Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Universal Combat: A World Apart Movies

The UCAWA Movies Page now offers a trio of new gameplay movies from Universal Combat: A World Apart, the upcoming continuation of the UC/Battlecruiser series. The three clips represent more than 36 minutes of footage from the game. Mirrors can be found on 3D Gamers and Fragland.net.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: My God Jan 18, 2005, 05:48 Kajetan

On MY scorecard it reads: immature morons 0 DS -10
So, would you please go away and continue your childish behaviour elsewhere? Thank you, it would be appreciated.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. My God Jan 17, 2005, 22:11 too sweet

At least I dont see cheese responding to you anymore, sheesh give it a break.

On my score card it reads as follows Cheese 10 Halfelf -0.

Sowry but after reading your little hissy fit over this Derek guy your obssesed with it which is sad indeed.

Glad ppl like cheese post here and sorry ppl like you do.

your one negitive MF.

Cheese for pres!!!!
Cheese for pres!!!!

19. LOL... Jan 17, 2005, 20:48 The Half Elf

what is really sad is you have nothing to further your arguments other then to resort to name calling. talk about mature.
And isn't half gay actually bisexual? I mean at least come up with a good insult.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 20:53.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Sweet Jan 17, 2005, 19:37 Cheese

not to worrie as ive already written the halfgay person off for good so you wont see me responding to it anymore i promise.

as far as this future pres thing you seem to have going , LOL I already told ya sweet im not the entity for that position , I like what I do for a living and to be the president of whats going on out here is very hard, demanding, and NUTS. i need to preserve what little sanity i have left for gameing.

Toosweet for Pres!!!! hehe now you can have that position

17. Hey Halfelf Jan 17, 2005, 19:21 too sweet

I will give ya credit that DS has some really great ideas:

Just who the heck do you think you are? Cheese doent need you to give him credit im sure.

Have you programed anything ever? So your the authority of how he should post and what he should say?

Get a life is what you should do, Cheese is sexy youre stale, I laugh at his posts and yours are like from a 10 year old boy who screaming cause someone took your lolly pop.

Stop trying to bait ppl, its so immature.

And leave our future president alone.

16. please stop calling for me Jan 17, 2005, 18:47 Cheese

ok ok already you're right if anything just to shut you up youre right ok, now MOVE on with your life there more important things than wondering about Derek, and stop trying to prove yourself so much to ppl , this is a game forum you have a opinion and i have mine now please stop calling my name. Moron get a life

15. Cheese... Jan 17, 2005, 03:16 The Half Elf

You really need to get a grasp of what you say.

Your saying he's a good programmer yet point out things that are crap in his game, and have been crap in his games for awhile.

And I have every reason in the world to flame Derek Smart. I purchased BC3000AD when it was released from a best buy, and to date it is the only computer program they have ever refunded to me or anyone that I know of after it was open due to the fact they knew it was a crappy product.

I will give ya credit that DS has some really great ideas, but he in no way shape nor form should be a programmer on a game title. He just doesnt have the skill or expertise to follow through.

And you keep changing your posts more so then DS changes his names about what to call his next project.

And Unlike yourself I'm not a fanboi, nor will I ever be of any game let alone any game DS has worked on.

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee, cause Derek Smart has earned by quite a many people, the flames he and his products get.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

14. Hey Halfelf Jan 17, 2005, 01:52 Cheese

Im not in total agreement with you but I am true to what i see and based on the new videos that were shown i have a change of heart, however unless you had prior knowledge how these videos were gonna turn out the debate we had earlier i stand behind all of it.

I think you want me to say you were right all along or something like that, but agian read my first paragraph, you were just flamming DS without prior knowledge of these videos, which I didnt do what you did , I waited till i saw them first and the only thing i said is its like UC which i already have and kinda enjoy, I just see no reason for ME a person who has UC to buy this game cause its very much like what i have already.

If you think that equals the crap you were slinging unbiasly i might add then you better check your self.

No way would i come on screamming about this guy and making myself look like a fool like you did, Hes a programer for gods sake and a pretty decent one at that with a vision that exceeded his budget. so yeah the crow is good. hehe peace Halfelf and nite to ya.

This comment was edited on Jan 17, 01:54.

13. Hey Cheese... Jan 17, 2005, 00:03 The Half Elf

How's that crow tasting?

Told ya so.

12. Don't do it! Jan 16, 2005, 23:46 B M

Don't make fun of Derek Smart Phd. Ed. ASDF. QWERTY.  

11. Lets see Jan 16, 2005, 23:04 Cheese

Bah i give up after re-thinking myself and looking at these movies, unless you bring those planets to life, like make random craft fly overhead and have the characters walk around insteasd of them looking like a bunch of stiffs with no AI of there own, "im not buying this" period, why? cause its the same as UC and i hate to pick on you bro but serious
this time you have to update that sky and ground textures too cause it just looks horrible in 2005.

When is Elite 4 comming out? please hurry, then derek can see what he was trying to do but didnt , cause of lack of budget i figure.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 23:20.

10. For those pressed for time... Jan 16, 2005, 22:30 Camaro76

Clip 1: Game installation. (length: 35 minutes and 50 seconds)

For those new to the Universal Combat series, this clip will introduce you to the Microsoft Windows installer. Details such things as the Windows desktop, picking an install directory, and actual file copying.

Clip 2: Actual gameplay. (length: 7 seconds)

The first part of this clip demonstrates most of the gameplay you will find in Universal Combat. Afterwards, it describes the various industry awards and accolades that Derek Smart has achieved. It finishes with Derek Smart's unique observations regarding the current state of the space-sim gaming market.

Clip 3: Uninstalling the game. (length: 3 seconds)

This clip details the process of removing the game from your system, and removing the CD media from existence.

edit: forgot a period.
---------------------------------------------------
[No pixels were harmed in the making of this post.]
This comment was edited on Jan 16, 22:35.

--------
BOOBIES Filter Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/BOOBIES_filter.user.js
Punk Buster (Ignore Trolls) Greasemonkey script:
http://camaro76.web.aplus.net/punkbuster.user.js

9. Whoa Jan 16, 2005, 22:08 Tigger

No fanboys yet? Holy shit.

--
Tigger
"It's not the years, it's the mileage" ~Indiana Jones

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

8. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 18:39 Crazed-One

Ok I am still lost, now there are movies advertising coffee cup coasters on gaming sites?

7. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 17:02 WebDemon

All the links must be down due to the massive amount of bandwidth eaten up to view these movies because the sheer anticipation of this masterwork. I for one look forward to it, much like I look forward to getting kicked in the balls whilst shaving my head with a cheese grater.

6. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 16:55 Parallax Abstraction

Broken like the game? BA-ZING!

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
StateOfGaming.org Coming Soon

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

5. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 16:23 ZzeusS

Actually, I felt like giving them a look just for grins, but all the links are broken.

Great work!

4. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 15:44 Fantaz

Low budget price point again?

3. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 14:10 Michael Bolton's hair dresser

Boy, filling out this application for a PhD from a diploma mill is really hard work but if the good doktor could do it then so can I yippie!!!

Dr. Michael Bolton's Hairdreser PhD, MD, LLP, DDS

2. Re: DEREK SMART!!! Jan 16, 2005, 14:07 sir

I noticed there have been nine downloads in total off the Fraglands mirror. Way to stick it to giants like EA, Mr. Smart.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo