Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

One of the tests I had at the doctor a couple of weeks ago needs redoing, so I am being forced to go without coffee for the second morning in too short a time. Just shows where my dumb head is at that I am more concerned about my caffeine withdrawal than the possibility that this test is over something serious. That's what I get for being an eternal optimist, albeit a coffee-addicted one.

Play Time: Loser Quiz. I'm 82% loser, but the quiz is skewed (skydiving?).
Link of the Day: Breast Milk Makes My Tummy Yummy. Thanks Thomas.
Stories of the Day: Thai elephants get potty training report.
When devil dogs ruled the world. I'm a Ring-Dings man myself.
Mystery compound in beer fights cancer.
Science!: Air Force may spread wings in near space.
Untidy beds may keep us healthy.
Researchers: Quahogs Can Neutralize Toxin.
Media of the Day: Mine is smaller. Thanks David.
Auction of the Day: D2 Live Journal Community Moderator Ear. Thanks Asparagon.
Follow-up: Judge: Lee Entitled to Some Marvel Profits. Excelsior!
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

47. Re: Loser Test Jan 22, 2005, 05:52 anon@24.76

http://www.exlite.net/ exeem with the spyware should be releaseed in a few days!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

46. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 10:07 Enahs

Can anyone recommend a program for tracking how much (in MB) I'm downloading daily? I'd like to know how much I download a month so when I have to move to capped downloads how much I exceed it by.

If you have a firewall, you might look around it itís settings and such. Many of them having logging, and can log that kind of info.

_____
Enahs
Thatís a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

45. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 09:41 Tango

Holocaust deniers are to history what creationists are to biology. Thick as shit.

Edit: Not to feed the trolls
This comment was edited on Jan 21, 09:42.

44. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 09:10 Zathrus

So.... you're saying Jews weren't singled out and killed en masse by Germans in the mid 20th century?

Don't feed the troll.

But do remember that they weren't the only ones. The Third Reich killed 15 million civilians in the death camps. Of those 9 million were Jewish. Large portions of gypsys, Catholics, and other ethnic or religious groups were also targeted... but not nearly as intently.

And, of course, there were Stalin's purges of 30-50 million Russians in the same time period. But at least he killed everyone without regards to color, creed, race, or religion. Woohoo for equal righ... er, rites!

43. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 07:49 Tango

Can anyone recommend a program for tracking how much (in MB) I'm downloading daily? I'd like to know how much I download a month so when I have to move to capped downloads how much I exceed it by. I know I could just look at my LAN connection properties in network places, but I restart my computer regularly (and, given how dodgy power is in this house, it restarts itself) and I don't want to add it up each time.

Freeware, or shareware

42. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 00:50 Warhawk

R.I.P. Brandon Lee, The Crow was awesome stuff.

The man died way too soon. Very sad.

Need to get this on DVD - watched the VHS version quite a bit, but haven't actually watched it in a few years...

*** Warhawk ***

I got trouble. One of my men got himself perished.

Yeah and who might that be?

Tin Tin, somebody stuck his blades in all his major organs in alphabetical order.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

41. Re: Loser Test Jan 21, 2005, 00:46 Warhawk

I never saw the Crow.

You should.

*** Warhawk ***

Tin Tin, somebody stuck his blades in all his major organs in alphabetical order.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

40. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 21:58 Enahs

You didn't know they change their names to blend in with the slaves? Ya. Milton Berle, Al Jolson, Bob Dylan, yes Bob Dylan(Why do you think he is so famous?), lots of everyone in America who is famous change their names so the master race is not so obvious. The slaves may be stupid, but they are not that stupid if all famous people happen to belong to just one group

What about Rick James? BIAATCH!

_____
Enahs
Thatís a deep kiss too, like the Europeans. You know the French they have to unhinge their jaw to show love.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

39. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 21:19 PHJF

So.... you're saying Jews weren't singled out and killed en masse by Germans in the mid 20th century?

This reminds me of Family Guy when Brian and Stewie were on the tour bus in Germany. The tour guide said all of Germany was on vacation during World War 2, and that they didn't invade Poland: they were invited...

------
ďThe closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

38. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 21:17 WarPig

this years Oscars or Acadaemy awards, I forget which.

Classic! The man is an unintentional comedy goldmine!

I swear to god that I almost added a smartass comment to post #36 about Nazi Joe here but I thought, nah, he's been mostly just a simple psycho lately and hasn't been his ultra idiot anti-Semitic self for awhile.

-------------------------------------------------------
"That's inside-out boy. His mouth is in his belly, so he's gotta slap at his vocal chords with his bladder in order to make words."

GO SEAHAWKS!

37. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 20:34 JosephBlowski

"But then I never saw Schindler's List either until I saw it for £9.99 in Sainsbury's the other day. A happy weekend awaits.

It's definitely a great movie but I doubt it'll put you in a happy mood."

People paying for their propaganda. How much more absurd can you get? I can find plenty of "holocaust" propaganda for you free all over the internet if that is that is your idea of entertainment.

They just had "auschwitz" on TV. I could have taped that for ya and sent it to you for the cost of postage.

Or you could pay money for some good propaganda if you insist on giving your money away. The movie X men is a great movie. The entire set up for the first movie is the exact kind of propaganda you find in schindler's list. The bad guy is, you guessed it, and he was abused by, yes you guessed it.

You could watch the Oscar winner from a fews back. It's a Beautiful Life with Roberto Benigni. "Holocaust propaganda". You could watch another Oscar winner (Do you see the pattern yet?) The Pianist, more "holocaust" propaganda.

Or, again, you can watch for free the lead actor in The Pianist announce this years Oscars or Acadaemy awards, I forget which. Or you could watch any movie with Gwyneth Paltrow, she is the proper race. At least she has some female assets to look out while you suck up the propaganda. Oh. You didn't know they change their names to blend in with the slaves? Ya. Milton Berle, Al Jolson, Bob Dylan, yes Bob Dylan(Why do you think he is so famous?), lots of everyone in America who is famous change their names so the master race is not so obvious. The slaves may be stupid, but they are not that stupid if all famous people happen to belong to just one group.

36. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 19:27 WarPig

But then I never saw Schindler's List either until I saw it for £9.99 in Sainsbury's the other day. A happy weekend awaits.

It's definitely a great movie but I doubt it'll put you in a happy mood.

-------------------------------------------------------
"That's inside-out boy. His mouth is in his belly, so he's gotta slap at his vocal chords with his bladder in order to make words."

GO SEAHAWKS!

35. Re: Loser test Jan 20, 2005, 19:10 Skookum

Thanks Warhawk.
I actually saw that movie. Hard to believe it was 11 years ago!

34. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 19:06 Tango

Well, I am only 7% loser apparently.

Then fuck off outta here. You don't belong.

I never saw the Crow. But then I never saw Schindler's List either until I saw it for £9.99 in Sainsbury's the other day. Usually its one of those dvds (like Silence of the Lambs and Fight Club) that's very hard to get for less than £24.99.

A happy weekend awaits.

I don't even want to know when I'm gonna die. Edit: 78's not too bad.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 19:11.

33. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 18:23 PHJF

R.I.P. Brandon Lee, The Crow was awesome stuff.

------
ďThe closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: Loser Test Jan 20, 2005, 17:50 Awesome Spume

Well, I am only 7% loser apparently.

Then fuck off outta here. You don't belong.

66%, then I picked sky diving and got 62%. The quiz is a POS - official. If I'm a loser with 2 kids, a non-tech job, chairmanship of local commerce and support groups but NO Sky-Diving experience then it's probably skewing my heavy drinking too much. How you can fairly judge some 120 pound college student against me and my drinking exploits baffles me. I can simultaneously avoid meeting my kids and drain off a gallon of cider. Then I go boast about it to my friends. Pah,and that makes me a loser? Pah.

-------------------
If you're a European sign the anti-software-patents petition at:
http://petition.eurolinux.org/

31. Re: Loser test Jan 20, 2005, 17:40 Warhawk

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how the hell would you know he'd been stabbed in alphabetical order? Wouldn't he just have a bunch of holes in him?

It's a quote from the movie "The Crow" - Tin Tin is a bad guy that uses knives to kill people. The line is used for humor more than an accurate portrayal of how he was killed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109506/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxzZz0xfHR0PW9ufHBuPTB8cT1UaGUgQ3Jvd3xteD0yMHxsbT0yMDB8aHRtbD0x;fc=1;ft=27;fm=1

*** Warhawk ***

30. Re: Loser test Jan 20, 2005, 17:31 Skookum

*** Warhawk ***

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how the hell would you know he'd been stabbed in alphabetical order? Wouldn't he just have a bunch of holes in him?

29. Re: Loser lyrics Jan 20, 2005, 15:26 sc4r4b

37% are cooler, and
63% are more of a loser than you...

I will die at 67...

28. Re: Loser lyrics Jan 20, 2005, 15:23 Zathrus

As for the Napoleon Dynamite quote... ha!!! Laughed my ass off when I saw that in there.

Oh, I got that right?

I guessed based on process of elimination. Wonder how much more that would knock my score down by...

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo