal chords with his bladder in order to make words."

GO SEAHAWKS!

9. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 09:40 pob

i did alot of n2003, super great, and not all circles either. road courses were ace. thing is i became too addicted to it, so once my steering wheel broke i took the decision to leave it broken (and also after thrustmaster took 6 months to send me a replacement spring. not just any spring, no, but the wrong spring too)..

8. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 09:35 Mr Gar

Mmmmmmm circles. A bit much for me though. I prefer drag racing sims with just straight lines.

7. What I havent seen... Feb 1, 2005, 09:07 The Half Elf

is any mention or screenshots of body damage. As much as I love driving games/simulations it's just no fun when ya crash into something at 100mph and your car is still intact.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. about time Feb 1, 2005, 07:43 wiltshire

I've been using Nascar 2003 from Sierra since it came out and am getting tired of it.
Was looking on the EA sports site yesterday and didn't see any mention of a PC version.
About time EA supports a full field for online racing, thats what kept me away from them in the past.

5. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 07:19 WebDemon

Well then go read HardOCP if want hardware and FPS's. Instead of GAME NEWS from a GAMING SITE.

4. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 07:13 Mustang60348

So frax, what should Blues News post about.

Perhaps we should rename the site to FraxNews.

What a self centered liddle kid you are.

Go outside today, have a look around. YOU aren't the only person on the planet, and quite frankly you are probably so insignificant that you don't matter at all.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 07:14.

3. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 03:34 Frax

I just don't think this kind of stuff really belongs on Blue's, that's all. Kind of like the MMO stuff. Guess I'm just too Oldschool Blue. I want to hear about hardware and FPS'es here, not freakin' NASCAR and some upstart MMO that makes the poop-squirts with corn look good with it's shoddy graphics engine.

2. Re: Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 01:57 sidepocket

I'm about as city-boy as you can get and I can't wait for this game. And yes, I love to watch NASCAR as well.

1. Blue's News? Feb 1, 2005, 01:34 Frax

Looks like it's officially become Red(neck)'s News.

Yes, you too can drive in circles on your computer! WOO-HOO!

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo