Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. . Jan 15, 2005, 20:46 seenitall

very little is known about the Revolution except that it may not use a conventional controller and may be able to connect to a PC monitor as well as the traditional TV screen.

wow, games on a pc (monitor)? what a concept!

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 21:02.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Jan 15, 2005, 20:11 The Half Elf

Well the only reason I bought a Gamecube was for Zelda and as soon as I finished it I traded the whole system in.

Gamecube has always been designed for a household with 2 or more kids, and until they realize that the market share of gamers aren't toddlers they are always going to be in last.

As for the DS... I was watching G4 the other day and they had an entire Cinematic dedicated to the DS. And let me tell ya all the games look like crap. They are either ports from from the previous system (the 64) or just crappy looking.

Once the PSP hits the US I'll pick one up, as everything I have seen from it just looks incredible.

But for now my only Console is an Xbox due to Xbox Live.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: Revolution my ass Jan 15, 2005, 18:12 Kobalt

It would help if you actually read what I said. Nothing wrong with being different, another thing when you pretend to be different when you really just try some barely thought out gimmicks.

Im sure there was some morons in nintendo that thought playing gamecube with a gameboy was a great idea.

Shit sonys eyetoy is more innovative then any bullshit nintendo ever did.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 18:13.

2. Re: Revolution my ass Jan 15, 2005, 13:45 Awesome Spume

It would help if you actually read what he said. Effectively they've conceded second place to Microsoft and they're going to try and develop new markets for their new console. It's pure double speak but you can see why he doesn't want to directly compete with Sony and Microsoft. In it's own way the Gamecube was probably either somewhat profitable or not that big a loss to Nintendo - certainly compared to Microsoft and the billions they've thrown at Xbox (part of their long term strategy and always understood to be a loss leader for the second or third version.) If Nintendo was to come to market with a console cum home multimedia centre, the way the PS and Xbox are going then there would be 3 systems all basically doing the same thing and Nintendo would lose out. Their major brands are all single player - Mario Multiplayer? Why? The only thing keeping them in the game is being different and, hopefully, being first and foremost about the games.

EDIT: Mario Kart. God, that was a stupid thing to say, wasn't it? Hey ho. Let's say single player or around the console with your mates multiplayer. No? Dumb..

-------------------
If you're a European sign the anti-software-patents petition at:
http://petition.eurolinux.org/

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 13:47.

1. Revolution my ass Jan 15, 2005, 10:22 Kobalt

When will nintendo stop with the gimicky bullshit and join the 21st century. Xbox and ps2 focus online so nintendo will be inovative by instead focusing on gay gameboy to gamecube connectibility! Shit the two screen ds is so different that most likely 1% of the games will actually use the second screen for something besides a gay gimmick!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo