Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Patch Plans

The World of Warcraft version 1.2.2 Patch Notes on WorldofWar.net have notes on a patch for European World of Warcraft beta that also apply to the next patch for the retail North American edition of Blizzard's MMORPG. All the changes listed are bug fixes.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 11:37 Sixis

YES! Another patch goes by and they still haven't nerfed Paladins! We all knew crusader was buggy, and for grouping you have to use fury and heal anyway. But really, tank like the warrior and invulnerability and healing and resurrection?!

Mwuahahahaha, still the uber-class!

(except for shaman's, but they don't count because the horde is vile and shall be eradicated!)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. No subject Jan 29, 2005, 07:13 Brym

I was kind of hoping for a fix to one of the 2 bugged, uncompletable quests in desolace. No wonder that zone is so deserted all the time...

It seems like the early patches had a lot more bug fixes. I remember they did actually fix the 2 bugged quests in stonetalon just after I had finished up that zone.

10. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 06:34 Ray Marden

Eh, it is typical Blizzard.

It can never make an open, timely patch note release; you have to visit the European site to see what is going on.

Is it even working on a fairly wide-ranging patch of the various broken issues? I presume it is, but the company has forsaken "In develompent..." updates.

Where is the love for the warrior? First off, let me take the current fix. I do not know what that note is talking about; the tooltip lists intercept as needing 15 rage and that is what intercept needs to work, at least on my end. I just started fooling around with this stance recently and, when doing a blood rage and repeatedly pressing intercept, my toon did nothing until I had 15 rage. This is more than just a typo on a tooltip...

As for the stance itself,.....broken. Excluding the once every thirty minutes attack, it has maybe...four unique (restricted solely to that stance) skills and they are all nearly pointless. Slam has no use; it is weaker than the already-available heroic strike and has no affect on it like concussion blow does. Otherwise, you have a copycat charge attack that is nearly made pointless by needing 15 rage (again, I lament the warrior-only need to build up power for specials, especially in its current form,) a copycat cleave attack (which, again, is already-available in this stance,) a copycat shield bash attack, and a command to gain a little bit more rage.

Whee, hold back my excitement.

I can see a little argument for the warriors being strong from the tests, but Blizzard definitely put the smack down on the warrior class - overly so. Alternately, if Blizzard is so deeply concerned about powerful classes, it certainly has not done squat to deal with the obvious Paladain/Shaman issues. For all the tests, why did Blizzard make such sweeping, drastic changes to classes literally immediately before shipping?

Meanwhile, Blizzard is completely ignoring the numerical typos (as listed on the mob) from applying talent points to sunder armor. This has been there from day one and, even with this current upcoming patch, Blizzard won't even fix a numerical typo.
Lazy
These are almost pointless fixes, the company really has nothing to say about the other issues, and fairly obvious issues are just left ignored.

Shrugging; thinking this is same 'ol, same 'ol Blizzard,
Ray

-----
Half-Life 2: All that and a bag of chips!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

9. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 06:10 Krovven

Considering how much is broken with the game and they are going 4 to 6 weeks between patches...I find this patch to be rather underwhelming. I play a lvl 57 Hunter, and all they fix for Hunters is the pets "tag" so your target cant be claimed by someone else if you havent fired at it yet. This bug is the least of my worries with the Hunter class.

----------------------------------------------------
Zero Tolerance Games Counter-Strike: Source server.
http://www.ztgames.com

8. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 04:00 Swerv

Without reading the patch notes I guess its nerf this, nerf that, make this stronger, make that stronger, change a few things, fix a few bugs.

Well if you'd been abe to read the whole 2 sentences of the news post you'd see that "All the changes listed are bug fixes."

7. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 03:54 Ray Marden

You can; you just have to manually type the /duel command.
Paly is way overpowered - NERF!
Playing with fury stance; finding it quite jumbled,
Ray

-----
Half-Life 2: All that and a bag of chips!
http://users.ign.com/collection/RayMarden
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

6. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 02:09 AcidDrone

welome to the world of blizzard, if you haven't figured that out by now you should smash your face in with a brick.
they've keeping it "fresh" since 1996.

5. No subject Jan 29, 2005, 00:07 nipsyr

Without reading the patch notes I guess its nerf this, nerf that, make this stronger, make that stronger, change a few things, fix a few bugs.

People complain, their character that was strong is weaker, others complain that what was a bug is still a bug, what was fixed was not broken, patch made new bugs, exploits and some old exploits still exist.

People read forums, come up with new builds, build them, then another patch comes and cycle starts over.

4. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2005, 23:31 Pineapple Ferguson

I think it means that you can't duel the opposing faction. Apparently there was some way to do this..

3. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2005, 23:27 DrEvil

Did anybody notice the *biggest* change though? Not really gameplay affecting, but surprising:

"Horde and Alliance members cannot duel with each other regardless of realm type."

Wow. That's kinda bizarre. Basically, no more duels among same faction members. That's really going to piss a lot of people off.

2. No subject Jan 28, 2005, 22:22 D4rkKnight

Noooo not my SotC!

1. No subject Jan 28, 2005, 21:04 Sepharo

Crap there goes my extra oomf for my paladin. Glad I spent all my talent points on Crusader.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo