Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on the Hip-Hop MMOG

404 Gaming offers further details on their recently unveiled MMOG that will focus on an urban hip-hop theme. The update outlines the list of collaborating artists and staff involved in the project that "reads like a who’s who of the hip-hop community." The folks mentioned include Ad Rock, D.M.C., the late Jam Master Jay, Chuck D, Flava Flav, and the late Notorious B.I.G., though it's not clear what the involvement of the deceased artists could be.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. No subject Jan 20, 2005, 14:20 Kxmode

Translating ebonics-styled leet speak is going to be rough.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. No subject Jan 20, 2005, 14:15 Kxmode

Imagine the tagline. "Become a wannabe gangsta rapper, like you've always dreamed. Carry a gat, and bust a cap on your enemies. Word." This game is destined to become vaporware. The name of the company proves it!

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 14:17.

9. Re: ? Jan 20, 2005, 08:31 DrEvil

I think Matrix Online and this game are going to go head to head for biggest failures. My money is on this game sucking more, if only by a ball hair.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 08:32.

8. ? Jan 20, 2005, 08:11 Sphinx

Please don't besmirch my fond memories of Run-DMC like this. No, I didn't see this article. I'll just be over there listening to the Raising Hell album.

But.. hmm.. if they gave this an 80s theme then you could have turntable battles, breakdancing contests, and have an excuse to put massive gold chains and black fedoras and jumpsuits on your character. I don't think it would sell but just seeing that on my computer would be pretty good.

http://www.sphinx-sanitarium.com

7. Re: Well, I'm guessing Jan 20, 2005, 06:56 Kevlar

The name of the company making this is 404 Gaming?

Are they serious?

6. Re: Well, I'm guessing Jan 20, 2005, 06:19 qster

bind 'd' to 'You got served!'

5. No subject Jan 20, 2005, 06:13 Hump

my God, they ARE serious about this.

can ya feel the IQ points just melt away folks?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes I dream about....cheese. Here, have a medkit"
- Half Life 2 NPC

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

4. Re: Well, I'm guessing Jan 20, 2005, 06:08 Viranth

I wonder if this will be a feature:

"So you're not a gangster in real life, so what? Our technology will translate your writing into gangster language, here is an example:

-Hello, my name is John, I will shoot you today.
Translation: Yo, tha name yo, is teh big J from the hood!!!11! big J from the hood iz gonna bust teh cap in yo ass right! RESPECT!

When you first start out, this translation will be a bit rough, and maybe not realistic enough. But as you level up, we will have better and better translations waiting for you. We're cooperating with names like Flava Flav, Jam Master Jay and other big rap artists to make the language as realistic as possible. And who knows, maybe there will be a surprise guest!

3. Re: Well, I'm guessing Jan 20, 2005, 03:48 judas

"Your Drive-by Shooting skill is now 255"

2. Well, I'm guessing Jan 19, 2005, 23:09 Creston

though it's not clear what the involvement of the deceased artists could be.

Maybe, ehmm, music?

Creston

1. No subject Jan 19, 2005, 22:18 MindTrigger

Stupid Game Idea.

---
http://www.oceas.com/SpreadFireFox

--
He cut the possum's face off then cut around the eye socket. In the center of the belt buckle, where the possum's eye would be, he has placed a small piece of wood from his old '52 Ford's home made railroad tie bumper. Damn, he misses that truck.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo