Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Off to Dr. Toothy again today. Unfortunately this may not be routine... I mentioned cracking a pair of crowns a while back, both of which he repaired with a bit of spackle. Of course, if a crown is going to crack, a splash of bondo has little chance, and sure enough the second repair eventually failed just like the first. What he tells me now, however, is that before attempting a full repair on the damaged dental work, the affected tooth may require a root canal. He's not positive about that, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

R.I.P.: Bollywood star Amrish Puri dies. Thanks Sam.

Play Time: Smash Back.
Links of the Day: 3D2Toy.com. Thanks David.
Stories of the Day: Da speeders - Illinois pair cited 4 times in 1 day in Wisconsin. Thanks Stormbringer.
Tron remake plans on Dark Horizons and Variety.
Radio Hams at Risk from Mains Broadband -Magazine.
Science!: The End of Oil? (thanks Devicer) and Fossil Fuel Curbs May Speed Global Warming - Scientists.
Milky Way's Center Packed with Black Holes. In Snickers it's peanuts.
Scientists Unveil Dinosaur-Eating Mammal in NY.
Images of the Day: Fish Face.
Media of the Day: News Blooper. Can this be real? Thanks Maimas.
Killer Whale vs. Kayak. Guess who wins. Thanks David.
Auction of the Day: My Personal Opinion.
Follow-ups: Setting Off for Comet Collision.
Dr Who return hit by shortage of dwarf actors.
Slashdot | Dispute Continues Over Posthumous Yahoo! Mail.
Thanks Mike Martinez and Ant.

View
130 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

130. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 25, 2005, 14:46 JoeCool

The French were right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

129. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 15, 2005, 06:28  famished 

Yeah - I guess not.

128. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 23:04 JediLuke

But just in case... tell me what is so bad about Israel?

I don't think you want to hear his opinion on that issue...

~Steve

My music: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/imjediluke/

http://stevegoldbergmusic.com

127. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 18:33  famished 

"Remember Ari Fleischer? The Isreali front man for the USA during the invasion of Iraq?"

Ok, my guess is that Joe is someones alter ego making fun of all the geeks on Blues. But just in case... tell me what is so bad about Israel?

126. Re: Da Vinci code Jan 14, 2005, 10:32 ZigZang

There's a new hardback edition of the book that's illustrated, and helps show you the various pieces of art and architecture they're describing in the story. Very cool, and beats looking up stuff on the internet...

Was checking it out on Amazon. Saw the illustrated edition for $2 more, think I'll have to do that and pre-order Harry Potter's new book as well.

ZigZang

125. Re: Da Vinci code Jan 14, 2005, 09:51 nin

I really need to read the book. I've been waiting for it to come out in paperback, but I may just have to bite the bullet and pick up the hardbound edition.

There's a new hardback edition of the book that's illustrated, and helps show you the various pieces of art and architecture they're describing in the story. Very cool, and beats looking up stuff on the internet...

http://tinyurl.com/3vzky

edit: Books generally go into paperback a year after they're published in hardback, but since it's been selling so well in hardback (still in the top 20, I think), they're in no hurry...

http://tds.nin.com/
This comment was edited on Jan 14, 09:53.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

124. Re: Milky Way Jan 14, 2005, 09:48 Jim

"Milky Way's center filled with black holes"

I thought it was filled with creamy nougat - whatever the hell "nougat" is....

I thought it was filled with milk. Wow, can you imagine the size of the teat that produced a galaxy's worth of milk?

Jim

123. Re: Da Vinci code Jan 14, 2005, 09:37 ZigZang

I really need to read the book. I've been waiting for it to come out in paperback, but I may just have to bite the bullet and pick up the hardbound edition.

Anyone know of a resource that lists when it's going paperback?

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 09:39.

ZigZang

122. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 09:17 nin

Speaking of Reno, this one's a no-brainer. He's perfect for the part...

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=43318

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050114g.php

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 09:19.

121. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 09:09 ZigZang

Then spell his freakin' name correct!

LOL! . . . . eh, no.

ZigZang

120. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 07:39 Tango

The shame is there have been adult social / political discussions here, where people have respected each other's opinions, and everything has got along swimmingly. In that respect it's quite a useful resource as far as canvassing opinion. I've had some good debates with Warhawk, Halsy, Jedi et al, without name calling. Sure, occasionally trolling creeps in, occasionally Halsy berates people for being "so stupid" but over all it's good spirited. There's nothing to say OotB has to be gaming related - Blue's OotBs seldom are. Neither do they have to be tiptoeing about not offending anyone. They are discussion forums after all, and there's far more to life than games, unless you are a complete WoW fanatic :).

But yes, I guess we could all do without irrelevant, daily reminders that "Israel is going to get us" or whatever the trolls come up with next. While it's irritating, we all have the opportunity to ignore it.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 07:40.

119. Re: ... Jan 14, 2005, 06:59 Devster

There really needs to be a "NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION ALLOWED" rule here. This forum just isn't good at it.
If it was occasionally sprinkled with the political machinations of the Demokratesch Partei or Déi Gréng in Luxemburg (or basically anywhere but the states, which already has the most widely reported/commented on political environment on Earth), it could be mildly entertaining/informative. As it is, it's the same old hash/rehash of crap, name-calling etc. On a gaming site. The trolls get their replies, they never move on to a more (or likely less) appropriate site. It's too bad we'll never see an "ignore user" option; we could avoid some of the crap. At least we no longer have anonymous posters. The threaded view helps, until some of the better regarded folks get dragged in.

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!

Use your head, don't lose it - Don't feed the trolls!
Boycott Belligerent Boycotters!

118. No subject Jan 14, 2005, 06:49 Malakai

I haven't seen Leon in ages. I started watching it last night, got about 15 mins int it then fell asleep (it was 2am) but i think i'm going to watch it again.

The best way i can think of it is if you imagine Gangs of New York, and The Butcher's acting (can't remember his name) where the butcher basically made the film, and have 3 Butcher class actors as the main stars, with a brilliant story line and just all round great scenes, thats the film.

I guess Hitman could well have been based on Leon in a way, i did notice the original Hitman did have some missions similar to those that appeared in Leon.

Anyway, back to Leon i think. bye bye all

117. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 14, 2005, 05:19 complicity

Professional ranks right next to Heat and Aliens as my all time fav action movies.
In that case, just so you're aware, there is a 2-disc 10th Anniversary Special Edition of Heat coming out on Feb 22. I'm considering getting it myself. I never got around to buying Heat on DVD, and it has, IMO, the best robbery/shootout scene since Reservior Dogs].

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

116. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 04:48 Hump

Sorry folks for my part in fueling what seems to be 3 or 4 pages of political posts on BN here. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, nor defend Bush. So again, my apologies for my part in it all.

verbal political combat gets started here if someone so much as sneezes so don't sweat it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes I dream about....cheese. Here, have a medkit"
- Half Life 2 NPC

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

115. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 14, 2005, 04:18 Tango

Milla was speaking real latin in the movie I believe
Actually it was a made up language - made up by Jovovich and Besson. Apparently they could converse in it by the end of the movie.

114. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 00:54 PHJF

A HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT MEGS OF RAM!?!?!?!?!

*HEAD ASPLODE*

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

113. Re: No WMDs? Who knew! Jan 14, 2005, 00:44 Brian A. Thomas

Sorry folks for my part in fueling what seems to be 3 or 4 pages of political posts on BN here. I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone, nor defend Bush. So again, my apologies for my part in it all.

As to normal BN stuff like making fun of HL2, Doom3. I would if I could actually play them to see what to make fun of. Stupid Rambus memory prices being what they are, I am stuck at 128MB.
Now if the better motherboard makers would get a NForce 4 board that used the Ultra chipset rather then the SLI version out on the market...

edited to correct a spelling error
This comment was edited on Jan 14, 00:47.

112. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 13, 2005, 23:25 PHJF

Listen to nin! BUY ME!!!

------
“The closer you get to being a pro, the closer you can get to the client. The knife, for example, is the last thing you learn. Ok?"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

111. Re: Back to our BN stuff Jan 13, 2005, 22:49 nin

That's why I'm not sure about buying the new version. Nin, do you think the extras included on this re-release are worth it?

I bought it (Fifth Element) because I didn't have it yet (Been waiting on a SE for years now!). The first edition (I believe) didn't have much in the way of extras, and the Superbit version had (I believe) NO extras (since it's Superbit). If I remember the thedigitalbits.com review right , this new 2 disc version is basically the Superbit disc, and a disc of extras. So you're getting the best of both...(the best audio and video they can fit in 8 gig, plus a disc of extras).

If you're on the fence about either movie, check out the review for both here (scroll down for The Professional review):
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews3/spinsheet010505.html

Anyone that hasn't seen Professional, should at the VERY least rent it ASAP (You'll want the "Leon" version, included here, as it's a longer international cut). I promise you, it's one of the best movies...if you like shoot 'em up action, with the slightest bit of humor, you won't be disappointed. Jean Reno, Portman, and Gary Oldman practically battle to see who can steal the most of the screen time, and they all do phenomenal jobs...

Professional ranks right next to Heat and Aliens as my all time fav action movies...

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 22:51.

130 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo